Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnetic Procs

LazyBlissIV

3 minutes ago, LazyBlissIV said:

We all know that Magnetic procs are trash, but what if we got an additional effect of magnetized foes pulling in incoming fire for the duration of the status proc.

what are your thoughts? Good, bad, annoying???

I'm not sure I understand... however, it seems like you're saying that magnetized foes would pull in fire as if they are being affected my Mag's Bullet Attractor. 

However, if you are wanting to talk about procs that are inflicted on the Warframes, I think that a good way to make being affected by a Magnetic proc dangerous would be to make the affected player attract incoming bullets. Seems effective. At the moment I never notice when I am affected by a Magnetic proc. But if the enemy's bullets suddenly started chasing me down, that would definitely make me notice.

I think I neat, useful proc would be to have it disable auras and certain other abilities.

Like, Mag Proc a Corrupted Ancient, and it's no longer protecting everything around it with it's aura. Proc on an Energy Leech Eximus, and your energy in no longer being drained. Proc on a Comba, and your abilities aren't disabled. Might also work for things like the Homing effect on Bombards/Napalms, various Bursa abilites and disable the ability for things like Hekka tamers to spawn enemies of their own.

Edited by Foefaller

13 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

I'm not sure I understand... however, it seems like you're saying that magnetized foes would pull in fire as if they are being affected my Mag's Bullet Attractor. 

However, if you are wanting to talk about procs that are inflicted on the Warframes, I think that a good way to make being affected by a Magnetic proc dangerous would be to make the affected player attract incoming bullets. Seems effective. At the moment I never notice when I am affected by a Magnetic proc. But if the enemy's bullets suddenly started chasing me down, that would definitely make me notice.

The former is correct. I had a bullet attractor like effect in mind.

10 minutes ago, Foefaller said:

I think I neat, useful proc would be to have it disable auras and certain other abilities.

Like, Mag Proc a Corrupted Ancient, and it's no longer protecting everything around it with it's aura. Proc on an Energy Leech Eximus, and your energy in no longer being drained. Proc on a Comba, and your abilities aren't disabled. Might also work for things like the Homing effect on Bombards/Napalms, various Bursa abilites and disable the ability for things like Hekka tamers to spawn enemies of their own.

I like the concept, I think I'd like it even more if every enemy type had at least some kind of unique effect.

23 minutes ago, Foefaller said:

Mag Proc a Corrupted Ancient, and it's no longer protecting everything around it with it's aura

radiation procs do this already, and disables all non-eximi auras. Thanks for the clarification @-AoN-CanoLathra-

23 minutes ago, Foefaller said:

Proc on an Energy Leech Eximus, and your energy in no longer being drained

i can stand by this for sure :D

Edited by Kalvorax

9 minutes ago, Foefaller said:

This is something I have been promoting for over a year now.

Magnetic procced enemies will only be able to use their weapons. No grapple hooks, no auras, no Eximi abilities, no ground slams, no teleports, no plasma grenades, no special abilities of any kind. Just the weapon they carry.

That said, the Bombard's homing capabilities are a part of the weapon, not the enemy itself, which would make it very hard to program magnetic procs to disable it. It would probably require giving them a different weapon for the duration of the proc, and that could cause a lot of potential bugs. Also, Napalms don't have homing projectiles.

And this would obviously not affect bosses, as most of their attacks are abilities, as opposed to weapons. Jackal, Lek Krill, and the Sargent are some of the few with dedicated weapons. Also, Sargas Ruk, (Mutalist) Alad V, Lek Krill, and Tyl Regor all have to use abilities for the fight to continue, so having the new magnetic affect them would be a bad thing for players. So the new magnetic procs couldn't affect bosses, but it would still be worth using on everything else.

24 minutes ago, Foefaller said:

Proc on an Energy Leech Eximus, and your energy in no longer being drained.

this sounds good on paper but in play i expect the game will just compensate by spamming more Energy Drain Enemies so that disabling the Auras is now mandatory to play the game.
Warframe has an addiction with making things it doesn't want Players doing mandatory.