Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Nightmare Melee Mods

HAR1MAU

I do agree, but with the electrical damage from Focus Energy being lightyears better than Shocking Touch, and the extra Armor Piercing from Rending Strike only adds to the (amazing) Sundering Strike, i'd say it does fine with slashing builds. They're both on my Hate and i can slash away at most anything and it's dead before it knows it.

Slashing builds suck so no. 

The hell kinda logic is this? Making mods that tailor to that style of gameplay is to make slashing builds NOT SUCK, and they need to not suck because only doing Charge attacks is boring in more ways than one.

Conclusion: Either a troll post or someone didn't think before posting.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I do agree, but with the electrical damage from Focus Energy being lightyears better than Shocking Touch, and the extra Armor Piercing from Rending Strike only adds to the (amazing) Sundering Strike, i'd say it does fine with slashing builds. They're both on my Hate and i can slash away at most anything and it's dead before it knows it.

I half agree. Rendering Strike should give attack speed, not charge damage. Slashing builds would be a ton better off if attack speed was buffed. But you can't "rend" anything if you only hit it once.

absolutely. i use both of those mods on weapons i build around quick attacks, even if i don't use charge attacks often. focus energy is cheaper than shocking touch, and rending strike stacks more AP damage, who can ever get enough of that? :D i mean S#&$, 150% AP on melee? <3

The hell kinda logic is this? Making mods that tailor to that style of gameplay is to make slashing builds NOT SUCK, and they need to not suck because only doing Charge attacks is boring in more ways than one.

just a moron. he's afraid his poor charge attacks won't be the only thing that's viable because then god forbid the game would have choice.

i like charge attacks as much as anyone, but i'm not naive enough to think they should be the only way melee should ever be used.

I half agree. Rendering Strike should give attack speed, not charge damage. Slashing builds would be a ton better off if attack speed was buffed. But you can't "rend" anything if you only hit it once.

hold up, i don't think the answer is to change those two cards as they are... i like them as is, on melee's designed for heavy OR light attacks.

more mods is the answer i think, not changing them :(

but, as always in every game, it boils down to - if a development team makes an addition in one part of the game, everyone screams and cries that they're ignoring everything else in the game. they probably aren't, they just can't develop everything at the same time ;)

more nightmare / normal mods are probably already planned for quick attacks, just not ingame or in public release yet. 

Edited by taiiat