Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disruption (Operator Mission Idea)

(XBOX)ShikiNeNeko

So The Idea came to be just last night when a pal and I got together to run an Exterminate mission using only our operators. So now here I am pitching it to the Devs (hopefully), and the community to see what you guys think. I figured, with the update of the Corpus revamping this may add a nice touch as well. Simply put, its a mission where you enter as your Operator and go in to destroy a device. Once the device is destroyed, the operator can then connect to their warframe (if they so desire) and face a horde of enemies that now swarm them as they make their escape.

So how would this actually work in the game? Probably something like this.

Plot: While developing new technology, the Corpus accidentally developed a device that interferes with the operators link when in range. Dangerous being in anybody's hands, the Tenno enter the complex to destroy the device and salvage what the corpus knows (possible data recovery side missions, or head engineer capture mission if you like here) about them. Once the device is destroyed then operator finds out two things. First, is that they could now reconnect to their frame. Second, that the device was linked into the corpus alarm system in case of a malfunction or tamper and now a large security force is heading their way (Insert lotus quote pun here please, i'm looking at you Megan :P) to prevent the Tenno from leaving with what they know about their precious device.

I agree with the Devs, the Corpus needs some much deserved love. So why don't we deliver said love in person. Tenno Style...

Sincerely yours,

Shiki the Oberon

The mission you suggested sounds good, but assuming that corpus don't know about the operators (i'm 99% sure of it), it becomes a bad way for them to learn of our secret. 

Though, there is this thing from valkyr trailer, that might make it somehow possible. 

NPxI1fk.png

So, in short, i would like to see these missions AFTER corpus learn about operators in some new quest.

Lore wise, it sounds terrible. I play this game for power-fantasy kicks as I bullet-jump over hordes of enemies, raining pain from above.

It's already a huge annoyance for me that the Corpus can simple turn off our powers like a light-switch.

Giving them the ability to flat out sever our brains from our surrogate bodies just from being too close would be a lore reason and a half to just give up.

But just the concept of an Operator only mission, I'm fine with.

I feel like it'd have scaling issues, seeing as how you can only get a powerful operator setup after tons of grinding for quills standing and focus points.

And I also feel like any loot that would be exclusive to this game-mode would most certainly have to be Operator focused, as some players would rather use their operators as little as possible, and locking something behind an operator wall would not be pleasant for them.

But overall, it works.

Finally, I personally feel like the Operator mechanics aught to be far more integrated into the game as-is. Instead of having some game-modes be all warframe, while some be all operator, make all missions at least partially involve both.

Things like:

• A bonus-loot room in Survival that's locked up too tight for a warframe, but a Rift-walking Operator could easily pass into.
  • An auxiliary engine in Sabotage missions that gives a second loot-roll if you successfully take it out too, but it's Operator only.
  • A security room at the start of Spy missions, that the operator can slip into and disable some detection systems preemptively.
  • A weapons locker in Assassination missions, that the operator can use to get a 1-time use mega-cannon, to help with the boss fight.
  • Orokin temples having hidden treasure troves that are only accessible through operator-puzzles.
  • Operator attacks causing Capture targets to stumble and fall, making catching them easier, if you swap between the two fast enough.

Note that all of my suggestions are entirely optional. I feel like very few essential things aught to be entirely restricted from players who have not yet completed TSD/TWW, or be forcibly painful to players who shun the Operator. I know quite a few players who gimp themselves in the name of pretending the Operator isn't there, solely because Operator-frame isn't the game they signed up for.

I, personally, Dislike all cinematic quests involving the Operator, but enjoy their mechanical/gameplay side of things, so I empathize with them quite a bit.

Edited by chainchompguy3