Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless fissure, people want to stay different long

HeroOfTheWarframe

The problem I got with endless fissures is that there are often people who want to leave as fast as possible. But there are also people who want to stay for at least 5 relics to get the extra relic. In survival this is extremly bad because sometimes people have to stay because the other dont want to leave, or the whole team got to leave because some want to leave early. But giving those people the option to leave alone doesnt fix the problem eighter because then the people who want to stay long have lower chances on getting good stuff from the relics ( because they can only choose between less relics at the end). And missions like interception are horrible with 2 people.

My solution would be that the people got to choose how long they want to stay in the fissure so they will join a group of people which want to stay about the same time as they want. Of corse they can leave earlier than they said, so they are not forced to stay for 5 relics if they nearly lose after 1 relic.

Oooor a party searcher option for endless missions...
The game host could have an option to trigger party searcher on or off.
What does it do?

A simple scenario:

You want to go on survival fissure up to 2 hours... you're at 20 minutes and people slowly start leaving because barely any random player would agree to run any longer... and thus, you're forced to solo the rest, or leave with them.

My idea:

Party searcher would be triggered when the party would not be full (considering the host has turned the system on). It would allow to invite a player or seek for a queued player for 1-2 minutes every rotation (5mins, 5 waves, whatsoever - you name it). It would allow them to join even if you'd be in the mission for hours.
Once the player appears in your team though - it would be their first wave/minute/whatsoever, so the latter waves rewards would not be possible to exploit (while the enemy lvl remains).
How to avoid unwanted joining to the ongoing mission? - simple!
When the queued player would be assigned to the ongoing mission instead of auto-teleport there they'd receive an "invitation" with text like.. .

"you've been assigned to an ongoing mission, current enemy lvl [number here], do you agree to join in the battle?
[yes] [no]"

That's how I see it xD

Edited by Sanxxieh

Seems like all these elite folks who can't stand early leavers should probably avoid pubs -- they don't seem to be able to handle it. 

Easiest solution for Survivals and Excavs is a terminal at extraction that you activate to leave. Use the terminal, extract. Everybody's happy: you got out early with your rewards, and the people who went in ready to stay for hours -- well, they're likely not to have really needed you anyway. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Sanxxieh:

You want to go on survival fissure up to 2 hours

For those cases you should serach people. I mean mission with "normal" lenght of up to 5 relics (~25min). Because it is pretty anoying if there is a fissure on a map like Xini where you know that you get 3 axi relics in a row if you stay 5 relics, but people leave after 2 relics...

On 1/25/2018 at 5:24 PM, HeroOfTheWarframe said:

The problem I got with endless fissures is that there are often people who want to leave as fast as possible. But there are also people who want to stay for at least 5 relics to get the extra relic. In survival this is extremly bad because sometimes people have to stay because the other dont want to leave, or the whole team got to leave because some want to leave early. But giving those people the option to leave alone doesnt fix the problem eighter because then the people who want to stay long have lower chances on getting good stuff from the relics ( because they can only choose between less relics at the end). And missions like interception are horrible with 2 people.

My solution would be that the people got to choose how long they want to stay in the fissure so they will join a group of people which want to stay about the same time as they want. Of corse they can leave earlier than they said, so they are not forced to stay for 5 relics if they nearly lose after 1 relic.

You have one problem that I agree with, people leaving early. And for that, we should either get a leave option like in Interception/Defense or the timer reaching 0:00 extracting players on the pad. On the same topic, you could ask for people that don't use a relic during the interception/defense should be extracted by default at the end of relic selection.

However, the second aspect you bring up is a bit more... greedy or selfish. And it can go as far as "I'mma use some intact relics and hope other people put up radiant ones". For this you have the recruit tab or the option to leave early and reform. I mean, it doesn't hurt to ask people how long they plan to stay in the mission or if they're able/willing to go on for a few days.

I want to be free to leave early or stay, being fully aware of what both options lead to (less variety of rewards, less experience, more struggle, whatever). Your solution doesn't hold. You can't really force people to commit to 40 minutes survival and then get a ban or something if, 5 minutes in, something important pops out on the other side of the screen and they still have to leave.

It's here that the option to leave without affecting the team comes in handy. I mean, in an excavation/survival mission, if this situation arises, my only option is to abort the mission and lose all the potential rewards I've gathered so far.

Another example: say you get your selection window. And because they need cryotics, some people will join for 2000, but not equip relics and not care about you having all the reactants before a cycle ends. What are you gonna do then? Stay for the 2000 cryotics? Extract early? Rage quit?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Himenoinu:

recruit tab

like I said the recruit tab is "death"

it doesn't hurt to ask people how long they plan to stay in the mission

no it doesnt but 75-90% dont answere

You can't really force people to commit to 40 minutes survival and then get a ban or something if, 5 minutes in, something important pops out on the other side of the screen and they still have to leave.

for that reason they dont need to stay for as long as they have said but it will be more common that you find people that want and will stay as long as you

However, the second aspect you bring up is a bit more... greedy or selfish.

I just want to stay in a mission for as long as I want and when 3 people want to leave some mission types arent possible if you dont have the righte equipment. So yeah this is positive for those people who want to stay longer in a mission than a few other but its not like I am the only one who want that. I dont think its "greedy" or "selfish" because I am not the only one how wants and for thos people (of corse me included) it would improve the game.

Well, I run the fissures with my gf. Survivals are RNG, but the rest, we don't care much. We use our rads, we get the "normal" cycle rewards and we're having fun. Sometimes we abduct our guild mates, whom also might want to leave after 2 cycles for various reasons. I admit that the recruit tab is toxic at times, with the specialized team setups and/or mind-boggling length aims, but it might still work.

Also also, make this experiment: spam radiant relics from the 2nd cycle onward. If missions are going smooth and people see rads, there's a high chance they'll hang around up to the 5th round of rewards. Hell! Some might even fork in radiants of their own. In the last 3 endless fissures we've ran, we got to the 9th round on an interception, and 5 on two other similar (easy to leave) ones. As a bonus, players in our team all tried to put up radiants or rare relics and even appologized for not having them.

2 hours ago, HeroOfTheWarframe said:

I just want to stay in a mission for as long as I want

Again, friends list, guild mates, solo play. Hell, even my gf mumbles something every now and then if I wanna push a fissure more (did 60 waves once... I almost slept on the doormat). I sometimes take ONE weapon to level in endless missions (that I can easily survive without), but I never go there expecting to be taxi'ed to the rewards, especially if I'm aiming for the 5th one.

So, option for people to leave excavations/survivals on their own?! Hell yeah! Anything else would be designed to force pick-up-groups to play your way. I mean, just like in any other online experience: you expect the worst going in with random people and who knows... you might be pleasantly surprized :D Otherwise spend time advertising the mission and the desired length you're hosting :)

@Himenoinu so let me ask it eles:

How would it make the game worst to introduce the machanic to find people that want to play as long as you without seraching them? It would only improve it I would say.

And maybe there are people on your recruit tab but at the german server there are most of the time 10 people in the chat and 9 of them are afk or dont read it.

So this change would make the game better for people like me but would not change the game for anyone to the worse so I would call it an improvement!

Edited by HeroOfTheWarframe

Because it can be abused. I'll sign up for 25 minutes of survival in the void on my rank 0 warframe and weapons setup, so the team mates can carry me. And then, you're stuck with me not helping and maybe not even carrying a relic, 'cause I came for experience or void traces. Running with the people and asking them to (or if they) stay for 25 minutes is an easier method to implement and less frustrating in the long run.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Himenoinu:

Because it can be abused. I'll sign up for 25 minutes of survival in the void on my rank 0 warframe and weapons setup, so the team mates can carry me. And then, you're stuck with me not helping and maybe not even carrying a relic, 'cause I came for experience or void traces. Running with the people and asking them to (or if they) stay for 25 minutes is an easier method to implement and less frustrating in the long run.

How is that abusing it if you want to stay for 25min then its fine. Warframe is not a hard game if there is one guy with bad weapons and frames there is no problem. And this is something that happens now too.

I had a team mate one time who ran 2 cycles of Void defense without contributing much in terms of damage and without having a relic equipped. As I mentioned before, I don't go to fissure missions hoping others will pack good relics or keep me safe from harm with their strong warframes, so it didn't matter. But you said that having fewer team mates makes surviving longer runs harders and also lowers the pool of possible rewards. However, now you say that's not a problem :D It's almost like you don't actually care about either of those two aspects and actually just want to have a full team, even if they're doing nothing and having no relics equipped :P

Am 25.1.2018 um 18:34 schrieb Ham_Grenabe:

and the people who went in ready to stay for hours

I dont talk about playing for hours. This would be a thing too if you just want to stay 4 or 5 relics in a mission (so <30min). Because if you want to farm for example axi relics and your team leaves after 1 or 2 relics but the axi relics are in rotation b and c then thats a problem. And sorry for the late answer, kind of forgot it.

26 minutes ago, HeroOfTheWarframe said:

@Himenoinu The problem is that you are talking about things that can happen but they dont have anything to do with better matchmaking. Of corse you can add even more options to the matchmaking like playing only with people at your MR or... but this doesnt belong to this topic.

So you'd add more mechanics while the outcome may be the same. People having to leave because irl issues, people coming without relics, people staying but being undergeared and just going for the long haul hoping to be carried. Hence, trying to set up a complicated match-making would be just leading to a swarm of bugs needing to be fixed, while not really improving the game experience for people that want those 5/9/13 etch rounds in fissures, or 4/8/blah-blah normally.

I wholeheartedly support the option to not be forced out of a survival because 2 out of 4 members want to leave after 5 minutes. I don't think there's any way that the devs could make a better job at match setup than we could by simply communicating among ourselves our intentions. Hell! If I really, really, REALLY want only 5 rounds endless runs, I'll just leave in the first minute if people I end up with don't answer or don't want to tag along. But I don't think such extreme measures are required. Usually, if the team has fun running the mission, rounds and waves will easily pile up to 5 and/or above without much persuasion :D

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Himenoinu:

So you'd add more mechanics while the outcome may be the same.

Of corse it would change the outcome. You will find more often the right people. Of corse there is a LITTLE chance that people got to leave earlier than expected but its not the case that every 3 minutes someone or something important pops up so you got to leave. Just because something that you point out could happen it doesnt happen every second run this are thing that rarely happen.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Himenoinu:

people coming without relics, people staying but being undergeared

Like I said another topic.

4 hours ago, HeroOfTheWarframe said:

Just because something that you point out could happen it doesnt happen every second run this are thing that rarely happen.

I'mma go blame in on RNG, but out of the last 10 endless fissures, 1 ended abruptly on the 2nd cycle. I made a habbit of stating my goals in the team chat and - depending on certain factors - my relic loadout intentions. Outside of fissures, I run endless missions for the full rewards rotations regardless of people leaving or not, if I aim for a certain reward. By the way! Did you try talking with your fissure team mates about the mission's length? Consistently, that is. It's very simple - "25 waves for bonus relic, guys?" for example.:D