Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE!! We Are Getting Accessories Only For Unvaulted Packs Starting This Pack. THANK YOU [DE]!

DelBoyJamie

6 minutes ago, (PS4)jonnyblaze1976 said:

but to think the only reason people play warframe is for the goldy bits is just ridiculous. 

Did I say that? No. I said customisation does greatly affect this game as much as the guns, movement all other tangible mechanics.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)jonnyblaze1976 said:

Not gonna lie and say that i dont look snazzy

Thank you. Finally got there in the end. 

3 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

I'm sorry? how exactly am i being uncivil when your guys are literally whining to buy cosmetics cheaply on a game where you can get almost everything for free, even the game itself?

Well, I am having a discussion on a matter of importance to me, in which I actually respect the opinions of others even when they disagree with me. As well as treat them with some basic respect. Something you are yet again showing yourself to be lacking in. You're being a prick about your points is what I'm saying.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

Just now, Artorius-Alter said:

Well, I am having a discussion on a matter of importance to me, in which I actually respect the opinions of others even when they disagree with me, As well as treat them with some basic respect. Something you are yet again showing yourself to be lacking in. You're being a prick about your points is what I'm saying.

You can't really argue about civility one second and then call someone a prick the next dude... seriously dude. You may not like the way i say what i say and that's all fine, but name calling is just childish and is honestly hurting your argument here...

If anyone thinks I’m saying people play warframe just for its customisation gameplay and not its fighting gameplay then you are wrong. Some prefer one more than the other, but the abscene of either would be noticed and felt by both sides. 

Cusomtisation is as much part of the gameplay as the fighting. They both provide entertainment and affect how you feel within the game over all. Yin and Yang.

3 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

You can't really argue about civility one second and then call someone a prick the next dude...

If you started out civil you do have a better moral high ground than someone who just jumped in ready to argue, even if you get aggressive later. Not saying you did that. Just making it clear that starting out civil means you have a little more credability than someone who didn’t.

Just now, Glavenusaur said:

You can't really argue about civility one second and then call someone a prick the next dude... seriously dude. You may not like the way i say what i say and that's all fine, but name calling is just childish and is honestly hurting your argument here...

Riiight, and did it not occur to you that maybe I was just for a moment there tired of again affording you that basic bit of respect from my end, when you habitually refer to people with a view opposed to your own, like myself, as a ''whiner'' as opposed to someone who is trying to have a constructive discussion about something that has been a hot topic for god knows how many years now..?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

I said customisation does greatly affect this game as much as the guns, movement all other tangible mechanics.

For some people, maybe. I could care less about fashionframe. I walk into any relay with my default warframe look and don't feel guilty or ashamed whatsoever. I can clear a tileset as efficiently with or without a syandana. Some people prefer to look fabulous while mass murdering Grineer, that's fine. To each his/her own.

I thought the whole point of this thread was to discuss about having the accessories pack available separately from the PV packs. I think it would make sense business wise to do so. More people would probably buy those than the full packs. These are all pre-made digital assets. It's all pure revenue, however they choose to sell those. Why not add options for accessories only?

Just now, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

If anyone thinks I’m saying people play warframe just for its customisation gameplay and not its fighting gameplay then you are wrong. Some prefer one more than the other, but the abscene of either would be noticed and felt by both sides. 

Cusomtisation is as much part of the gameplay as the fighting. They both provide entertainment and affect how you feel within the game over all. Yin and Yang.

If you started out civil you do have a better moral high ground than someone who just jumped in ready to argue, even if you get aggressive later. Not saying you did that. Just making it clear that starting out civil means you have a little more credability than someone who didn’t.

You actually have more of an obligation to maintain civility especially if you started of civil, and though i understand you may not like the way i argue my points, we all still shouldn't resort to derailing the subject at hand to childish name calling, no?

2 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Riiight, and did it not occur to you that maybe I was just for a moment there tired of again affording you that basic bit of respect from my end, when you habitually refer to people with a view opposed to your own, like myself, as a ''whiner'' as opposed to someone who is trying to have a constructive discussion about something that has been a hot topic for god knows how many years now..?

Again with the hyperbole, calling someone out for whining in no way equals to calling them a prick, you realise there's a difference right?

3 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

Why not add options for accessories only?

A question no seems to be able to answer with anything other than “Stop being entitled”.

4 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

You actually have more of an obligation to maintain civility especially if you started of civil

I disagree. I wouldn’t continue to be civil to someone who shows no respect to me. But again, thats just my way of doing things. 

5 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

we all still shouldn't resort to derailing the subject at hand to childish name calling, no?

Correct. It helps no one when we start labelling each other as “pricks” or “whiners”.

4 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

Again with the hyperbole, calling someone out for whining in no way equals to calling them a prick, you realise there's a difference right?

We should stop with this stuff before this gets locked. 

Okay this thread passed "off track" and then instead of stopping just kept going. I'm out. 

Let me leave you with this. I am not against DE selling accessories seperately. Why would I be? The more options the better I say. But DE so far has shown no interest in doing so. Since they have sold Prime Vaults for a good while now, and aren't changing things up, we must assume they are happy with the current model. And no one here has a hotline to DE or their business team. 

At the end of the day, no one from DE will ever read this thread because it was posted under General Discussion instead of the feedback section. Hence, all our posts, arguments, erm let's say "passionate" rebuttals, are mostly pointless and wasted. No matter what you end up concluded here, DE will never hear about it, and it won't change a thing. So if the reason for this thread was just to vent some steam, then job done I guess.

If you are so against the current business model, then your only real options are: 1) write an angry email to DE (they'll almost certainly ignore you, unless tens of thousands of people do it) 2) write a similar thread in the proper feedback section (expect it to be closed quickly if it turns out anything like this one) or 3) vote with your wallet and don't buy the prime vaults (again, only if a lot of people actually did this would it affect DE's income and make them reconsider their current model).

That's my last 2 cents. Take 'em or leave 'em.

12 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

As much as I share your sentiment on how annoying it can be to have your opinion belittled to “whining”, it won’t help calling each other names. Lets stop before someone gets a warning point. No one wants that.

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

The simplest answer would be, DE has seen no reason to do so. If there was, I'm sure they would have by now.

That does appear to be what it comes down to. Which kinda surprises me to be honest, I remember this same discussion.. in regards to PV accessory packs like two or three years back, pretty much exactly as it still is now. I really would have thought they'd have done something with such a frequently returning bit of feedback by now.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

We should stop with this stuff before this gets locked. 

I agree and humbly apologise if my tone was offensive to anyone, i do however still stand by my argument, lets continue from here guys, i do feel like we are genuinely raising some valid points, on both ends.

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

But DE so far has shown no interest in doing so.

And thats exact reason why this thread got started. It seems like they’d earn more money from selling the Vaults the same way they sell Prime Access.

4 minutes ago, rune_me said:

we must assume they are happy with the current model.

But if they said they’re looking into placing the stuff in Baro’s stock, doesn’t that mean they’re not. I don’t understand why they’d put in Baro’s stock when they could just make another accessory pack which would sell gangbusters? 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

The simplest answer would be, DE has seen no reason to do so. If there was, I'm sure they would have by now.

You’d think though that they’d make more money splitting in half and having a set price of $35 a piece. So new players by both pack resulting in an increase in profit thanks to the splitting and extra from the grateful veterans/collectors who may have missed out on the cosmestics but have everything else. I don’t know. It would help if DE actually talked about this.

2 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

I agree and humbly apologise if my tone was offensive to anyone, i do however still stand by my argument, lets continue from here guys, i do feel like we are genuinely raising some valid points, on both ends.

My apologies also. If anyone genuinely misintepreted my overall message/tone as snobby then I’m sorry if I came off that way. Thats not what I meant for at all.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

And thats exact reason why this thread got started. It seems like they’d earn more money from selling the Vaults the same way they sell Prime Access.

But that's the point, they need to make their due somehow, as much as we all would like to buy the cosmetics separately, DE clearly don't seem to want to do this, for which i can only assume is a monetary reason, and though i do agree that current system in place isn't perfect, it still, to me at the very least is only in regards to cosmetics, which do not affect or hinder game play whatsoever.

15 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

My apologies also for calling you a prick, a moment of frustration on my part. Uncalled for nevertheless.

Regardless of my views on the current workings of PV, I won't deny I do prefer it over things that affect one's ability to perform in missions. All that good stuff can be farmed for, and ultimately that's even to me the more important part, as I despise P2W.

Anyhow, I don't think I've anything more to add to the topic at this time, I've made my points. No sense repeating them any further.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

So I just skimmed through like ten or so pages of this thread and it looked like everyone's losing their minds about a Jim Sterling Video talking about how it would be a good idea to have separate options for the Prime Vault like they have for the Prime Access because there are folks who already have the primes. Seriously, the thread on the subreddit seemed more civil.

Just now, Hayabusa97 said:

So I just skimmed through like ten or so pages of this thread and it looked like everyone's losing their minds about a Jim Sterling Video talking about how it would be a good idea to have separate options for the Prime Vault like they have for the Prime Access because there are folks who already have the primes. Seriously, the thread on the subreddit seemed more civil.

It got heated, sure, but i still think valid points were made, i like most people here also agree they should be sold separately, but DE clearly do not want to do that for what i can assume is from a monetary stand point, cosmetics being part of the game play however is something i do not agree with, as they simply do not effect the mechanics of the game at all.

3 minutes ago, Hayabusa97 said:

Hahaha, between discussions about the meaning of cosmetics, the Bungie/EA comparison, and the short bout regarding civility, I suppose you have a point, even though I wouldn't know about any subreddits. But yes, that is what the discussion comes down to, PA like options for PV.

That's really all I'd like to see, even if it seems unlikely.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

6 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

Meanwhile each total pack is already cheaper then the accessory packs...

So true, yet people seem to ignore this simple fact.

DE listens to its players 9 out of 10 times and it will get crucified for that one time it sorta didn't. Gotta love this world we live in. LMAO

Edited by Green_Alien

8 minutes ago, Green_Alien said:

So true, yet people seem to ignore this simple fact.

DE listens to its players 9 out of 10 times and it will get crucified for that one time it sorta didn't. Gotta love this world we live in. LMAO

Well.. isn't crucified a bit of an exaggeration? I mean, I'm not holding a pitchfork and torch, shouting for DE's death. Just because DE listens to us 9 out of 10 times, which I agree with. Does not mean that the one time that they don't is beyond any form of criticism.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

Yall are still on this? The accessories are exclusives. Either you paid $50 at the time of PA for accessories ONLY (plus boosters, but that's not what you all are complaining about), or you pay $40 during Vaults and get plat and the whole Prime Access shebang... What I'm hearing is "I don't want discounted accessories if it comes with stuff I don't want, I should get an even BIGGER discount."