Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Lures are body blocking movement and weapons, making eidolon fights terrible for 1 person

IceFire909

First off, THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE LURES TELEPORT. It was a while since it was mentioned in the other patch but you finally got it working!

Now for the issue they still present.

The Eidolon Lures new models look neat, but they're worse than the old models. Before you could somewhat easily jump between them, they wouldn't dogpile you so badly and you could shoot between them to some degree. You're doing all these changes to warframes that make the game unfun for squad members, but you leave this issue in that causes it to be unfun for the healer of the squad (let's be real, who else is gonna look after all the lures)

I don't know what it is with these new lures but they crowd around you, sit slightly above you and body block you. The eidolon is doing its knockback stomp attack? Good luck to whoever is holding the lures, they're either going to get stuck and not get knocked back, or sent flying with no hope of avoiding it. I've tried to quickly move out from under their oppression to no avail. Hell they manage to block rolling. And then to make matters worse they clump in front of you blocking all your shots 100% regardless of punchthrough.

Got an opticor that can plow through 20 grineer? "Screw you I'm a lure and you cant shoot through me!"

please make the lures float like 5 metres behind you on the opposite side of the eidolons. Or just make their hitboxes a lot smaller after they get hacked so we can shoot and move through them . the enemy has perfect aim anyway so its not like it'll be harder for them to get killed.

Right now they're like bins filled with water who's only goal is to get you killed. Is this some sort of grineer anti-hacking subroutine to get back at us or something? I dunno

Edited by NovusNova
Edited Title

Operator Void-dashing can work around this, but I agree. From my experience with these new lures, they need at least a 7.5 meter distance from you, and should always stay to the left or right of you so you don't get visually obstructed. In the worst case, standing atop areas lures cannot climb, if there are any, also helps.

If they're following you, they need to be locked on an invisible rail X meters behind you, at all times, out of sight. Unable to deviate from that position unless you tell them to hold still. 

Similarly, Defection missions -- given the AI pathing bugs -- really need to use an identical tileset at all times, and have the defectors run along a hardcoded rail from point A to point B and so forth. It's pretty clear that nothing should be left up to NPC AI, because it's not smart enough to find it's own feet with two hands and a map. 

Yeah, this is so annoying for me even in a squad.

I cannot see, move, or fight back with lures crowding around me, they won't even let me jump up to avoid the stomp move.  It was bad before when they only followed the warframe but now they seem determined to body block all the attacks from my Operator as well.