Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New stats for Quanta / Quanta Vandal feedback

VirtualViolet

A little background: Quanta (and later the Vandal variant) has been my favorite weapon for three years. Newer weapons distract me for a while, but I always come back to Quanta. Its accuracy and ammo efficiency were unparalleled, and it still had a reliable damage output and status chance to boot.

With today's beam weapon changes, the DPS and status procs have gone through the roof (with some modding changes from my old build - swapping out fire rate mods for crit mods), but the ammo economy has dropped through the floor. Quanta (Vandal), formerly one of the most ammo-efficient weapons, now uses ammo at the same rate as Amprex, formerly one of the most ammo-guzzling weapons in the game.

While the increased DPS and status procs are awesome, I really miss that old ammo economy. It seems ridiculous that it now uses ammo at the same rate as Amprex. And did you have to lower the clip size, too?

On top of burning through its ammo, trying to fire quick bursts to conserve ammo against weaker enemies tanks your damage since it now takes .8 seconds of continuous firing to reach full damage. This is the part that I think should be done away with for sure, and not just for the Quanta (Vandal), but for all beam weapons. It makes no sense to me.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I'm not sure what I'd like to see changed about this (other than doing away with the damage ramp-up mechanic), since the changes in DPS, status, and ammo economy are so drastic.

EDIT: Found someone saying something in another thread that fits what I'm feeling, so I'll quote it here:

About the Phage ammo economy, I seriously think DE made those stats way too homogeneous. Almost every Beam weapon now have a FR of 12 and .5 ammo requirement, so now the Phage and Quanta, which were always full of ammo, now use as much ammo as the Amprex, Synapse, Flux Rifle, Glaxion, etc. In short, the only difference between all the beam weapons are some Crit/Status (not always a significant difference) and damage types. 

Edited by VirtualViolet

Quantas hyper ammo effiency made me put firerate mods on all my configurations. So the moding has to be redone.

I love that quanta is good again, although there probably could be more economy variations it saves me a mod slot.

Personaly I dont find the charge rate that bad, it seems to be affected by firerate and Shread is on most of my builds, starting to fire while aiming dosn't seem to waste that much ammo.

Though I've mostly used Supras the last 2 years so that might affect what I would class as too much wasted ammo.

29 minutes ago, trndr said:

Quantas hyper ammo effiency made me put firerate mods on all my configurations. So the moding has to be redone.

I love that quanta is good again, although there probably could be more economy variations it saves me a mod slot.

Personaly I dont find the charge rate that bad, it seems to be affected by firerate and Shread is on most of my builds, starting to fire while aiming dosn't seem to waste that much ammo.

Though I've mostly used Supras the last 2 years so that might affect what I would class as too much wasted ammo.

That's another thing - I can't use Primed Shred on my Quanta Vandal anymore because it tanks the ammo economy even further, so I don't get the punch-through anymore. I've gotten so used to Quanta's formerly excellent ammo economy that I just can't ignore the drastic change.

Also, Quanta was never not good.

I've been using Quanta Vandal as my main weapon since i got it one or 2 years back (first Baro after returning to the game) and the ammo economy change is harsh IMO. Went to a game without seeing patch notes and my first thought was that something was broken.

EDIT: Did a more through test, changed build a bit and the new Quanta is a beast

Edited by Agmeuz

I feel bad about complaining considering how much stronger it is now, but I kinda agree. I really enjoyed the variation between fire rate/ammo economy for beam weapons (particularly the Quanta (Vandal) since it was super efficient) and it kinda seems a bit lazy that nearly every beam weapon has the same fire rate of 12 now. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd be willing to forego a bit of DPS on the Quanta in exchange for a slower ammo burn.

1 hour ago, Paradoxbomb said:

I feel bad about complaining considering how much stronger it is now, but I kinda agree. I really enjoyed the variation between fire rate/ammo economy for beam weapons (particularly the Quanta (Vandal) since it was super efficient) and it kinda seems a bit lazy that nearly every beam weapon has the same fire rate of 12 now. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd be willing to forego a bit of DPS on the Quanta in exchange for a slower ammo burn.

All beam weapons have low sustained dps when switching from enemy to enemy currently with the ramp per enemy, and resetting once missing said enemy. Save the ignis and amprex which still perform well. I forsee DE changing the ammo economy and the ramp up mechanic due to feedback in the near future, maybe this week. The quanta's ammo economy is one that definitely needs to be looked at though. They said since it has 2 beams, it uses 1 ammo per tick rather than the .5 the other beams use, and the lowered mag capacity. Hmm