G3rman

Warframe Lore Database; No Cats In The Future

Question

What is this about having no cats in the future?

A fan base has been made for a Cat based Frame to be made due to our very own DERebecca making a joke on the latest live stream. Some are more inclined that a SUIT of armor can't look feline it seems....

Long live the Cat Frame!

Edited by BobBoberson

What is this about having no cats in the future?

It is to poke fun at Rebecca and the fact that, most likely, Mynki and the others will not entertain her fantasy of a cat frame.

Grineer Language:

GrineerAlphabet.png

The Grineer use an alphabet based around rectangular figures of varying sizes, each with certain "notches" on the left side to further differentiate them. These characters are often found painted haphazardly on the walls of Grineer asteroid bases and equipment.

I've manage to decode most of the Grineer alphabet

alphabet_zpsd08a1bdf.png

Some of the things hidden in the Grineer language in-game:

BE GOOD OR BE GONE

GRINEER DEFENSE ASSET GROUP AUGUST

IF OUR ENEMIES DESERVED PEACE THEY WOULD HAVE DEFEATED US

OBEY ALL SIGNS

SUPREMACY IS DUTY

WANT WASS KOD S

DANGER TOUCHING LIVE WIRES CAN KILL YOU

WANT TO KNOW MORE WASSUP@GRINEERHERE.COM-SYSTEMWIDE

I tried emailing that address but apparently it doesn't exist

Also, sometimes the C's and K's are interchangable

Edited by Verefor
  • Upvote 2

alphabet_zpsd08a1bdf.png

Some of the things hidden in the Grineer langueage in-game:

BE GOOD OR BE GONE

OBEY ALL SIGNS

SUPREMACY IS DUTY

WANT WASS KOD S

I was considering working on Corpus this way because they have WAY MORE of their language around their locations. You planning on doing them next or is that all me?

I was considering working on Corpus this way because they have WAY MORE of their language around their locations. You planning on doing them next or is that all me?

I will do them soon too, I haven't noticed as much of their language but maybe I'll notice it if i start looking.

I will do them soon too, I haven't noticed as much of their language but maybe I'll notice it if i start looking.

Guys, Corpus alphabet is in the thread already.

Not to mention that it's ay easier to write down while decyphering)

Edited by GTG3000

Guys, Corpus alphabet is in the thread already.

Not to mention that it's ay easier to write down while decyphering)

I've done the Corpus alphabet too now and I've compiled all my work in this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/36768-grineer-and-corpus-alphabet/

I know that it still isn't confirmed as of yet but has anyone read the description of the new glavie weapon?

it says dating back to the first tenno. Adding even more of a link to the dark sector game, much like many of us has been expecting. But still not confirmed yet.

Wow good work deciphering those Grineer codes in game!  really cool

Can someone please explain to me thou WHAT is meant by 'no cats in the future'???

because i am a kitty Lover and the thought of no space ninja kittens to come home to after a successful assassination mission makes me want to cry into my cup of ninja green tea

• Upvote 1

Wow good work deciphering those Grineer codes in game!  really cool

Can someone please explain to me thou WHAT is meant by 'no cats in the future'???

because i am a kitty Lover and the thought of no space ninja kittens to come home to after a successful assassination mission makes me want to cry into my cup of ninja green tea

It's a joke about the livestream.) You should watch it, it's awesome stuff.)

Might be that the Lotus manipulated the Orokin into making the infestation and used the Tenno to spread it around. Now they woke us up to clean up their mess. Then again, I have no basis but it would make for an interesting story no?

A couple times now I've seen Vor? or maybe Hek? mention the "Celestial Shogunate" (mostly about how he's gonna kick its butt)

Some of the things hidden in the Grineer language in-game:

BE GOOD OR BE GONE

OBEY ALL SIGNS

SUPREMACY IS DUTY

WANT WASS KOD S

I believe there might be numbers involved as well. Such as the tile that has the various staircases leading up. The colored parts aren't actually letters, but I've a suspicion they might be numbers instead. I believe the green is 1 and yellow is 2. I'm not sure, I took these on the fly. Might pay off to confirm such.

nUUiyor.jpg

Edited by Redgen

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38672-lotus-intel-2-received/

There's something very interesting about Lotus.

Here's what is written in the video (Source : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38672-lotus-intel-2-received/?p=366091)

CHAIRMAN
THE KEY WORKS.

WE WILL PROFIT. OROKIN SALVAGE IS
INCREDIBLE. THE WEAPON FUSION WAS
A SUCCESS. THE NEW MACHINES EVISCERATED
OUR CAPTURED TENNO SPECIMEN. THERE
ARE MILLIONS PREPARED. SHOULD WE
LAUNCH ? THE TRAITOROUS LOTUS WILL NOT
BE FOREVER BLIND TO OUR PLAN.

PLEASE ADVISE,
COLLECTOR APACUS

1. The collector "Apacus" (certainly one of the Corpus) wants to launch "new machines" which were probably made by fusioning their technology with Orokin materials, because a "key worked". These machines were tried against captured Tenno. They might be some kind of upgraded MOAs as we can see at the end of the video. Furthermore if they are really made by using Orokin materials, it means that either they have really found a lot of them ("Orokin salvage is incredible") or they managed to "duplicate" Orokin's technology in one way or another (which could be quite interesting but I don't really think they can for the moment) because the Corpus, as Apacus said, will produce millions of new MOAs.

2. The Corpus considers Lotus as a traitor. Was she an ally of the Corpus, or even more one of them ? We know at least that she had contacts with this faction, because Apacus (and the chairman of the Corpus) know and apparently fear her - they see Lotus as a danger, if not why would the collector says that she "will not be forever blind" ?

I can't find anything else. Oh, and don't hesitate to correct me, English is not my primary language.

Edited by Lumilon

Maybe, as was mused before, lotus isn't a person, and are some sort of a biologic AI? So this one lotus remembered orokin roots and went rouge.

1. The collector "Apacus" (certainly one of the Corpus) wants to launch "new machines" which were probably made by fusioning their technology with Orokin materials, because a "key worked". These machines were tried against captured Tenno. They might be some kind of upgraded MOAs as we can see at the end of the video. Furthermore if they are really made by using Orokin materials, it means that either they have really found a lot of them ("Orokin salvage is incredible") or they managed to "duplicate" Orokin's technology in one way or another (which could be quite interesting but I don't really think they can for the moment) because the Corpus, as Apacus said, will produce millions of new MOAs.

2. The Corpus considers Lotus as a traitor. Was she an ally of the Corpus, or even more one of them ? We know at least that she had contacts with this faction, because Apacus (and the chairman of the Corpus) know and apparently fear her - they see Lotus as a danger, if not why would the collector says that she "will not be forever blind" ?

In my opinion, I believe, in your first statement, that they found the Orokin tech. Salvage would imply they dug it up and began to put it to use post-haste. That or put together what was there and then filled in the blanks with their own tech. Not necessarily duplication but synthesis. It's worked so well that they've made millions of these to be launched at the ready. Perhaps they're some kind of spec-ops MOAs that are launched en masse into areas with cells running around? Your guess is as good as mine, but I see these as some kind of ninja MOAs that have some kind of capability to nullify Tenno powers or strike when they least expect it, as hard as that is to believe.

To answer the second statement, I believe Lotus is really an organization and not a single entity. One can assume she may be the head or one of the heads of the organization which employs Tenno as their tools of destruction. They use Tenno as their own soldiers to fulfill their own galactic-political agendas and remove forces from this council that they see as a threat to their plans. One could assume the Lotus and Corpus worked together at one point before a split occurred (likely from the idea of profiting off of the frames and preserving them). Corpus have the technology to extract and preserve ancient Tenno/Warframes but they're more interested in delicious money than universal peace and stability. I believe the statement "forever blind" is either a way to emphasize their stance on their discovery or a jab at the lady Lotus who doesn't seem to have any visible method of seeing things, hence blind. Perhaps the lady Lotus used to follow the old ways of the Tenno before becoming politically involved and in charge of sending cells out.

I personally don't know what to expect from this new creature. One can assume Lotus is either a group of people or something different. This is just my view on these two statements. I'm just waiting for that darn update.

Oh cool, there's already a lore megathread.  Would anyone mind if I posted some lengthy stuff every once in a while?  I started writing my theories on the factions, and I have the Grineer section completed.

• Upvote 1

Theories and speculation is generally more fitting for the fan zone or just a broad general discussion post. If anyone has confirmed, canon facts that should be included in the lore sections then they should make a response here.

Big debates and discussion is suited elsewhere.

Theories and speculation is generally more fitting for the fan zone or just a broad general discussion post. If anyone has confirmed, canon facts that should be included in the lore sections then they should make a response here.

Big debates and discussion is suited elsewhere.

Okay, thank you.  I wasn't sure where I was supposed to post these kinds of things.  

I don't want to ruin anybody's lore fun...But DE_Steve hinted at "Animalistic" frames will happen some time. Don't get TOO into it...He did also say Rebecca asks for Cat Frame pretty much every day. <3

Long live Cat Frame.