The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Options menu crashes the game

White_Matter

As the title says, I logged in yesterday and I clicked on options and the game crashed. Tried it over and over again the game keeps crashing. I verified and optimized game files to no avail. 

It is not a default warframe crash either, because the crash launcher doesn't come up. 

I can play the game however if I don't click on the options, no problems there.

Yesterday I updated my corsair utility engine, and activated an ICC profile for my monitor. Not sure if those are the culprits but I highly doubt it. 

That's really weird, I don't know how to help you, but I'd suggest waiting for 22.12 before submitting a ticket

You could try deleting C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Warframe\EE.cfg and/or C:\Users\Valerio\AppData\Local\Warframe\Editor.cfg, but you will lose all settings

In the meantime if you really want to change some settings, modify EE.cfg with a text editor of your choice

2 hours ago, PrOF_k said:

That's really weird, I don't know how to help you, but I'd suggest waiting for 22.12 before submitting a ticket

You could try deleting C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Warframe\EE.cfg and/or C:\Users\Valerio\AppData\Local\Warframe\Editor.cfg, but you will lose all settings

In the meantime if you really want to change some settings, modify EE.cfg with a text editor of your choice

Thank you, I'll try that and report back. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, had the same Problem.
About the solution:

Zitat

Guys I solved the problem.

Try the fix suggested above, but also remove the weird named folder along with ee.cfg and editor.cfg

The weird named folder I'm talking about is something like "6B12TF90A2717A271423EF882219"

You dont need to delete the EE.cfg
Just delete the hex-named folders, they contain a binary settings file for some purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ThorNecrovitar said:

Okay. It happened 3 times for me in the last 30 minutes. I've sent a support ticket with the EE log.

Thanks for the EE.log! We're looking over it now. But we were wondering, before you got this crash -- had you previously tried verifying / optimizing your download cache via. the Warframe launcher? If not, could you try that?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This problem started happening on my end too this weekend. Crash after 2-3 seconds in the Options. I've tried verifying and optimizing. Nothing. I tried reinstalling the game, same result.

I made a support ticket and added logs. Hoping this gets solved soon.

Edited by Chestpains

I am having nonstop crashes any time I try to switch party modes or even opening the navigation panel causes it. It started last week and I have been unable to even play the game. 

I also tried deleting those files and it didn't fix my problem

Edited by kingofthesword

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I should write something in the thread about this.

I found that this problem stopped happening some time after I'd removed all games from Nvidia Geforce Experience. I suppose it could be that it was something else, but I can't remember changing anything else on this computer. If you have Nvidia stuff in your rig, maybe consider having a look at that Experience application.

Should also mention that I did try removing those .cfg files, problem kept happening.

September 26 update: Whoops, looks like the Chroma Prime update upset something somewhere in the system. Getting the same crash again.

Edited by Chestpains
RIP Options screen

• 1 month later...

try uninstalling Razer chroma SDK completely by going to add or remove programs in control panel... worked for me... you know its gone when u go into warframe options -> controls and see "Enable Razer Chroma" greyed out.

You only need chroma SDK if u want your peripherals to react to your games and whatnot (who uses that anw)... removing it wont affect your LEDs color nor profiles...

Hope this helps 😕

Edited by Lamitta