Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need More Anti-AFK/Leech Measures in Missions

Raspberry

At least 2 squad members must push a button semi-simultaneously to progress through a "friendship gate" in an Exterminate mission, and all members must enter Jackal's boss room to start the boss battle. I think more features like these should be incorporated into the game, not so excessively that it bogs down the pace of the game, but enough to force leechers to either act or simply have zero chance at getting mission rewards. I'm not thrilled to see noobs just chilling with a Zeplen while non-leechers and I do all the work of attacking the Balor Fomorian. Within the confines of the Fomorian's interior, there are enough enemies to force everyone to either act or die, so I would appreciate it if the Fomorian Disruptor cannot be used until all squad members are inside. I was so annoyed by this one case where a "teammate" was clearly not willing to contribute (even strongly encouraging us in chat to continue without him as he sat 2000m away), but someone eventually activated their Disruptor, anyway. This annoyed me and one other person enough to abort the mission, and unfortunately, I found my own Disruptor to have been used up from my inventory. That cryotic could have been used for clan research, but no, it had to be spent on literally nothing because a teammate was willing to activate their Disruptor and carry a rather ill-mannered leecher.

EDIT: Maybe one more workaround/fix to this problem could be that the Fomorian Disruptors are not actually spent in the inventory until the mission ends in success/failure, instead of being spent in-mission. That way, if I abort to a teammate that prematurely used one, I don't lose mine.

Edited by Raspberri

The downside of the "No Activation Until Full Team" thing is this gives literally one troll total ability to waste people's time by just sitting around until they all abort mission, and then he just aborts too and joins another Public mission and repeats it all over again. (Cause, you know, those people need to feel like their...uh..."egos" are a little bigger by doing it)

5 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

The downside of the "No Activation Until Full Team" thing is this gives literally one troll total ability to waste people's time by just sitting around until they all abort mission, and then he just aborts too and joins another Public mission and repeats it all over again. (Cause, you know, those people need to feel like their...uh..."egos" are a little bigger by doing it)

There can be a vote among the people that are there to force a timer on the last guy. If he doesn't arrive at the designated location within said timer, he's auto-kicked by the game. Or maybe this could overcomplicate things. Maybe the simplest solution is to just not remove a Fomorian Disruptor from my inventory until the mission completes (either in success or failure).

3 minutes ago, Raspberri said:

There can be a vote among the people that are there to force a timer on the last guy. If he doesn't arrive at the designated location within said timer, he's auto-kicked by the game. Or maybe this could overcomplicate things. Maybe the simplest solution is to just not remove a Fomorian Disruptor from my inventory until the mission completes (either in success or failure).

First part, this would still lead to problems. Now you have a team of Farmers who can't put up with a new player and their poor abilities/control of the arch wing unit, arriving at the Fomorian inner point, and instantly all voting to force timer to kick the player out as they struggle to get to the point, because they just can't be bothered with this guy during their "Gotta Farm Fast".

The system has problems, yes, but every solution just carries more problems with it, I'm afraid.

(Perhaps the "After the Fact" resource expenditure would be do-able, but I haven't really thought over what problems might arise with it...)

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

First part, this would still lead to problems. Now you have a team of Farmers who can't put up with a new player and their poor abilities/control of the arch wing unit, arriving at the Fomorian inner point, and instantly all voting to force timer to kick the player out as they struggle to get to the point, because they just can't be bothered with this guy during their "Gotta Farm Fast".

The system has problems, yes, but every solution just carries more problems with it, I'm afraid.

(Perhaps the "After the Fact" resource expenditure would be do-able, but I haven't really thought over what problems might arise with it...)

Yeah, you're right, a 4-man squad is too small for any sort of reasonable voting system. Gear item expenditures can be evaluated case-by-case, and since I have less say on my own Disruptor than the 3 teammates that I get, I think that at least for the Balor Fomorian event, Disruptor expenditure should only apply at the end of a mission (which is fairly easy to succeed, anyway, if you're not a complete noob). I'm fine with personal consumables like team restores being expended as they are used, though.

I understand your pain, i hate leeches too, but it doesn't matter what you do, a lot of people are going to be unsatisfied with the results, whether you add this No activation thing, or you don't add it

Anti-leech not added

Spoiler

Y R U NOT ADDING ANTI LEECH THING

Anti-leech added

Spoiler
34 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

TOO MANY TROLLS DELETE DIS M8

Honestly, I don't think the No activation thing will help that much either, because you could just activate the Fomorian Disruptor, then someone could leech after the Disruptor gets activated. And, for speedruns, because sometimes i'm in a squad to speedrun, and there's that one 10 ton Rhino that's just like LEAVE ME I'LL ONLY SLOW YOU DOWN

Giving players the ability to /votekick is an option, but like the No activation thing, it could be abused, like kicking people for having a low MR, for using certain frames and weapons, etc. 

So in the end, there's really no way around dissatisfying a big group of people

Spoiler

I'm mad, people are leeching

I'm mad, people are trolling and wasting my time

I'm mad, i'm getting kicked for literally no reason

Edited by (PS4)PS_90210