Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2/16/2018 Patch Causes a Game Crash

Paladin_MK3

6 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi everyone, we are aware of the recent increase in crashes that some players have been experiencing and we are currently in the process of tracking down the culprit. Unfortunately we do not yet have an ETA on a fix but we hope to have one in a timely manner. 

Thanks for letting us know.

Good to know that you are aware of the issue, this thread is duplicity of this one (or vice versa): 

there is growing number of affected players, hope you find the root cause soon. Seems to be somehow related to hosting the mission, rather than joining existing session and having AMD Ryzen processor. Can't really tell what is the connection between the two though. 

Edited by Tuxir

12 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi everyone, we are aware of the recent increase in crashes that some players have been experiencing and we are currently in the process of tracking down the culprit. Unfortunately we do not yet have an ETA on a fix but we hope to have one in a timely manner. 

Just look in the hotfix from firday. I mean i dont want to sound like im renting but this patch was the same as the christmas patch. A bug thats causes so much problems in playing and you guys left us on read. 

I hope this'll get fixed soon. And i dont mean DE Soon i mean really soon. :D

Likewise, i thought i had fixed the issue by disabling my overclocks on CPU and GPU because i was able to play in a closed session with one friend for a few hours last night with no issues. But today, attempting to farm a frame in public, i get a crash. Yesterday when it was most prominent, every time i tried to do a mission with the same friend it would crash and he would get booted from the game as a result.
Ryzen 5 1600
16GB 3200Mhz
MSI X370 Carbon
Gigabyte 1060 6GB
Win10

22 hours ago, DrDressler said:

I have crashes as well since a few days. Especially during Archwing Stages.

Ryzen 5 1600

MSI B350 PC Mate Board

8 gb DDR 4

Power Color RX480 Red Devil

No overclocking whatsoever.

Interesting, also getting crashes on a RX480 (with an intel CPU)  when loading or ending missions.

(I thought it was because I'd got a new monitor and am now using freesync, but...)

Edited by DawnFalcon

(I've seen the post that DE is aware, just adding my voice)

I've been getting crashes with the recent update too, when I've never had them before. Twice on plains, once on Cetus, and once during a Jordas raid. The difference is I use an AMD Radeon, Intel CPU, and a 64-bit Windows 7.

Hey guys, so I *think* we "fixed" it. I put fixed in quotation marks as to be completely honest, still not sure what the issue was exactly. I spent past 2 days staring at various crash dumps and they didn't do too much sense to me. Seemed like some kind of a very violent stack corruption, but even then it wasn't very logical (values in memory/registers didn't 'fit'). We went through all the changes between the last 2 builds and could not find a culprit either. My only theory was the linker/compiler generated some subtle error somewhere and as much as I don't like it because it seems handwavy, I was out of rational explanations and in the words of Sherlock Holmes "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth". That particular crash seemed to be limited to Ryzen CPUs, so whatever the faulty code was doing, it didn't seem to matter for Intels. In any case, as of  2018.02.21.13.07, this particular crash should be gone. If you're still having issues, please post a WAR number here.

2 minutes ago, maciejs said:

Hey guys, so I *think* we "fixed" it. I put fixed in quotation marks as to be completely honest, still not sure what the issue was exactly. I spent past 2 days staring at various crash dumps and they didn't do too much sense to me. Seemed like some kind of a very violent stack corruption, but even then it wasn't very logical (values in memory/registers didn't 'fit'). We went through all the changes between the last 2 builds and could not find a culprit either. My only theory was the linker/compiler generated some subtle error somewhere and as much as I don't like it because it seems handwavy, I was out of rational explanations and in the words of Sherlock Holmes "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth". That particular crash seemed to be limited to Ryzen CPUs, so whatever the faulty code was doing, it didn't seem to matter for Intels. In any case, as of  2018.02.21.13.07, this particular crash should be gone. If you're still having issues, please post a WAR number here.

Thanks for the quick turn around, I'll test it as soon as the gods see fit to make me host.

1 hour ago, maciejs said:

Thanks for the update and "fix" lol. I've been running public maps for the Razorback Alert and I haven't experienced any crashes since your post.

@maciejs I can confirm that I have the same issue as well and on different chip-set than the rest of our fellow players have and has been happening on my rig for about a week. I also took steps to troubleshoot like others have here regarding the same issue.

Tonight I did get a crash when exiting the game temporarily am still testing but I do have a "WAR-1654567" in case for the Staff/Devs here so that they can review.

Current hardware being used:

AMD A10-7850k

XFX RX480 4GB

AMD Radeon Software Version 17.7 and 18.2.1 tested and had same results

8GB System Memory

Will update further if game crashes with new WAR#.

I (EDIT:) WAS also getting random crashes. I been had one whilst standing in my empty dojo. 

Ryzen 1600

32gb 3200hmz

m.2 samsung

windows10 64bit

GTX1080

i have even reinstalled another non-steam version of the game, and this crashes too.

EDIT: Seems to be ok when I played this morning. No more crashes hopefully.

Edited by Groogan
More info added