Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please reverse the changes to the extraction point.

OrionHisSon

Good evening to DE and my fellow Tenno.

I wish to post about the problems caused by the recent changes to extraction points.

1. I noticed the marker is not green anymore. I'm going to assume it's now red, or another color containing red, as I'm red-color blind. Leaving the map on a timer, is now impossible for me. Not to forget that toxic players don't care if you're/ or have handicaps. They'll insult you anyway.

2. The area which registers the extraction point, is at least twice the size now. This causes a number of problems, including preventing you from completing certain tasks.

a) There are two extraction points where Kuria can be found to the left of the pad. A large circular one for the Grineer Mars tileset, and the rare fork one for the Grineer Ceres tileset. You had to tiptoe along the edge in order to see and scan the Kuria. This is impossible now, as stepping on the edge of the landing pad completes the mission.

b) The outdoor landing pad on Earth, with four walkways branching from it. Those rooms and walkways could hold secret caches, syndicate medallions, statues, and scans. Yes, you can jump to the walkways. Guess where you end up if you miss? Out of the mission (you spawn on the landing pad) !

Please reverse the changes to the extraction points, or change the location of the items/Kuria that spawn there.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

:meridian::suda:

Edited by GrazewoundZero

aye, the expanded Extraction size in a few Tiles certainly causes some issues.

though the Extraction Nav Icon isn't deliberately changed, it's a UI bug. the Icon it's showing instead in those situations, is the same as 'Kill this Enemy'. rather than the Extraction Icon.

6 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Good evening to DE and my fellow Tenno.

I wish to post about the problems caused by the recent changes to extraction points.

1. I noticed the marker is not green anymore. I'm going to assume it's now red, or another color containing red, as I'm red-color blind. Leaving the map on a timer, is now impossible for me. Not to forget that toxic players don't care if you're/ or have handicaps. They'll insult you anyway.

2. The area which registers the extraction point, is at least twice the size now. This causes a number of problems, including preventing you from completing certain tasks.

a) There are two extraction points where Kuria can be found to the left of the pad. A large circular one for the Grineer Mars tileset, and the rare fork one for the Grineer Ceres tileset. You had to tiptoe along the edge in order to see and scan the Kuria. This is impossible now, as stepping on the edge of the landing pad completes the mission.

b) The outdoor landing pad on Earth, with four walkways branching from it. Those rooms and walkways could hold secret caches, syndicate medallions, statues, and scans. Yes, you can jump to the walkways. Guess where you end up if you miss? Out of the mission (you spawn on the landing pad) !

Please reverse the changes to the extraction points, or change the location of the items/Kuria that spawn there.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

:meridian::suda:

I am color blind as well.. so yeah dont go changing the "Green Icons" or give us a definitive shape  (come on, User Interface Design 101..  use shapes not colors)  If DE design department would like I can reference a number of good Cognitive Design and Heuristic design books they can learn from to go along with some Interactivity Design skills they already possess I am sure.

I myself am not colorblind, However this the new extraction icon is also hiding under other icons on the mini map, In fact I had to open the minimap to full screen in order to find the icon, Twice now, my squad has been lost searching for the exit as its extremely difficult to extract. Last one took 3 and a half extra minutes tiil we found it....Utterly ridiculous  

My assumption is that it's actually broken -- their updates often seem to break things that you would think have no relationship to what they were updating (there was one a while back that changed the letter designations for extractors into random symbols - so you might be defending Excavator :perrin: or trying to figure out which one was :naramon:) and changed the Life Support Pod icon into a Zenurik polarity icon). 

I also assume it's a bug as there is no logical reason to change to a color already in use. It's also not just the color as the exit icon completely disappears from both the mini and large map when when too far away. Even when I have gotten closer to it it's often completely black on the maps and I only see red when I'm almost on top of it. 

I have also had at least 3 instances where in an invite only mission with one other person their icon disappears as well. Good times when your looking for the exit and your team mate says "I'm at the exit. Just follow my icon". I thought it would help if we could get some prime whistles so if this happens again we can just follow the sound.......