Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties Are 0 Fun: Rewards Are The Reason

Akisohida

I hate to say it but half the Sortie boss fights are painful, slow, hard, unfun slogs.

..And, 2 out of 3 of my last unfun slogs (the Jackal Pack and the Ambulis boss fight) both rewarded me with an AYATAN SCULPTURE.

Great, 2 BS bossfights with a reward I coulda got running a random Void mission or Maroo mission. Thanks. This reward is 100% NOT worth fighting some of the hardest, frustrating, BS mechanic (In the case of the Ambulis)  in the game. Sorry, but it's true.

Both times, I just logged out because the game stopped being fun.

That title feels kinda misleading to me.

What you're saying is basically "Bosses are hard/slow/unfun, but it wouldn't be a problem if I got good rewards from it".
Which is short of saying "Don't fix the bosses, just give me better reward for fighting badly designed stuff"

All things considered, there's some improvement to be made in the mechanic of sorties/sortie bosses themselves, but the reward table is the last of my worry.
It's not actually that bad. Taking 5-25 minutes of your time to receive those kind of rewards on a daily basis is the least I could ask.

I don't know what's so bad about ayatan sculptures or Endo as a whole, you either use them to level up your ever-evolving mods arsenal or you use them efficiently to make Plats by selling maxed 10rank mods to players who need them.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

That title feels kinda misleading to me.

What you're saying is basically "Bosses are hard/slow/unfun, but it wouldn't be a problem if I got good rewards from it".
Which is short of saying "Don't fix the bosses, just give me better reward for fighting badly designed stuff"

All things considered, there's some improvement to be made in the mechanic of sorties/sortie bosses themselves, but the reward table is the last of my worry.
It's not actually that bad. Taking 5-25 minutes of your time to receive those kind of rewards on a daily basis is the least I could ask.

I don't know what's so bad about ayatan sculptures or Endo as a whole, you either use them to level up your ever-evolving mods arsenal or you use them efficiently to make Plats by selling maxed 10rank mods to players who need them.

All things considered, I have slogged through 2 horrible, boring, painful Sorties and got the door prize.

And, while typing this, I've hit an invisible wall int he only path of the map I'm on to get cryptographic au's..meaning I have to quit out because the game thinks there's a wall that is not there, in a tunnel, so I am 100% screwed.

So I am a bit peeved that bugs screw me over, then bad rewards for the difficulty of the boss fight screw me when things DON'T go bad.

On 22.02.2018 at 6:07 AM, Akisohida said:

Sortie boss fights are painful, slow, hard, unfun slogs.

they are not hard if you have the proper loadout for them. i have some advices i can give you;
1- get a sniper they are the father of all damage(lanka,rubico or opticor)

2- forma... lots of forma, sorties are not made to be easy if they were we wouldnt have a debuff in the missions. So forma your stuff and git gud.

3-legendary core's are truly legendary. i heard of one hermit who lives on top of god knows where has information about someone who has a legendary core.

I don't mean to insult you but you could try getting better builds on your weapons or warframe. I find them hard to but I still manage through by changing my loadout to be more effective with the conditions. Like I run ember in enemy physical enhancements since they're still volnurable to elements, but I don't run her in enemy elemental enchantments since she wont do a thing there but make it harder for me. Try to adjust your builds, that's kinda the reason for sortie. But I do agree only on the sculpture as a reward. I hate getting that because it makes it not worth the run. It should be put into Maroo's reward pool. Maybe replace sculptures with 10P so it feels a bit rewarding since you can buy a built Catalyst, Reactor, forma with 50% coupon or even save up for a warframe/weapon slot. 

Edited by (PS4)Chaotic_Mayhem30

welp :/ Having played this game for 5 years and being at the point I only use gear that has 5+ forma applied.... I see Sorties as the only opportunity for fun because they are the only content that comes even close to challenging me. I still usually have to make non-meta choices because the meta ones turn even sorties into braindead cakewalks

Edited by Jakorak

I love sorties,  for me its a good place to test out new builds on decent leveled enemies and the fact theres always some extra obstacle like bows only or secondary only or enhanced damage makes it pretty fun.   The only thing that even slightly irritates me is radiation damage,  I generally just run as fast and as far away from the other players as I possibly can in those.   Then watch them kill each other over and over and over and over again :P