Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Everyone miss Space Mom?

Xendias

On 22/02/2018 at 10:55 AM, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Everyone?  Certainly not.  There are some Tenno who actually really hate our beloved Space Mom.

As for me, I miss her dearly and have essentially stopped playing (though there's more contributing to that than just Space Mom being MIA; like, other games I want to play and the finitude of time).

It's just that most of them are on the Edgy phase.

Spoiler

You Cant Tell Me What To Do MOM...

39 minutes ago, Dwolfknight said:

Or maybe some of us just don't like the Lotus, don't like how she never seems to have faith in us (like how the odds are never in our favor despite us being extremely powerful or how she always berates us for defeating the Grustrag Three), want to make our own decisions for once, and/or (most importantly) prefer other factions than the Tenno and would like to work for them.

The only "edgy" thing I will agree with you on is those who want to join the Stalker or Hunhow since a lot of it just comes down to "I wanna hunt other players and force PVP on them".

14 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

Or maybe some of us just don't like the Lotus, don't like how she never seems to have faith in us (like how the odds are never in our favor despite us being extremely powerful or how she always berates us for defeating the Grustrag Three), want to make our own decisions for once, and/or (most importantly) prefer other factions than the Tenno and would like to work for them.

That is the Definition of the emo phase (aka Edgy Phase),
It's when the child rejects their caretakers and rebels against them believing that they should make their own choices and that other people parents are cooler.

Just now, Dwolfknight said:

That is the Definition of the emo phase (aka Edgy Phase),
It's when the child rejects their caretakers and rebels against them believing that they should make their own choices and that other people parents are cooler.

In real life, yes, but in a game, it's not liking one character and preferring another due to how they act and are portrayed. Some players go gaga for Lotus and will follow her every order, others can't stand her and want to work for someone else; typical "I like this character and hate that one" stuff. There's nothing "edgy phase" about it, it's just players preferring something different, with the only real edgy stuff being the "I want to work for Stalker to hunt other players" drek.

12 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

In real life, yes, but in a game, it's not liking one character and preferring another due to how they act and are portrayed. Some players go gaga for Lotus and will follow her every order, others can't stand her and want to work for someone else; typical "I like this character and hate that one" stuff. There's nothing "edgy phase" about it, it's just players preferring something different, with the only real edgy stuff being the "I want to work for Stalker to hunt other players" drek.

I wouldn't mind running some missions for Tyl Regor or Alad V, but my allegiance will always stand with Lotus since, you know, she freed us from a life of slavery by the Orokin?
Also get b8ed m8.

4 minutes ago, Dwolfknight said:

I wouldn't mind running some missions for Tyl Regor or Alad V, but my allegiance will always stand with Lotus since, you know, she freed us from a life of slavery by the Orokin?
Also get b8ed m8.

Ah, so you're one of those "Someone made a good retort, better say I was trolling" players. I could stoop to your level and further derail this thread, but I won't.

I will, however, leave my final thoughts. You like Lotus? Good for you. Others don't? Good for them. Players have their own thoughts, opinions, and allegiances that they follow. Players should be allowed to choose who they want to follow, whether it be a different faction, the Lotus/Tenno, or not follow anyone, especially after finishing the Apostasy Prologue. You can continue hugging the Lotus' mask till she returns, but me? I'll continue flying the Grineer war banner high.

I was bummed at first, but quickly got over it. Honestly, I would have preferred Ordis himself just take over for the time being rather than make a projection of Lotus (but that definitely would have taken way too much time for something temporary, especially involving replacement of every line she has). Nothing has changed about the game other than Lotus occasionally glitching out.

2 hours ago, Dwolfknight said:

Hide contents

You Cant Tell Me What To Do MOM...

Come on are you really going to tell me that this ^ wasn't bait? also, bait and trolling are 2 different things

36 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

Ah, so you're one of those "Someone made a good retort, better say I was trolling" players. I could stoop to your level and further derail this thread, but I won't.

I will, however, leave my final thoughts. You like Lotus? Good for you. Others don't? Good for them. Players have their own thoughts, opinions, and allegiances that they follow. Players should be allowed to choose who they want to follow, whether it be a different faction, the Lotus/Tenno, or not follow anyone, especially after finishing the Apostasy Prologue. You can continue hugging the Lotus' mask till she returns, but me? I'll continue flying the Grineer war banner high.

Either way, I'm open to conversation too, my question to you is: Why do you want to serve the Grinner? I understand people that want to be independent and not have to serve anyone. I don't understand, however, someone that wants to serve a fascist militaristic faction who wants to take over at the expense of innocent civilians while oppressing their own soldiers and running shortsighted, deadly experiments such as reawakening the infested or unlocking the tomb of a powerful being such as Hunhow that clearly wants to destroy everyone inside the solar system.

Edited by Dwolfknight
"of a"