G3rman

Warframe Lore Database; No Cats In The Future

Question

Storyline and choices are 2 very different things. What if i wanted the Grineer to cure themself from the their clone degeneration, hence being able to evolve and perhaps move-on from this war? What if i wanted to see what this guy i just captured have to say? What if i don't trust the guy i'm rescuing? Sure there are storylines, but it's exactly what Steve does NOT want to do, which is just shoving the story down your throat by cutscenes (or dialogues). If i don't want to do misdirection, then i can't move on into the game. If i want Ash Blueprints, then i'll have to doom the Grineer to eternal cloning degeneration.

It's either be saved and woken by the Lotus, and the Tenno she sent to do so, and do the same for other Tenno or get dissected/sold by the Grineer/Corpus, never to wake up. Or sleep forever in an Infested ship.

The enemies do not want your sympathy.

The demeanor of our enemies don't allow us to make friends with them. We have to rely on our fellow Tenno, but also find our own way with what has been given to us. The freedom of motivation and possibly even actions will most likely expand a bit as they flesh the game out, but the enemies and their lore probably won't.

Left this in the "What does this mean?" thread before I realised you pointed us towards the language section in here. This is what I've got for the corpus language so far.

The insignia in the corpus ship might possibly say the following:

beecloud

robot control

systems

mars

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/8jMgDKF.png

Here's an attempt at deciphering the Corpus glyphs, based on the Glyphs posted before as well as those posted below. A and I glyphs are very similar, and there seem to be two different glyphs for C. Not sure about those that aren't included, yet.

Some sign at the bottom of some stairs: http://i.imgur.com/jCayKCS.jpg

greentooth army

polycount com

Sign above a door in a one room: http://i.imgur.com/e2mMFaB.jpg

cargo room s

Deactivated control panel: http://i.imgur.com/WLEYWiI.jpg

(Note: I couldn't figure out most of the small stuff)

marvelous

beecloud

robot control

systems

hivemind

Edit: Grineer kan not spell korrekt!

MI8xz1a.png

MYWbCzL.jpg

Edited by Botskiz
  • Upvote 5

Would you like to know more? A hark back to the Starship Troopers propaganda broadcasts maybe? But touching live wires can kill you?! I'm glad you translated that! I could have had an accident!

As for the Corpus inscription, only the beecloud bit confuses me, the rest would make sense.

EDIT

Have you considered that the flat vertical line on the Kil Tenno on Site one could represent an exclamation mark (!)?

Edited by MrGrae

@MrGrae: The Beecloud thing is probably a reference only those in the know would get, similar to the Greentooth Army & Polycount.com references. As for the vertical line, yes, I've considered that, but the horizontal line could be an exclamation mark as well, judging from the "toucing live wire kan kill you" and "wassup, grineerhere" lines. Although it wouldn't work in the "kom systemwide" line. Therefore I decided to leave it out until we know more (no pun intended).

Fair enough :) I'm honestly impressed by your translations though, keep up the awesome work!

I think the beeclouds reference is the Corpus trying to explain those red clouds that we see flying around all over the place on the infested missions, maybe thats what spreads the plague.

Edited by Nomas

Small update to the Orokin lore.

If you can get the Grineer alphabet as confirmed correct by a developer then it can be added, until then it must unfortunately stay as player speculation.

Now it have been confirmed that tenno used to work by Clan

Read the pangolin sword new description:

"Unique Blade used by an old Tenno clan"

DE said in the teaser vid for update 7 that they planned to involve different Tenno "clans" in a lore element linking to the different types of mods.

Well now that we have stalker... is someone going to at least add alittle bit about him in the lore that he goes around killing tenno?

The Grineer Heavy Gunner screams "Death to the Lotus!"; is she referring to our benefactor or are we, the Tenno, known as 'the Lotus', after our insignia, by our enemies?

Hi everyone!

This is my first post ever on the forums but I think I've found out something very impressive and misterious about the lore.

So I played a defense mission with 3 other guys and somehow I was the only one who wanted to continue after wave 5 although there was at least one other player who wanted to continue. (Maybe a bug or something)

Anyways, suddenly I was doing the next 5 waves alone and right after the 6th wave I got a strange voice and an image of something looking like a warframe head telling me this:

"You cannot escape your past, Tecrys. You have to stand up for your sins"

I cannot remember the exact frase and I didn't do any screenshots but according to Waframe Wiki that was a Stalker.

I tried to kill him but he was very strong and high level and after he killed me he said this:

"Justice has been served. Assassination contract fullfilled."

I revived and finished the mission.

My conclusion:

There seems to be another faction using Warframes (or something very similar) as well, opposed to the Tenno.

Who that might be, I don't know but they seem to know a lot more about us Tenno then Lotus wants to tell us.

As a side note, the weapons he used were a very strong Gorgon (or something looking extremely similar) and dual Skana/dual short swords in melee.

Also, just as the wiki says, those "Stalkers" use invisibility and teleport as it seems.

Since I don't have any evidence I ask other forum members to confirm and/or strenghen my observations.

I thougt this might be useful to know, according to Warframe Universe Lore,

Tecrys

Edited by Tecrys

I somehow missed that sentence on your first post but it sumerizes my observations quite well, so I'm fine with that.

I hope there will be more focus on Stalkers in the future.

We need lore about the Stalker and its relation to the enemy factions and the Tenno!

We need lore about the Stalker and its relation to the enemy factions and the Tenno!

I delegate that task to you, sir.

Small update:

Added blurb on warframes and their relationships to Tenno in Tenno lore.

Edited by G3rman