Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grenades?

legionufo

-I have seen many time enemy use grenade throw on me.

-Why dont Tenno have grenade? some time i face with a sticky large group high level enemy but hard to face all them at the same time. If there have a grenade, i can throw it at them, may be it cant kill them but at least it make them panic find some cover give me some time to reload or running through, charge...etc

PS:sorry my bad English.

The closest thing to a grenade for us is the Vauban Tesla. I'm not sure how we'd get grenades unless they were in our Gear slot... Having grenades be a secondary instead of say a pistol or Kunai, etc. would be kind of .. difficult to imagine, even. Since it's a secondary slot, it would have to be a lot of grenades that anyone could likely spam.

I don't think the argument can be made that grenades aren't very ninja-like, considering we have things like the Ignis and the Ogris.

I don't think the argument can be made that grenades aren't very ninja-like, considering we have things like the Ignis and the Ogris.

lol...

I once asked a ninjitsu sensei whether a real life shinobi would use a grenade, a flamethrower or rocket launcher and he replied:

'Why wouldn't they? Whatever works and gets the mission done.'

My dubious reply: 'Not very stealthy...'

His retort: 'Stealth isn't everything. Firepower has it's place'.

Edited by Kalenath

The closest thing to a grenade for us is the Vauban Tesla. I'm not sure how we'd get grenades unless they were in our Gear slot... Having grenades be a secondary instead of say a pistol or Kunai, etc. would be kind of .. difficult to imagine, even. Since it's a secondary slot, it would have to be a lot of grenades that anyone could likely spam.

Agreed. Besides, if we do have grenades, it'll most likely be non-damage grenades that are meant to buff allies, harm enemies, or provide a quick escape.

Since it's a secondary slot, it would have to be a lot of grenades that anyone could likely spam.

Well, technically, you could always go the sniper route; slow fire rate, very small magazine clip, small ammo pool, but very high damage to make up for that. The grenades would lack the range of sniper rifles, but then, that's just fair enough considering their damage output.

Doesn't really fit Warframe, though.

Well, technically, you could always go the sniper route; slow fire rate, very small magazine clip, small ammo pool, but very high damage to make up for that. The grenades would lack the range of sniper rifles, but then, that's just fair enough considering their damage output.

Doesn't really fit Warframe, though.

Pretty much any 'Frame can be up in the front of the battle and there aren't too many(I understand there are some) actual sniper opportunities. Either one would be plausible, but since grenades don't exist for us, there's no point in going on with this.

Edited by DeceitfulShade

See, if we're talking about a smoke grenade, the Ash already has something ... almost like it, I guess; his Smoke Bomb ability serves that purpose to an extent.

yea and Excal have radia blind, it a flashbang... go crazy for this.

I don't see why it'd be that hard to imagine.

The grenades you fire out of a gun aren't all that large, and with the futuristic setting, they don't need to be the size of a baseball. You could easily make it perhaps the size large marking pen with a little button you push to prime it.

It'd be thrown in an arc, and would explode 3-4 seconds after you threw it and would bounce off of objects.

Don't see why it'd be that hard. There are some mission types (ahem, infested) I'd love to have these in my secondary slot. They'd be nice for Grineer missions too; grineer like to hide behind boxes. Chuck one over a box and let it bounce off the wall behind him. 3 seconds later, BOOM.

Edited by Xylia

I don't see why it'd be that hard to imagine.

The grenades you fire out of a gun aren't all that large, and with the futuristic setting, they don't need to be the size of a baseball. You could easily make it perhaps the size large marking pen with a little button you push to prime it.

It'd be thrown in an arc, and would explode 3-4 seconds after you threw it and would bounce off of objects.

Don't see why it'd be that hard. There are some mission types (ahem, infested) I'd love to have these in my secondary slot. They'd be nice for Grineer missions too; grineer like to hide behind boxes. Chuck one over a box and let it bounce off the wall behind him. 3 seconds later, BOOM.

Without cooking it first? You are the bravest man in the world, I must admit.

lol...

I once asked a ninjitsu sensei whether a real life shinobi would use a grenade, a flamethrower or rocket launcher and he replied:

'Why wouldn't they? Whatever works and gets the mission done.'

My dubious reply: 'Not very stealthy...'

His retort: 'Stealth isn't everything. Firepower has it's place'.

I have always though of ninjas as people who will use everything that is at their disposal to get the job done. Back in the old days of Japan, ninjas were forced to use stealth and farming/gardening tools as their weapons. They were forced to do this because they had to deal with people that had a lot of money with which to purchase advanced weapons and armour. Not to mention that the people in power had large forces at their diposal. A real ninja will use anything that is available to them to get the job done, and they will not limit themselves to stealth/gardening tools to fight. That people believe that ninjas will always use stealth/gardening tools to fight has never made sense to me. A real ninja will bust out with a mini gun if it is the best weapon available to them. ^_^

I do not see why people keep saying that grenades should be part of the seconday slot. Did anyone ever think that DE could add more than a primary and secondary slot to the game?

Yes,i think add 1 slot grenade(like primary, secondary, melee) in there you can put in a grenade you want(toxic, flash, fire, smoke. freeze...etc). 

Grenade ammo defence on each kid of it. Example Explode grenade have 4, flash have 2, smoke 2.

Because that it dont care much about duplicate with other frame skill like Ash or Excal. I mean if ash have smoke bomb he can carry toxic grenade or Excal have radial blind he can carry with smoke grenade.

I have always though of ninjas as people who will use everything that is at their disposal to get the job done. Back in the old days of Japan, ninjas were forced to use stealth and farming/gardening tools as their weapons. They were forced to do this because they had to deal with people that had a lot of money with which to purchase advanced weapons and armour. Not to mention that the people in power had large forces at their diposal. A real ninja will use anything that is available to them to get the job done, and they will not limit themselves to stealth/gardening tools to fight. That people believe that ninjas will always use stealth/gardening tools to fight has never made sense to me. A real ninja will bust out with a mini gun if it is the best weapon available to them. ^_^

Ninjas with Mini-Guns... Where's your god now?