Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vitality And Redirection

Lucilius

Question

21 answers to this question

Use both.

I do use both.

But am trying the "maxed-out on shield recharging play" for now. Hence, last night I did away with my Vitality mod and upgraded my Redirection mod. Still trying the feel of it.

I don't know if its the best mod setup for an Excal though. Probably for a Rhino...

Edited by Lucilius

Personally, I never use Vitality, always redirection. The problem starts when i get the energy drain type on Nightmare mode... which is awfully frequent.

My logic behind it is that shields always recharge on their own, hp does not. By the time my shields are low, usually the mobs on the area are dead, so it recharges on my way for the next room. However, most of my WarFrames are fast and squishy, who barely have some armor. The only 'tanky' WarFrame I have is Saryn, so Vitality and the armor mod (forgot the name) might come in handy for the more tank WarFrames... also if you like to go head first with the toxics....

Edited by HellEnforcer

Redirection as a must, Vitality can only be skipped for REALLY important stuff. I guess I skip it at Vauban at the moment, but on Trinity, Ash, Rhino and Frost, I constantly use it. VItality alos makes your Rage Mod more useful for your casters.

I normally use both.

Yes, shields regenerate, but armor does not apply to them and there are attacks and situations that can bypass sheilds, so I rarely go without Vitality.

The exception to this is Ember, where I don't use either redirection or vitality, I just stock up on all "caster" mods. Overheat gives me all the protection I need, and ~500 energy with maxed Energy Siphon and maxed Streamline means I can normally use it as often as desired.

I rarely slot Fast Deflection or Steel Fiber. Vitality is more useful than Steel Fiber and only rarely do I have room, or use, for both. Likewise most of my frames don't have room for a shield recharge mod, but the one that does has a -- polarization for Fortitude.

It depends on the frame. On my two most used frames, Nyx and Rhino, I use a different setup for each. Nyx just gets Redirect, Rhino gets both. If a frame gets more from some other mod, I'll put it in over vitality, and Nyx certainly benefits more from mods that make Chaos better than she does from some extra HP. I'll pretty much always use Redirect, though.

I only ever use redirection. Considering I'm using Nyx 90% of the time, if there's any significant threat that manages to damage me at all then it shows I've already messed up badly and the extra health wouldn't be doing much to save me. I could switch out absorb for vitality if I really wanted I suppose, but I don't consider it worth the forma, and I'm living in hope for the day they actual make the damn thing worthwhile as anything other than an emergency bullet sponge for the pod. 

Personally, I never use Vitality, always redirection. The problem starts when i get the energy drain type on Nightmare mode... which is awfully frequent.

My logic behind it is that shields always recharge on their own, hp does not. By the time my shields are low, usually the mobs on the area are dead, so it recharges on my way for the next room. However, most of my WarFrames are fast and squishy, who barely have some armor. The only 'tanky' WarFrame I have is Saryn, so Vitality and the armor mod (forgot the name) might come in handy for the more tank WarFrames... also if you like to go head first with the toxics....

I think the same way.

Shields recharge fairly quickly, and more often than not, if they went down it is your own fault.

So I seldom use vitality. In fact, I'm almost always not using it, unless I happen to play nightmare.

It depends on each warframe, example: would u use Vit and not shield mod with Ember??? or... Shield but not vit with Saryn ? just look the warframe stats to see which one is more usefull for who... also armor mod only works on rhino, frost and saryn any other frame is a waste of mod slot

Sorry, I meant to say Fast Deflection and not Redirection.

But due to the many respondents who prefer Redirection over Vitality, I'll be upgrading my Redirection later on.

Dang, so it means that I wasted some serious fusion on Fast Deflection.

Any here who totally fully and completely maxed out their Redirection mod?

Edited by Lucilius

Sorry, I meant to say Fast Deflection and not Redirection.

But due to the many respondents who prefer Redirection over Vitality, I'll be upgrading my Redirection later on.

Dang, so it means that I wasted some serious fusion on Fast Deflection.

Any here who totally fully and completely maxed out their Redirection mod?

I seldom use fast deflection, tbh. The increased recovery speed doesn't mean much, as, like we said, your shields go so high you won't need to regen them mid-combat, thus making it (kind of) pointless. By moving from combat to combat, your shields recharge fast enough to make it less useful.

Depends what frame/missions you're doing but generally speaking Redirection is more important due to the fact shields recharge and health doesn't. In the case of Nightmare missions you'll want Vitality up more over Redirection because its quite common for you to get the no shields handicap. Some missions you don't need either.