Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what would a sortie eidelon be?

(PSN)teacup775

Same boring grind as normal? You just keep switching into Operator eather to down shields or die in it only to switch back, wow, so much challange, blasting a big bulletsponge down with even more lifes on level 100 to down it with the same wepaosn you did it before with only taking longer or it vanishes at daylight.

How about actual boss mechanics, interacting with the surroundings or special mechancis liek avoiding certain areas, lure it somewhere, using traps, randomize it so it feels mroe frehs instead of learning it blindly. Instead of this PoE crap we got, another open world wannabe sorry, keep this down and focus on actual gamepaly, story, mechanic and actual new content instead of antoher hidden grind with new resources that get forgotten as soon you got all you wanted, Orokin Ciphers and Javlock Condensators anyone?

Same will be with the PoE Resources, and don't get me started on AMP, famr Eidolon to build AMP to famr Eidolon to build stronger AMP for more EIdolon famring, wow, big process, with the Starchart you have atleast variety of bosses and missions, and not keep repeating the Eidolons every few hours.

4 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Same boring grind as normal? You just keep switching into Operator eather to down shields or die in it only to switch back, wow, so much challange, blasting a big bulletsponge down with even more lifes on level 100 to down it with the same wepaosn you did it before with only taking longer or it vanishes at daylight.

How about actual boss mechanics, interacting with the surroundings or special mechancis liek avoiding certain areas, lure it somewhere, using traps, randomize it so it feels mroe frehs instead of learning it blindly. Instead of this PoE crap we got, another open world wannabe sorry, keep this down and focus on actual gamepaly, story, mechanic and actual new content instead of antoher hidden grind with new resources that get forgotten as soon you got all you wanted, Orokin Ciphers and Javlock Condensators anyone?

Same will be with the PoE Resources, and don't get me started on AMP, famr Eidolon to build AMP to famr Eidolon to build stronger AMP for more EIdolon famring, wow, big process, with the Starchart you have atleast variety of bosses and missions, and not keep repeating the Eidolons every few hours.

Lech Kril and Mutalist Alad V are exactly what your describing, and they're bosses everyone hates.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Cryptix123:

Lech Kril and Mutalist Alad V are exactly what your describing, and they're bosses everyone hates.

They are bad examples, we need severl a phases which switch and not jsut repeat itself, besides i never said those were good ones eather. We need overall good boss designs, Alad V with Zanuka is a sort of good start, just sohuld feel bigger and more phases as example again, like specific enemys you need to use, or better yet like Razorbakc, use its bursas agaisnt it, but also would need better mechancis still, the reason i say random mechancis is to keep it fresh and not just repeat step 1, 2, 3, several phases that not always appear also maybe, so each fight will feel new, at best think of the Mister Freeze figth in Arkham City, that is oen of the best fights so far in my eyes for such games.

3 hours ago, Marine027 said:

They are bad examples, we need severl a phases which switch and not jsut repeat itself, besides i never said those were good ones eather. We need overall good boss designs, Alad V with Zanuka is a sort of good start, just sohuld feel bigger and more phases as example again, like specific enemys you need to use, or better yet like Razorbakc, use its bursas agaisnt it, but also would need better mechancis still, the reason i say random mechancis is to keep it fresh and not just repeat step 1, 2, 3, several phases that not always appear also maybe, so each fight will feel new, at best think of the Mister Freeze figth in Arkham City, that is oen of the best fights so far in my eyes for such games.

I just looked it up.

It's literally fighting sentients but worse.

- You can only move each on of your abilties once

- No way to strip his immunity

- More than 50% of the attacks that work require stealth

As it turns out, comparing two different genres of game doesn't work. Who would have known /s.

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Cryptix123:

I just looked it up.

It's literally fighting sentients but worse.

- You can only move each on of your abilties once

- No way to strip his immunity

- More than 50% of the attacks that work require stealth

As it turns out, comparing two different genres of game doesn't work. Who would have known /s.

It was a loose example but still, a more varieted boss fight is better then this bulletsponges we have now.

Also less effects on them please DE, i not joke, it hurted my eyesa few tiems with all those effects there, its to much and to overblown, did Michael Bay help producing this?

On 2/22/2018 at 9:59 AM, Marine027 said:

-snip-

Ah, you're one of those guys who complains about everything new in the game to feel like you're part of the "cool kids." Can't even form a solid idea of what boss design should be, just blindly spouting "make it more better with phases and stuff!!1!" Listen, if you can actually deacribe a boss design that seems well thought-out, wouldn't devolve into cheesing immediately after launch, and wouldn't require i-frames or being a bullet sponge to last more than a few seconds against the force of nature that is a well-armed Tenno, then I'll personally applaud you.

As it stands though, the more recent bosses, such as the Eidolons, Tyl Regor, and Kela De Thaym are actually some of the most entertaining and best-designed in the game. Varied mechanics and requirements to proceed through the phases, entertaining visuals and flavor content, and they can survive purely on merit of their mechanics and skill requirements, rather than silly RNG invincibility or ridiculous amounts of health. I would love to see more content along these lines, and I'm eager to see what they do with the "Flydolon" they've been teasing for a while now.

As to the OP, the only thing I can imagine they would do for a sortie Eidolon is increase the stats, maybe make it so you can't capture it. The fight's already brutal if you're not kitted specifically for it as a squad, so best not to push things any further.

vor 49 Minuten schrieb EmissaryOfInfinity:

Ah, you're one of those guys who complains about everything new in the game to feel like you're part of the "cool kids." Can't even form a solid idea of what boss design should be, just blindly spouting "make it more better with phases and stuff!!1!" Listen, if you can actually deacribe a boss design that seems well thought-out, wouldn't devolve into cheesing immediately after launch, and wouldn't require i-frames or being a bullet sponge to last more than a few seconds against the force of nature that is a well-armed Tenno, then I'll personally applaud you.

As it stands though, the more recent bosses, such as the Eidolons, Tyl Regor, and Kela De Thaym are actually some of the most entertaining and best-designed in the game. Varied mechanics and requirements to proceed through the phases, entertaining visuals and flavor content, and they can survive purely on merit of their mechanics and skill requirements, rather than silly RNG invincibility or ridiculous amounts of health. I would love to see more content along these lines, and I'm eager to see what they do with the "Flydolon" they've been teasing for a while now.

As to the OP, the only thing I can imagine they would do for a sortie Eidolon is increase the stats, maybe make it so you can't capture it. The fight's already brutal if you're not kitted specifically for it as a squad, so best not to push things any further.

Tyl Regor, and Kela do have phases at least, even Alad V is more fun, Eidolons i simply complain because you shoot the shiedls, switch to operator to do so, switch back and repeat, how is this well designed or acceptable comapred to Kela where you not jsut shoot her but shoot the targets you need ot stand on for, it is minor but better then the bulletsponges we have now, they are overblown with effects to make them look epic and they fail with it like some overhyped Michael Bay movie.

I have nothing agaisnt new stuff if well implented but they take big steps they can't fit themself in lately, i defend them on alot and take alto of things tehy change but some is simply maybe not the best for the game.

By your logic you can't take critic and your mind is open for everything, regardless how blunt or ridicliosu it can get.

It is a opinion and i said why i not like it not just hate on it, if you can't accept opinions i not need ot accept yours.

Edited by Marine027