The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Point Of Increasing Snow Globe's Level?

Casardis

Question

8 answers to this question

It increases the slow percentage when inside the globe, making enemies unable to move or take action properly.

exactly.

while yes the Wiki - because Wikia is pretty meh **, doesn't state what levelling does - the card has a tooltip like most (doesn't seem to work for all, or maybe all the tooltips aren't finished) ability cards that tells you what upgrading the power does.

it states that levelling the card increases the ensnare, or slowing amount. 

it's not THAT useful, and probably best to keep a base rank snowglobe and a levelled one around for different factions / situations. if enemies are expected to be inside your snowglobe a lot (such as infested), then the extra ensnare is useful. 

else wise, it's not worth it, as it only affects enemies inside the snowglobe, and since ranged enemies aren't that aggressive, hehe.

** this being due to Wikia is not a very openly editble Wiki design, so most people can't edit it. pretty counter-intuitive to the point of a Wiki being a widely diverse markup language that can allow for simple, effective editing of articles, and intended to be openly editable so that just about anyone can add more information.

so that's the reason why a Wikia wiki doesn't have the information you want.

the comments on Wikia wiki's are more reliable than the articles themselves. 

Edited by taiiat

Thanks for the quick responses!

while yes the Wiki - because Wikia is pretty meh **, doesn't state what levelling does - the card has a tooltip like most (doesn't seem to work for all, or maybe all the tooltips aren't finished) ability cards that tells you what upgrading the power does.

it states that levelling the card increases the ensnare, or slowing amount. 

[...]

the comments on Wikia wiki's are more reliable than the articles themselves. 

I seem to be one of those then. Before update 9, the tooltip was working. Now it just doesn't show up anymore when I hover my mouse over the power mod.

I will read the comments more in the future. I did read them a bit, but I guess I missed on that detail.

Upgrade it! It does make quite a difference. And ALL factions have mobs that will enter it. Nothing more annoying than playing with a frost with an un-upgrade snow globe.

Also very useful for buying time, by dropping them at choke points to slow mobs down (you can have more than 1 active at any time). Or create your own portable melee arena, where you just drop it and murder everyone within.

So, yeah. It is worth upgrading.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler