The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Chroma will never be tanky again: (UPDATED TO CONTAIN THE BEST BALANCING IDEAS IN THE FIRST POST)

DeadlyCreation

30 minutes ago, Bobman111 said:

Chroma can maintain the current EHP even if surrounded by high level Eximus, Wukong's energy will be drained.

LoL just LOL. Did DE suddenly sneak in a stealth buff for Chroma? Since when was the Dragon able to cast his abilties for free? Does vex armor last forever now with no need to ever recast? The most popular builds for Chroma utilize blind rage which drops his efficiency to abysmal levels. If anything energy drain eximi affect Chroma even more than Wukong, who always builds for high energy efficiency.

Just take the L and walk already m8...

Edited by Dragazer

I think the Changes were good. What they need to do is fix the scaling of the enemies.

I have been able to find a good build and I can keep it up without issue....... Although there might be a bug where sometimes the buff doesn't apply which is weird. I got in a team of 4 chromas and went after the teralyst and we wrecked it so....... I don't get why everyone is saying he is usless.

Considering alot of people are telling me that only Loki is useful now....... silly people

29 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

I choose not to comment on 1 and 4, DE has stated they have plans for a complete overhaul on those abilties, I'll comment once we have an actual idea what their plans are.

LOL which is why I mention Rage which replenishs energy as he gets hit, that mod alone makes him basically unkillable. But seeing your profile again, I suppose you wouldn't have known this since your play time states 0.0% for Wukong (any readers here are free to check this info yourself don't take my word for it)

Your ash comment is irrelevant to this discussion you just ramble on about some players thouughts on his rework.

I bring up Wukong because he is relevant for this discussion on Chroma's tankiness. I am making the argument that Wukong literally just needs 1 mod and press 1 button to never die ever again. If that is a thing, then why should Chroma here have to go through so many hoops, from expensive &#! mods, to expensive arcanes, from taking shield dmg every time, to then have a gutted ability?

Chroma's 1 and 4 has been S#&$ since the very beginning but you never fight for them like his 2 and 3 now. That's not "choose" not to comment on, YOU NEVER CARED ABOUT THEM. The only thing you cared about is your absurd EHP. 

LMAO, "which is why I mention Rage which replenishes energy as he gets hit". You do know that at high level, multiple eximus drains your energy very fast and they are hard to kill. Their aura has radius that can drain you even when they are on upper floor. The energy from rage can not keep up with the drain and damage at high level even a trash mob can kill you when you out out energy. But more importantly, Chroma still maintain his EHP as long as he already casted his skill, Wukong is in trouble when out of energy. 

Like I said in previous comment, READ! I bring out Ash to say that they are used by players with similar mentality. One button to kill all and two buttons to be almost unkillable.

You bring out Wukong not because it's relevant on tankiness. You bring Wukong out to hide your true intention that YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR EHP. "If I wanted absurd amount of ehp, I would have just gone Wukong".  Look guys I did not gone Wukong, all I care is Chroma's 2 and 3 and then put other people who goes against me down, so I can not be the guy who only care about EHP right? RIGHT? 

32 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

LoL just LOL. Did DE suddenly sneak in a stealth buff for Chroma? Since when was the Dragon able to cast his abilties for free? Does vex armor last forever now with no need to ever recast? The most popular builds for Chroma utilize blind rage which drops his efficiency to abysmal levels. If anything energy drain eximi affect Chroma even more than Wukong, who always builds for high energy efficiency.

Just take the L and walk already m8...

I never said Chroma can cast for free.

I never said no need to ever recast.

I said Chroma's "fire and forget", after you cast, it remains for a period of time even if you energy got drained. At that period, you can focus on those eximus without worrying about energy, not the case for Wukong. 

18 minutes ago, Bobman111 said:

Chroma's 1 and 4 has been S#&$ since the very beginning but you never fight for them like his 2 and 3 now. That's not "choose" not to comment on, YOU NEVER CARED ABOUT THEM. The only thing you cared about is your absurd EHP. 

Like I said in previous comment, READ! I bring out Ash to say that they are used by players with similar mentality. One button to kill all and two buttons to be almost unkillable.

You bring out Wukong not because it's relevant on tankiness. You bring Wukong out to hide your true intention that YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR EHP. "If I wanted absurd amount of ehp, I would have just gone Wukong".  Look guys I did not gone Wukong, all I care is Chroma's 2 and 3 and then put other people who goes against me down, so I can not be the guy who only care about EHP right? RIGHT? 

Why? because his 2 and 3 were more than enough covered his short comings. Many frames have only 2 really good abilties and 2 trash tier abilties(Loki comes first in mind). It is not ideal but its better than having no good powers at all. We all know reworks take a long time to complete. All I'm asking for is to keep the old formula (with double/triple dip fixed) for now until DE has the time to do the full extensive rework. 

You can't compare old ash with Chroma, Old Ash was press 4 to win with little player interaction, Chroma on the other hand still needs to take dmg and watch his shields to make sure he gets the full buff, his damage buff goes to weapons, meaning he still must move around to get his kills unlike press 4 all day old ash. You comparing these shows once again how little you actually understand Chroma and how my comment on your hours played stat is shown to be even more relevant.

And yes once again I value ehp the most on a frame that literally has zero other ways to reliably stay alive. No reliably hard cc whatsoever to stay alive, so what are the only other options to survive?

6 minutes ago, Bobman111 said:

I never said Chroma can cast for free.

I never said no need to ever recast.

I said Chroma's "fire and forget", after you cast, it remains for a period of time even if you energy got drained. At that period, you can focus on those eximus without worrying about energy, not the case for Wukong. 

smh it costs 193.75 energy to cast both vex armor and ward with blind rage. You are not just going to fire and forget, when you can't even fire to begin with. yeah you see the problem with that is that the energy they drain from you isn't refunded. So yes you do in fact have to worry about energy as Chroma even more so than Wukong since the popular builds use blind rage, and Wukongs upkeep costs for immortality are low. 

5 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Why? because his 2 and 3 were more than enough covered his short comings. Many frames have only 2 really good abilties and 2 trash tier abilties(Loki comes first in mind). It is not ideal but its better than having no good powers at all. We all know reworks take a long time to complete. All I'm asking for is to keep the old formula (with double/triple dip fixed) for now until DE has the time to do the full extensive rework. 

You can't compare old ash with Chroma, Old Ash was press 4 to win with little player interaction, Chroma on the other hand still needs to take dmg and watch his shields to make sure he gets the full buff, his damage buff goes to weapons, meaning he still must move around to get his kills unlike press 4 all day old ash. You comparing these shows once again how little you actually understand Chroma and how my comment on your hours played stat is shown to be even more relevant.

And yes once again I value ehp the most on a frame that literally has zero other ways to reliably stay alive. No reliably hard cc whatsoever to stay alive, so what are the only other options to survive?

smh it costs 193.75 energy to cast both vex armor and ward with blind rage. You are not just going to fire and forget, when you can't even fire to begin with. yeah you see the problem with that is that the energy they drain from you isn't refunded. So yes you do in fact have to worry about energy as Chroma even more so than Wukong since the popular builds use blind rage, and Wukongs upkeep costs for immortality are low. 

"Why? because his 2 and 3 were more than enough covered his short comings." His short coming is more than just "stay alive". Even before the "nerf", Chroma has serious under-development. What I want is DE give Chroma a full development, to shift Chroma from a "Health Jar", to true develop his other kits, you can not deny Chroma's other aspect is so under developed and has so much potential.

The old formula Chroma can get good amount of EHP even without damaging the shield. The current Chroma is not what used to be (tanking 10 Lv120+ heavy gunners + bombard), but it's enough.

"literally has zero other ways to reliably stay alive." I have seen more fragile frames than current Chroma stay alive at high level.

"No reliably hard cc whatsoever to stay alive", that why I have stressed from the very beginning, truely develop him instead of giving him bandaid more EHP. 

"smh it costs 193.75 energy to cast both vex armor and ward with blind rage. You are not just going to fire and forget, when you can't even fire to begin with." So a frame with that amount of EHP and can deflect bombard rocket should be able to "fire" in all situations regardsless of condition? What I'm saying is, Chroma's EHP can stay for the period of time after casting, you can go to a relatively safe place and pop a pizza for the energy, cast then come back to deal with the Eximus. For Wukong, you have to look out for your energy all the way.

1 minute ago, Bobman111 said:

"Why? because his 2 and 3 were more than enough covered his short comings." His short coming is more than just "stay alive". Even before the "nerf", Chroma has serious under-development. What I want is DE give Chroma a full development, to shift Chroma from a "Health Jar", to true develop his other kits, you can not deny Chroma's other aspect is so under developed and has so much potential.

The old formula Chroma can get good amount of EHP even without damaging the shield. The current Chroma is not what used to be (tanking 10 Lv120+ heavy gunners + bombard), but it's enough.

"literally has zero other ways to reliably stay alive." I have seen more fragile frames than current Chroma stay alive at high level.

"No reliably hard cc whatsoever to stay alive", that why I have stressed from the very beginning, truely develop him instead of giving him bandaid more EHP. 

"smh it costs 193.75 energy to cast both vex armor and ward with blind rage. You are not just going to fire and forget, when you can't even fire to begin with." So a frame with that amount of EHP and can deflect bombard rocket should be able to "fire" in all situations regardsless of condition? What I'm saying is, Chroma's EHP can stay for the period of time after casting, you can go to a relatively safe place and pop a pizza for the energy, cast then come back to deal with the Eximus. For Wukong, you have to look out for your energy all the way.

I am agreeing with you there, if his other abilties were actually properly useful, he would have no need for such high ehp values. But atm as it stands Chroma is now lacking in all departments since his nerf. Yes ideally if possible we could have 1 and 4 reworked to actually be useful and not require chroma to bank on his 2 and 3. But as I stated reworking abilties take time. So for the time being lets temporary revert the formula changes on vex armor so at least Chroma has a leg to stand on b4 his eventual complete overhaul.

I do not understand your second point, damaging shields is the only way to increase his ehp to anything that is remotely valuable. Vex armor increases his armor the more shield dmg he takes. 

Yes, I have repeated many times in numerous posts, those fragile frames in question have hard cc, from disarms, time stops, insane slowing effects, and cloaking abilties to stay alive. In some cases they may even be better than chroma at surviving. (Can't die if you don't even get hit). Chroma has none of those whatsoever to keep alive at high levels, which is why I keep stressing his ehp right now in his current state, it is his only saving grace.

Yeah I understand I am suggesting a bandaid right now, but only because DE is going to take quite a long time to finish his ability overhaul. This bandaid solution is to at least keep him usable until the eventual rework.

I just played Wukong in simulacrum spawned 20 level 145 parasitic Eximi. You don't understand how Defy synergizes with rage so much, by toggling on and off Defy I was able to stand there indefinitely.

You are literally in an infinite loop of health and energy even with 20 eximi on you. Whenever my energy gets low I quickly toggle defy on and off again to reset the healing back to 555. In doing so, that 555 health then gets depleted again to fuel my energy back to near max. I advise you to actually try it out yourself to see, if you honestly thought old vex armor was OP, than a properly build Wukong will blow your mind away. 

2 hours ago, Bobman111 said:

"His 2 and 3 are literally the only thing worth a damn in his kit of course that's going to be the focus." If you TRUELY care about Choma, you'd fight for his other aspects like you are fighting for his 2 and 3 now. But you didn't, because the only thing you care about is the EHP

It is the best it has ever been, because now it benefits your teammates now. It's hard for someone who just want a large EHP and focus on themselves to understand, eh?

Wukong is tied to his energy pool, he's not "fire and forget" like Chroma. Chroma can maintain the current EHP even if surrounded by high level Eximus, Wukong's energy will be drained.  

Ash's story is different but the playerbase is similar. It's the people who just want to have an "easy mode". One button to kill all and two buttons to be almost unkillable. 

Again, you try to discredit me by saying ash story is irrelevant, if so, why do you bring out Wukong mate?

Yeah, I'd fight to change his 1 and 4. After you know, one of his only actual abilities is fixed. Right now basically none of his abilities are worth using with any element, the closest worth to using being fire. Ward synergized with Vex Armor very well and made Ward reasonably worth casting in the first place. The effects of ward are just too small to be worth using alone without vex armor. And as you know Vex Armor is garbage right now.

I'd be fighting for Chroma in general if they actually cared enough about Chroma to change him for the better (kinda like Mag) and not buff him ONLY for his Prime. (Like Oberon, Hydroid, and Zephyr)

I was fighting for his one and four for a while, until I realized nothing will truly happen until his Prime. Watch it, less than nine months later Chroma gets a sudden buff. They don't care about Oberon, Hydroid, or Zephyr and I know, they don't care about Chroma. They left him like that for 3 years. But don't forget Oberon, Hydroid, and Zephyr being left in a terrible state for years.

The entire reason he was nerfed was because of a mathematical error that was left for 3 years, and then they saw eidolons were being oneshot and just broke him even more and not fix the error anyway. Just to later fix him...

11 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

I am agreeing with you there, if his other abilties were actually properly useful, he would have no need for such high ehp values. But atm as it stands Chroma is now lacking in all departments since his nerf. Yes ideally if possible we could have 1 and 4 reworked to actually be useful and not require chroma to bank on his 2 and 3. But as I stated reworking abilties take time. So for the time being lets temporary revert the formula changes on vex armor so at least Chroma has a leg to stand on b4 his eventual complete overhaul.

I do not understand your second point, damaging shields is the only way to increase his ehp to anything that is remotely valuable. Vex armor increases his armor the more shield dmg he takes. 

Yes, I have repeated many times in numerous posts, those fragile frames in question have hard cc, from disarms, time stops, insane slowing effects, and cloaking abilties to stay alive. In some cases they may even be better than chroma at surviving. (Can't die if you don't even get hit). Chroma has none of those whatsoever to keep alive at high levels, which is why I keep stressing his ehp right now in his current state, it is his only saving grace.

Yeah I understand I am suggesting a bandaid right now, but only because DE is going to take quite a long time to finish his ability overhaul. This bandaid solution is to at least keep him usable until the eventual rework.

I just played Wukong in simulacrum spawned 20 level 145 parasitic Eximi. You don't understand how Defy synergizes with rage so much, by toggling on and off Defy I was able to stand there indefinitely.

You are literally in an infinite loop of health and energy even with 20 eximi on you. Whenever my energy gets low I quickly toggle defy on and off again to reset the healing back to 555. In doing so, that 555 health then gets depleted again to fuel my energy back to near max. I advise you to actually try it out yourself to see, if you honestly thought old vex armor was OP, than a properly build Wukong will blow your mind away. 

I agree with you as well, the current state of Chroma, his 2 and 3 is a surviving mechanism rather than a freedom of choice, if you don't use 2 and 3 of him, there's really nothing much of him. You play him exactly the same before and now.

Hopefully DE can make a solution that 2 and 3 is no longer a must while you still have choice to play 2 and 3 style as before.

27 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

Yeah, I'd fight to change his 1 and 4. After you know, one of his only actual abilities is fixed. Right now basically none of his abilities are worth using with any element, the closest worth to using being fire. Ward synergized with Vex Armor very well and made Ward reasonably worth casting in the first place. The effects of ward are just too small to be worth using alone without vex armor. And as you know Vex Armor is garbage right now.

I'd be fighting for Chroma in general if they actually cared enough about Chroma to change him for the better (kinda like Mag) and not buff him ONLY for his Prime. (Like Oberon, Hydroid, and Zephyr)

I was fighting for his one and four for a while, until I realized nothing will truly happen until his Prime. Watch it, less than nine months later Chroma gets a sudden buff. They don't care about Oberon, Hydroid, or Zephyr and I know, they don't care about Chroma. They left him like that for 3 years. But don't forget Oberon, Hydroid, and Zephyr being left in a terrible state for years.

The entire reason he was nerfed was because of a mathematical error that was left for 3 years, and then they saw eidolons were being oneshot and just broke him even more and not fix the error anyway. Just to later fix him...

I actually came up with some silly ideas, like you can ride the effigy like a dragon rider, and the effigy can die for you if you take fatal damage while not riding it.

Edited by Bobman111

1 minute ago, Bobman111 said:

I agree with you as well, the current state of Chroma, his 2 and 3 is a surviving mechanism rather than a freedom of choice, if you don't use 2 and 3 of him, there's really nothing much of him. You play him exactly the same before and now.

Hopefully DE can make a solution that 2 and 3 is no longer a must while you still have choice to play 2 and 3 style as before.

Yes. I want him to have a good CC ability.

Spectral Scream: instead of a damage ability, Chroma lets out a huge scream. Locking enemies in place out of fear. 

Just now, Bobman111 said:

That's actually pretty cool, being a 1 it will have low cost and great usability like Inaros 1.

I'm actually quite glad we could come to a few agreements with our ideas for Chroma. But maybe the effigy could take control of Chroma and fly him around for his fourth? You can't use your weapons but you emit a powerful beam of energy that is effected by (preferably old) Vex Armor. Like spectral scream currently, but with complete freedom and is good

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

I'm actually quite glad we could come to a few agreements with our ideas for Chroma. But maybe the effigy could take control of Chroma and fly him around for his fourth? You can't use your weapons but you emit a powerful beam of energy that is effected by (preferably old) Vex Armor. Like spectral scream currently, but with complete freedom and is good

I'm quite glad too. I feel anything we can come up is better than what we currently have. Spectral scream still needs some buff though.

4 hours ago, xX_Immortal_Xx said:

- Make it refreshable;

- Have Fire and Ice give a flat bonus (as opposed to percentage) to Health and Armor respectively that scales with ability strength;

- I'm not a big fan of how Electrical and Toxin currently work so I'd give them offensively focused abilities, maybe a CC for Electrical and damage over time for Toxin, in keeping with their respective status procs;

- Let the armor bonus from Ward count into the base in the Vex calculation.

Those suggestions sound rather reasonable. The flat buff to armor would actually allow low armor frames to benefit from Chroma's Scorn as well, which is a significant downside of the current buff.

They should definitely also make his 2 and 3 have the same range as well.

The problem that I see is that Chroma needs to mod for a ludicrous amount of things to be an effective buffer: Health, armor, strength, duration, range and without an EV Trin around you'll definitely also need efficiency and/or Rage/Hunter Adrenaline.

If Elemental Ward and Vex Armor will both be refreshable abilities, you could for example say that refreshing the ability costs only half the energy of casting it new does and maybe also make both buffs only cost 50 energy at base. Vex Armor costing 75 at base is just a remnant of the outdated system of abilities costing 25/50/75/100 energy in my opinion.

Spectral scream isn't exactly a great ability as is, but with increased area of effect it probably could function as a decent proc ability. Ice scream could freeze enemies completely, electric could cause constant chain-lightning effects to deal decent damage across tight groups of enemies, toxin could deal significant damage via stacking procs and fire... well, no idea what to do with fire that the other three wouldn't do already, honestly.

Regarding Effigy... I think it could work better if it was actually a mobile ally that could follow you around instead of being stationary. I think the energy drain is also rather ludicrous for what it is as well.

Also, let's give Chroma a new passive that actually does something during missions and is quite dragon themed like and Immunity/high resistance to the chosen element, which is rather typical for most dragons, or the ability to heal a bit whenever he picks up credits to reflect draconic greed, which would also give some synergy with his Effigy ability and therefore give us more reason to use it.

Anyway, those are my two cents on the whole debacle.

On 2/10/2018 at 8:16 AM, DeadlyCreation said:

everyone feels different about the DMG nerf - BUT the one thing everyone agrees on is the armor nerf. Chroma was one of the best tanks in the game but now he is a feather in the wind.

Obviously everyone wants the tankyness back. It is the essential part of chroma that makes him so good.

BUT it will most likely not return and the reason for that is the change to an aura.

DE cant give us back the old tankyness as long as Chroma buffs the whole team... because... well every frame would become a undestructable chroma.

So as long DE is keeping Vex Armor an aura chroma will stay exactly the same.

He is a worse tank than rhino and even the buff is only on par. so literally no reason to run Chroma.

What do you think: should Chromas Vex Armor only share the DMG buff? should a small percentage of the armor buff be shared with teammates (so chroma stays the main tank)? would you remove the whole aura thing all at once?

Personally I don't think Vex Armor should share anything. Chroma was not a support and should not be made into one. Like you said we already have Rhino for that and isn't that the type of gameplay DE are trying to get away from anyway? The Hydrons and Beres with Buff Rhinos and EV Trinitys just sitting there supporting a basically afk resonating quake Banshee for affinity? So now we have Chroma, the Poe Rhino, standing behind a Volt shield with Trinity and Harrow, some say still one shotting the Teralyst. If the problem with Eidelons is them being one shot then guess what could have been an easy fix, a damage cap. Its not like it hasn't been used before. I really don't see why Chroma's identity needed to be taken away and Vex Armor made into a buffer.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb xX_Immortal_Xx:

Good grief, all this exaggeration! 

No, Vex isn't useless. It's just a good (as opposed to insane pre-patch) ability on a frame with a lackluster kit. Chroma's Vex damage buff is still one of if not the best weapon damage buffs in the game. I will admit that Rhino's Roar has better mechanics and can be more effective in certain situations and it should be discussed whether Vex's mechanics need to change and whether the base buff needs to be bumped up a bit to give Chroma's buff its own well defined niche but that's another matter entirely.

It should also be pointed out that most Chroma pre-patch configs were religiously optimized for power strength and duration at the expense of range and efficiency. With Chroma apparently moving towards a team buffing/utlility role in combination with a reduced version of his tank/dps role, a drastic change in configs should be taken into account when calculating his buffs and deciding on further changes to his kit. In order for his team buffs to work effectively he will most likely lose quite a bit of ability strength (replacing Narrow Minded with Overextended for instance) and this is without taking into account the additional energy consumption needed for upkeep, as well as potentially needing more efficiency. Chroma shouldn't need 300%+ ability strength to do what Rhino can do with ~200%. 

I think the main (and only worthwhile) argument to make here is that we went from a frame with 2 useless, 1 useful and 1 OP ability to a frame with 2 useless, 1 barely useful (Fire is actually a lot better than Ice now) and one good ability. Vex was pulled back from the nutty numbers it was outputting and changed somewhat but we got very little value back in the rest of Chroma's kit. Having an ability do what Vex used to to is just stupid, but reining that in while doing precious little else has shrunk Chroma's already small niche to almost nothing. No, Spectral Scream is still not anywhere near useful, the changes just took it from awful to bad.

His overall kit and place in the game is the big issue here, not whether Vex is overpowered or underpowered. I fully endorse bringing Vex in line with other warframe abilities IF his kit becomes more well rounded and he becomes more than just this one trick, "do more damage, take less damage", pony.

In keeping with this point, I'd actually propose some (unfinished) changes to Elemental Ward to bring it more in line with the way Vex works whie preserving its previous synergy with Vex:

- Make it refreshable;

- Have Fire and Ice give a flat bonus (as opposed to percentage) to Health and Armor respectively that scales with ability strength;

- I'm not a big fan of how Electrical and Toxin currently work so I'd give them offensively focused abilities, maybe a CC for Electrical and damage over time for Toxin, in keeping with their respective status procs;

- Let the armor bonus from Ward count into the base in the Vex calculation.

Making Ward refreshable decreases Chroma's reliance on Narrow Minded and thus opens him up to building for some range which is absolutely necessary if he's going to buff based off ability range. It also allows Chroma to become a budget healer with Fire, make allies tankier regardless of their base armor with Ice, or give some offensive utility via the other two elements, all while still buffing team damage in his aura.

overall great ideas. but eg replacing narrow minded eith overextended.

1. having lower duration means you have to recast more often which is quite expensive in chromas case. 

2. overextended ruins chromas buff even more. when u put max powerstrength in chroma he achieves similar results as rhino (maybe a little bit better). but as soon as you start running overextended his buff becomes worse. and thats not even taking in account that teammates have to stay next to chroma which makes it even more horrible in a game where movement is key

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Bobman111:

i dont get why its bad that chroma had alot of ehp? i mean he is a hard to aquire late game frame. let him be tanky. atm he is worse than rhino. one of the earliest frames in game.

my suggestion:

bring back the old formula but make the buff split with teammates. so if all teammates are in reach every body is getting a fourth of the buff.

as a result the team would get similar results to what its now but chroma can still handle stuff if going alone.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Fifilona:

Personally I don't think Vex Armor should share anything. Chroma was not a support and should not be made into one. Like you said we already have Rhino for that and isn't that the type of gameplay DE are trying to get away from anyway? The Hydrons and Beres with Buff Rhinos and EV Trinitys just sitting there supporting a basically afk resonating quake Banshee for affinity? So now we have Chroma, the Poe Rhino, standing behind a Volt shield with Trinity and Harrow, some say still one shotting the Teralyst. If the problem with Eidelons is them being one shot then guess what could have been an easy fix, a damage cap. Its not like it hasn't been used before. I really don't see why Chroma's identity needed to be taken away and Vex Armor made into a buffer.

my suggestion for DE is to make effigy the buffing ability (if they need one) and leave vex armor like the original.

my idea would be that effigy can be castet like garas shattered glass. you aim at a teammate and chromas skin covers them now. giving them the buff (or maybe a small percentage) of vex armor. that way you can buff a teammates with something that really saves there as and on top they can move arround freely

vor 29 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Semyazza1985:

I am greedy. With my 34% ability range, how close you have to stand by to be affected by ? 

i thinks its something like 4 m. atm i am running 100 range. but 18m is still crap in a game where movement is key. and if i want to play overextended chromas buff gets literally so bad that noone would even care about it.  etter take rhino. gives the same buff and teammates can move freely