Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag

(PSN)P_r_e_d_a_tt_o_r

Stop pls stop trying to find a place for Mag, you guys kill Mag since Greegy, you want Mag to be back in the game just put her back where she was 3 years ago, this game is all about farming stuff she was good in that she was the big Carrier with that big vacuum doing the most hard work collecting everything, I know minimal 20 players that stop playing since that nerf you want them back just let Mag be greedy again, is a lot to farm in the game, and the maps are getting bigger Mag is the perfect one to help now just give us greedy back 

1 minute ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

No you can clearly understand his point and what he's saying.

No up votes for you , stop it.

No, I'm serious, I couldn't understand.

Probably would've faired better if I just said that, but I wasn't really planning on elaborating further.

Edited by mac10smg-ToaOfGreen

7 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

No, I'm serious, I couldn't understand.

Probably would've faired better if I just said that, but I wasn't really planning on elaborating further.

He just wants greedy pull to work for allies again. It used to work that way but DE stopped that.. I can't remember why. Honestly though I kind of agree with him. The changes they are currently giving to mag don't help solve the "problem" with her. Well that's what many players are stating. By giving her back the ability to pull pick ups to her allies would just leave her in a fairly fine place for camping survivals and defense missions, well she's already good for those..I guess she'd be requested more.

Edited by Trickst3rGawd

Just now, Trickst3rGawd said:

He just wants greedy pull to work for allies again. It used to work that way but DE stopped that.. I can't remember why. Honestly though I kind of agree with him. The changes they are currently giving to mag don't help solve the "problem" with her. Well that's what many players are stating. By giving her back the ability to pull pick ups to her allies would just leave her in a fairly fine place for camping survivals and defense missions.

They removed it because it

1. Ignored walls

2. Made camping WAY too easy to do

Remember, this was during the draco days, a.k.a. the era of standing there and doing nothing. Plus, I bet they were also expecting troll behavior with it.

Oh, and thanks for clearing it up.

I know many people hate that time! (To many afk) but if you guys remember it correctly was the time that every new player actually feel like he could do something! They could farm Void anything and anywhere because Mag was always welcome, now you see many players that are MR 20 and still no clue what they are doing because no one actually helps them, and no one cares!

1 minute ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

They removed it because it

1. Ignored walls

2. Made camping WAY too easy to do

Remember, this was during the draco days, a.k.a. the era of standing there and doing nothing. Plus, I bet they were also expecting troll behavior with it.

Oh, and thanks for clearing it up.

I mean..they could just stop it from ignoring walls and you say it made camping way to easy. I understand that but look at Octavia! *Points to octavia throwing her mallet and crouches in the corner for 70minutes*

Yeah I loved Greedy Mag too, but it's not like she doesn't serve a purpose anymore. I like her equally now as I did then, and with this new buff she's getting, the majority of players I think will be happy.

The real issue here is for a uni-vacuum, and I still don't see a downside for that.

Greedy Pull should be tossed out the nearest Liset port and left to drift towards the sun, it should not be reworked, it should not be returned to version 1.0, it should die in a hole covered in snakes and tarantula wasps that have been lit on fire with napalm and God's tears.

It is not a good Augment for this game nor for Mag.  Period. 

It did not improve teams for people, it only made Mag a 1 ability Warframe, which is a travesty considering her other 3 abilities and the amount of time that's gone into her development.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Greedy Pull should be tossed out the nearest Liset port and left to drift towards the sun, it should not be reworked, it should not be returned to version 1.0, it should die in a hole covered in snakes and tarantula wasps that have been lit on fire with napalm and God's tears.

It did not improve teams for people, it only made Mag a 1 ability Warframe, which is a travesty considering her other 3 abilities and the amount of time that's gone into her development.

I mostly used her number 4 to nuke enemies shields and grant me and my allies over shields, the cool part was the more shield they had the more damage it had. I miss that.

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Agreed. It's a rare thing in Warframe where all four abilities are good enough to have builds for them, and Mag is still in shadow because so many people won't give her rework a chance. Greedy was useful, so I used her a lot, but it wasn't fun. But I actually have fun running Mag now.

Just now, (Xbox One)CoCoStarfish69 said:

I mostly used her number 4 to nuke enemies shields and grant me and my allies over shields, the cool part was the more shield they had the more damage it had. I miss that.

Two issues.

Polarize was her number 2 ability, and it wasn't until her Augment came out that she, and only she, gained overshields. 

But with the changes DE has suggested, Polarize is going to have scaling damage of a sorts, so it'll be nice to have that back.  I just wish it was an instant cast again, instead of that moving wave nonsense. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

Two issues.

Polarize was her number 2 ability, and it wasn't until her Augment came out that she, and only she, gained overshields. 

But with the changes DE has suggested, Polarize is going to have scaling damage of a sorts, so it'll be nice to have that back.  I just wish it was an instant cast again, instead of that moving wave nonsense. 

Oh yes you’re correct! Thank you for the correction. I agree with the instant polarize coming back. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)AndreSpeed1989 said:

Wow 1 ability Warframe? Wait wait you gone tell me that the other warframes are different? You always gone have that ability and for that ability you build your frame.

And was not only 1 ability, only that ability was used more for one good reason! 

Warframe used to definitely have that issue, and to some extent still does, but if you haven't noticed, DE has been reworking the biggest offenders of that and giving them a wider spectrum. I don't want to sit down and name them all, but there are more frames that have more than one good ability than there are frames with ONLY one. Same with Mag.  

3 minutes ago, (PS4)AndreSpeed1989 said:

Wow 1 ability Warframe? Wait wait you gone tell me that the other warframes are different? You always gone have that ability and for that ability you build your frame.

And was not only 1 ability, only that ability was used more for one good reason! 

All of my Warframe builds are centered around making 3 to 4 abilities viable in average content.  Unless I'm doing speed run Raids or endurance runs that min/max single ability builds are needed.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CoCoStarfish69 said:

Oh yes you’re correct! Thank you for the correction. I agree with the instant polarize coming back. 

If you're interested in a Mag build that is fairly general purpose, let me know and I'll send a screencap of one of mine.