Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova requires an update

Katoenplukker

4 hours ago, Xylyssa said:

What bonehead thinks Nova needs to be changed? She is one of the only older frames who has held up fantastically.

Actually, as a discussion point, there are some things that could be improved about Nova.

For example, her Null Star has damage reduction, but that's stripped off slowly by enemies approaching, and all we get in compensation for that stripped defense is a limited amount of damage per orb.

Now, if each orb had a guaranteed mechanical effect, like a fixed duration stun, status or knock-down effect, this would be something that was useful at any level, rather than running out of damage at around level 30.

AMD seems to be getting changed anyway, having a better damage multiplier on the charge-up, so that it takes less time to get it to max.

Wormhole could use a little synergy too, by letting the AMD orb pass through it, for one thought. That would counter a lot of the 'oh, but the cast is slow' comments because you could direct the Wormhole to the location you needed the Orb, cast, charge and then send AMD through it. The balance to that, of course, is that Wormhole only has 4 charges, so if AMD counted as using a charge then you wouldn't be able to consistently spam from a place of safety without re-casting Wormhole every four shots.

There are suggestions that could be taken on board ^^

But the original post up there? A little on the 'wtf' side.

On 2018-02-21 at 5:48 PM, Katoenplukker said:

Back in the day, when Nova got its release it was a powerhouse. No worries, its molecular prime got the nerf it deserved. There is no doubt that Nova is on the list of Warframes that will soon need its update. I think Nova can be a lot more fun. Therefor I'd like to make some suggestions.

Null star: what's the idea behind this ability? I know how it works and what the effect is, but honestly the damage output is very low.
My suggestion is to let the Null Star do 10x its damage on enemies affected by Molecular Prime and causing an explosion on impact, similar to the detonation of Molecular Prime. However, this will not remove the volatile antimatter from the molecular prime debuff.

Antimatter drop: Send to button 3 at 75 energy. No more than one antimatter drop at the time. Increase the flight speed by 300%. Holding the Antimatter Drop skill button will stop the orb from moving. On release it regains normal speed.

Worm Hole: Send to button 2 at 30 energy. Worm Hole needs a complete overhaul since the travel distance isn't really that great and there is more potention to this skill!
My suggestion is to make the Worm Hole a Worm HOLE: Not rectangular, but rounded. Similar to the Portal Gun (Portal franchise), passing through one side will let you come out the other way and back. No timer, so the wormhole runs out when recast on a different location. Here's the fun part: players can shoot through the wormhole and the bullets will end up on the other side!

Molecular Prime: Faster expanding field (Affected by range). After 5 seconds the volatile antimatter will auto-explode. (affected by duration). Duration should no longer determine the range of the expanding field. The rest of of the ability should remain unchanged.

Let me know what you think!

I think you should learn whatever a frame does before asking a rework.

For what you typed I would downvote you to hell if I had the chance

On 2018-05-25 at 6:36 AM, (PS4)Radehx said:

Her portals have decent range. I get 72m out of 145 power strength which is good enough for most cases. Just build for max range if you're whisp hunting or something.

Uh... wot.

On 2018-05-25 at 6:36 AM, (PS4)Radehx said:

Her antimatter drop does INSANE damage and with the augment, makes you 100% invulnerable to damage. Both damage and a 100% tank in a single ability...why on earth would you want to change that and make it weaker??

What drug are you on to make you think Antimatter Absorb makes Nova invincible? No, that's just straight up false.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Uh... wot.

What drug are you on to make you think Antimatter Absorb makes Nova invincible? No, that's just straight up false.

Antimatter Absorb blocks all bullets and makes Nova invulnerable....try it. So no, it isn't false. 

Not sure what your issue is with the first comment. I run at 145 strength most of the time getting 72m...but if you want to hunt whisps, going with a max range setup makes more sense.

In short...what drug are YOU smoking? Maybe better if you read before posting 😉

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Antimatter Absorb blocks all bullets and makes Nova invulnerable....try it. So no, it isn't false. 

Not true. Especially if you are surrounded or the AD is too far from you. I've used it to block a lot of shots, so I know how it works. With a Speedva build, which is High Range too. It also doesn't block bullets if you are between the AD and the bullet.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Not sure what your issue is with the first comment. I run at 145 strength most of the time getting 72m...but if you want to hunt whisps, going with a max range setup makes more sense.

Pretty sure Artprince read your comment as "145 strength gives Nova's Wormhole a 72 meter range". Aka he thought you were implying power strength increased wormhole range, which is of course false.

Granted, your grammar there was pretty messed up and a lot of words that should be there are not, because you didn't mention that 145 strength gives you enough mod space to mod for 72 meters range on Wormhole.

8 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Not true. Especially if you are surrounded or the AD is too far from you. I've used it to block a lot of shots, so I know how it works. With a Speedva build, which is High Range too. It also doesn't block bullets if you are between the AD and the bullet.

Pretty sure Artprince read your comment as "145 strength gives Nova's Wormhole a 72 meter range". Aka he thought you were implying power strength increased wormhole range, which is of course false.

Granted, your grammar there was pretty messed up and a lot of words that should be there are not, because you didn't mention that 145 strength gives you enough mod space to mod for 72 meters range on Wormhole.

It blocks it very reliably as long as you stay inside the bubble. Obviously if you're outside the bubble, it won't block everything. If you run inside the bubble, you are safe. I can't remember ever getting hit inside the bubble, and I run her a ton in MOT. It's what makes her viable there in the first place.

It also makes perfect sense that AA won't block stuff if you are between the bullet and the bubble. It does so however if AA is between you and the bullet...or if you're inside the AA sphere.

But yeah, meant range instead of strength for the wormhole. Typing on mobile while on the road 😉

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

1 minute ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

It blocks it very reliably as long as you stay inside the bubble. Obviously if you're outside the bubble, it won't block everything. If you run inside the bubble, you are safe. I can't remember ever getting hit inside the bubble, and I run her a ton in MOT. It's what makes her viable there in the first place.

It also makes perfect sense that AA won't block stuff if you are between it and the bubble. It does so however if AA is between you and the bullet...or if you're inside the AA sphere.

Inside the AA sphere is not an absolute defense either. I stuck the AA to myself and nope, it doesn't protect 100%. Running AA in Mot and not dying doesn't really = invincibility.

Yes, it does shut down like most incoming gunfire, but it's not as absolute as you say. Just admit you are exaggerating for effect.

16 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Inside the AA sphere is not an absolute defense either. I stuck the AA to myself and nope, it doesn't protect 100%. Running AA in Mot and not dying doesn't really = invincibility.

Yes, it does shut down like most incoming gunfire, but it's not as absolute as you say. Just admit you are exaggerating for effect.

Sorry, but are wrong bar the bug when orbs stick to you. No bullet touches me otherwise and it works VERY reliably otherwise: 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

22 hours ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

It absorbs projectiles, adding to the damage, but it doesn't make her invulnerable...?

22 hours ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Strength doesn't effect Worm Hole at all...? I literally had to check the wiki just to make sure there wasn't some surprise changes. What are you talking about?