Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing connection during every mission

(XBOX)NEIHOWKAILAWN

If you are in the Xbox Insider - Skip Ahead Alpha Ring, that is most likely your issue.
Being in the current build of the Skip Ahead ring will cause your screen to go black and the mission to disconnect you back to your ship with an error message, every. single. match. That was my issue and I have confirmed as much with multiple other Warframe friends who were experiencing the same issue but are now back to playing again. As am I.

To fix this and get back to playing Warframe again, you need to do the following:
1. Go to the Xbox Insider Hub App
2. Go to "Insider Content" (the middle option of the left menu in the app)
3. Go to "Xbox One Update Preview", under System, on the right.
4. Go to "Manage" (the option above Rate this content)
5. You will see a list of groups. There should currently be a white dot to the left of "Alpha Skip-Ahead".
6. Select the option/empty circle directly beneath the Skip-Ahead group at the top, for the regular "Preview Alpha" group.
7. Confirm/Select "Done" on the left side of the screen.
8. You will now see where it says "Pending" under Rate this content on the right.
9. Close the Insider Hub App and re-open, navigating back to the Xbox One Update Preview screen with the Manage option.
10. Confirm it no longer says "Pending" and you are successfully enrolled back into the regular "Preview Alpha" group/ring.
11. Press the Xbox Guide button. (the glowing button in middle of your controller)
12. Scroll right in the Guide to the icon that looks like a Gear and select "Settings".
13. You are now in the settings screen. Scroll down to "System" and select the Updates option.
14. You will see two boxes on the left. One will say Latest console update status and directly above it should say Update Available.
15. Select the option to update your console. This will factory reset your console and revert you back to the regular Alpha update.
16. Go through the update and initial setup process, making sure to select to restore all your previous settings from the cloud.
17. All your games should still be there/installed under My Games & Apps. Go there, select Warframe and you're back in action!

NOTE: If the update screen currently says "No console update available", then you may need to hard reset/power cycle your console by holding the power button for 30-40 seconds. Once you let go of the power button, give it a good 20 count and then power back on the console, checking the update screen again.

Edited by (XB1)PRaDiUSxUCM
Fixed.

2 hours ago, (XB1)PRaDiUSxUCM said:

If you are in the Xbox Insider - Skip Ahead Alpha Ring, that is 100% your issue.
Being in the current build of the Skip Ahead ring will cause your screen to go black and the mission to disconnect you back to your ship with an error message, every. single. match. That was my issue and I have confirmed as much with multiple other Warframe friends who were experiencing the same issue but are now back to playing again. As am I.

To fix this and get back to playing Warframe again, you need to do the following:
1. Go to the Xbox Insider Hub App
2. Go to "Insider Content" (the middle option of the left menu in the app)
3. Go to "Xbox One Update Preview", under System, on the right.
4. Go to "Manage" (the option above Rate this content)
5. You will see a list of groups. There should currently be a white dot to the left of "Alpha Skip-Ahead".
6. Select the option/empty circle directly beneath the Skip-Ahead group at the top, for the regular "Preview Alpha" group.
7. Confirm/Select "Done" on the left side of the screen.
8. You will now see where it says "Pending" under Rate this content on the right.
9. Close the Insider Hub App and re-open, navigating back to the Xbox One Update Preview screen with the Manage option.
10. Confirm it no longer says "Pending" and you are successfully enrolled back into the regular "Preview Alpha" group/ring.
11. Press the Xbox Guide button. (the glowing button in middle of your controller)
12. Scroll right in the Guide to the icon that looks like a Gear and select "Settings".
13. You are now in the settings screen. Scroll down to "System" and select the Updates option.
14. You will see two boxes on the left. One will say Latest console update status and directly above it should say Update Available.
15. Select the option to update your console. This will factory reset your console and revert you back to the regular Alpha update.
16. Go through the update and initial setup process, making sure to select to restore all your previous settings from the cloud.
17. All your games should still be there/installed under My Games & Apps. Go there, select Warframe and you're back in action!

NOTE: If the update screen currently says "No console update available", then you may need to hard reset/power cycle your console by holding the power button for 30-40 seconds. Once you let go of the power button, give it a good 20 count and then power back on the console, checking the update screen again.

I’m not in the skip ahead alpha and I’m getting disconnected. I also use Sky Q and I don’t have any older hubs. 

Edited by (XB1)The Maniac King

Dont know how to reply to someone's post... the alpha skip ahead isnt the reason I already tried removing my alpha when it got annoying last week and nothing changed. Still getting kicked from almost every mission. Sometimes I've been successful in finishing missions with 3 friends and solo 1 out 20 times. It's not the alpha skip ahead.

22 hours ago, (XB1)WinierSage70721 said:

Hey guys, 

i finally fricking fixed it!!!!!!!! I tried disabling my ipv6 as I thought that was the problem but it didn’t fix it. I’m rolling with the sky q hub as well as a few others here, and I didn’t know that it automatically turns on sky shield (I didn’t even know sky shield existed if I’m honest), turn it of that’s the problem, i no longer disconnect every half an hour, it’s completely fixed it!! I could’ve cried with joy when I discovered it, no more lost loot 😭 Dunno what it is with the shield that causes it, but if your using sky q or any sky device then you probably have the shield switched on as it automatically enables itself. Hope this helps guys, so yeah don’t ditch your sky q hubs just yet they are better than the older routers so try the shield thing before you try another sky router, good luck guys 🙂 

Happy to hear another Q router connecting again without issues. Disabling the shield didn't help for me. I always had the shield enabled without issue. It's good info though. I'm still waiting to hear back from Sky. I'll post here when I do. Fortunately I had my old router to fall back on.

19 hours ago, (XB1)The Maniac King said:

I’m not in the skip ahead alpha and I’m getting disconnected. I also use Sky Q and I don’t have any older hubs. 

My post was only for people who are in the Alpha Preview Ring. Others with Sky Q routers are experiencing a separate, but similar, issue.

18 hours ago, (XB1)OHNO Its Johnny said:

Dont know how to reply to someone's post... the alpha skip ahead isnt the reason I already tried removing my alpha when it got annoying last week and nothing changed. Still getting kicked from almost every mission. Sometimes I've been successful in finishing missions with 3 friends and solo 1 out 20 times. It's not the alpha skip ahead.

Actually, it is the Alpha Skip Ahead Ring for TONS of people. I know over 30 people who have already fixed the issue by leaving the alpha ring and backing up to the previous update with a factory reset on the console.

Ok sky hub users....I've just done my first 30+mins mission...

I signed into sky hub

Advance

LAN IP

Turned off ivp6 on LAN side 

Saved settings and it'll reset your box 

Not sure if this had anything to do with it I also stopped Xbox auto updates 

Will test more tomorrow and let you know the out come fingers crossed 

i've got this very same issue. (i think i also have a Sky Q box, not sure for certain but it is a Sky box) this only started happening for me AFTER the release of The Sacrifice so fairly recently for me, before then i've had zero issues with the game other than the occasionally rare random disconnect but now, like most of you, i'm getting them every half an hour, and i disconnect from EVERYTHING except my ship, missions, relays, cetus, dojo, EVERYTHING. weirdly i stopped disconnecting in that period they did the chat maintenance the other day but then the very second they turned it back on i disconnected, leading me to theorise (with new information from reading this forum) that it's some problem with the chat servers interacting with the Sky routers. don't know why as like i said it only started happening for me after Sacrifice, even if i turn of Region, Recruiting and Trading chat and play Solo i still disconnect. i've spent a lot of time (heading for 900 day log in) and a fair bit of money on this game so i'm really hoping this gets fixed.

Edited by (XB1)Revan Reborn 1

Right after the sacrifice update it happened to me as well. I was using my daughters Xbox and was working fine til today now it does the same thing. Plus I have affinity and credit booster. Will I get that refunded or something? I summited a ticket, so far nothing. I can't even do anything solo. Has anyone found a solution?

Edited by (XB1)FrInGeFrEaK

18 hours ago, (XB1)ART PINKY said:

Ok sky hub users....I've just done my first 30+mins mission...

I signed into sky hub

Advance

LAN IP

Turned off ivp6 on LAN side 

Saved settings and it'll reset your box 

Not sure if this had anything to do with it I also stopped Xbox auto updates 

Will test more tomorrow and let you know the out come fingers crossed 

I done the exact same thing and it seems to be that having IPv6 turned on LAN side is the issue as I played three hours of Warframe without having any network connection errors doing survivals to 20 minutes and defense missions going up to 20-25 rounds.

From what I'm guessing it's either on Sky's side with newer Sky Hubs having problems trying to connect to Warframe after played for longer than 30 mins when using IPv6 or It's possible that IPv6 is mucked up on the newer Sky Hubs or it's to do with Xbox preview updates that's possibly creating network problems when players are in either Skip Ahead Alpha Ring or in Preview Alpha but I don't think it is that as I'm in Preview Beta when these issues started.

Also can someone check if these problems are occurring on PC and PS4 if you got Sky and have the newer Hubs because if people can play Warframe on PC and PS4 with no network issues whatsoever then It has to be something to do with the Xbox if not then it there is something to do with the newer Sky Hubs not working with Warframe with IPv6.

I don't have a sky router, I have an ASUS router running "Merlin" custom firmware.  I'm on Comcast and have been playing warframe daily for 3 years, 2 on this setup, without issue until 7/12/18.  I checked my Xbox and it said I received an alpha ring update 2AM 7/12/18.  I have yet to take any action to correct this problem.  Also my boosters are wasting away. 

On 2018-07-12 at 4:22 PM, (XB1)PRaDiUSxUCM said:

Actually, it is the Alpha Skip Ahead Ring for TONS of people. I know over 30 people who have already fixed the issue by leaving the alpha ring and backing up to the previous update with a factory reset on the console.

I'd say everyone should report it on Xbox and maybe it'll become more priority if it gets enough reports.

I think it has a lot to do with the Onex, sky q hub and ipv6 and possibly the Xbox insider update programs. 

I have dropped out of the updates and turned off the ipv6 in the q hub and have managed 2 days of uninterrupted game play after possibly 4-5 weeks of frustration.... 

No-one and I mean no-one has helped properly with this issue not DE, not Microsoft and not sky...it's only us gamers that have helped here so hat's off to all you who have posted positive help and advice in this thread, 

It might get noticed if this thread remains active and at the top of the boards for all other players with this issue. 

Once again thank you all those who have posted advice 

I'm running into the same problem on xbox one after this last update every mission i go into it kick me within 30 seconds in game I get booted out from loss of connection to network. Before this update was running smooth. Every other game I play  no problems at all. Open NAT type, reset router,  still every other game get booted out I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.