Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Rework Ideas

-Pure

With all the commotion of frame reworks at the moment, I thought it'd be fun to take our minds off the impending doom that is the frame nerfs and have a go at making Nekros more interactive. While he does currently see a high usage rate due to his desecrate being extremely helpful on a lot of missions, especially when farming for particular resources or bringing him to JV, I don't think he is truly active nor do I think about picking him when I don't have to farm resources.

I propose... a massive scythe.

Yes, a massive room-sized mystical Scythe, think Nekros Deluxe scythe skin in terms of looks, to replace his 4th ability. I propose you cast it with the same animation as he currently has (slow without mods) and it summons a Scythe that swipes across the screen hitting a 180-degree cone in front of you. Enemies killed by the blow are then resurrected to be used in the same way his current 4 works up to a cap. Think how Gara's 1st ability works when held down, similar to that. The massive damage would be offset by the slow unmodded animation which can put Nekros in danger and may require synergy with his 2nd ability Terrify in order to stay safe, as well as the unusually high energy and health cost. As this Scythe will deal purely slash damage, it would also allow his desecrate ability to perform its job on multiple body parts. While being an extremely strong nuke with a great payoff, I think Nkros would be significantly more active and fun to play while not being OP. The cost of his own life in order to wipe out enemies and have them serve him would (I think) fit him and his theme really well.

Stats (I don't plan to do any actual math for this, its just ballpark numbers, I'm sure if this idea was taken seriously then the numbers would be adjusted appropriately)

Scythe:

Damage:                         1000 (Slash) - affected by PWR STR and MELEE mods       (I don't really know how out of hand this number could get with mods with so take it with a grain of salt)
Range:                             15 meters - affected by  RANGE and MELEE mods (reach)
Animation:                        2 seconds - affected by CAST SPEED mods and MELEE mods (attack speed)    (attack speed cant currently affected cast time so could be changed)
Cost:                                100 energy + 250 health - affected by EFFICIENCY mods

Resurrected Shadows:

Enemies affected:             7
Damage Multiplier:            2.5 - affected by PWR STR mods
Health Multiplier:                2 - affected by PWR STR mods
Shield Multiplier:                2 - affected by PWR STR mods
Health Decay / Sec(%):     3  - affected by DURATION mods

Augment:

Extends Nekros' passive ability to apply to all enemies killed with the Scythe regardless of range. Health gained also applies to Shadows.

Augment (Alternative):

Refunds a portion of energy and health based on the number of enemies killed by the Scythe

AND/OR

He could keep the Shield Of Shadows augment he already has as many people like being tanky with it.

Like I said this was just for a bit of fun, I would like to hear any thoughts / opinions on it or perhaps your ideas of Nekros' changes however outlandish they may be!

Edited by -Pure

9 minutes ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

Considering the majority of reworks turn out to be Nerf's  why would you want them to rework nekros a perfectly fine at what he does.

3 hours ago, -BRM-MetalGarurumonX said:

Nekros don't need a rework. Stop.

Considering you both must've not gotten round to reading past the first line of this post i think you'd better open your eyes before i answer that. - Oh no the developer of this game i play often nerfs characters i play, better not think about anything ever and just accept what i get like a good sheep.

Edited by -Pure

As someone who sunk hours into Nekros, I personally don't want to see this change. Cool idea, but his ult can be borderline broken and does scale pretty well with higher enemies. It'd be replacing a great defensive ability that can make Nekros last for a long time in higher level missions into a quick AoE blast to take out smaller units, and we have plenty of those frames and abilities. The main thing I'd like to see if Nekros gets changes is more of a synergy with his 3rd into enemies that were hit by 1 or 2, making them possibly drop chunks of armor or shields that allies can use for a limited time, or if an enemy is soul punched we get a much larger portion of health, or like Titania, a nice buff from whatever enemy type they are, either more physical damage, elemental damage, or something like that. Other than that, I really don't think Nekros needs to be tweaked for now. He is fine as an all-around frame who can heal (Not as effectively as others, but still not bad), CC, tank, and even use augments to make him more than just a 1-trick pony that he used to be.While a nice ol' death scythe makes him more fun, his kit is already good as the "Master" or "Manipulator" of death.  

8 hours ago, ILLARIAH said:

As someone who sunk hours into Nekros, I personally don't want to see this change. Cool idea, but his ult can be borderline broken and does scale pretty well with higher enemies. It'd be replacing a great defensive ability that can make Nekros last for a long time in higher level missions into a quick AoE blast to take out smaller units, and we have plenty of those frames and abilities. The main thing I'd like to see if Nekros gets changes is more of a synergy with his 3rd into enemies that were hit by 1 or 2, making them possibly drop chunks of armor or shields that allies can use for a limited time, or if an enemy is soul punched we get a much larger portion of health, or like Titania, a nice buff from whatever enemy type they are, either more physical damage, elemental damage, or something like that. Other than that, I really don't think Nekros needs to be tweaked for now. He is fine as an all-around frame who can heal (Not as effectively as others, but still not bad), CC, tank, and even use augments to make him more than just a 1-trick pony that he used to be.While a nice ol' death scythe makes him more fun, his kit is already good as the "Master" or "Manipulator" of death.  

Thanks for the reply :)

Yeah i wasn't demanding for a nekros rework, more of just a fun idea while everyone else is in an uproar over the dev workshop. While i think it would be pretty cool, i also agree that he is fine where he is and while i did include options to make his current tanky playstyle with SoS still a thing, i can see why you'd think that no change is needed.

I could probably think of hundreds of random ideas that might / might not fit a frames theme and kit i just felt like sharing this one and wanted to get some people thinking too.