Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR Level Lock Idea for Missions with a Twist

(PSN)Sivos909

So, with these so called "nerf" updates people have been complaining about since.........well....the dawn of Warframe, being centered around making Veteran players not take away the fun of Warframe from the new players.  Frankly, I think this problem is something that should really be worked on, but it would be difficult to implement a nerf without angering many fans.  So, I propose this concept: level lock all missions with a bonus twist.  Hear me out.

When I first started playing, I did hate seeing high level players rush in and kill everything within seconds of starting the mission.  I felt rushed and the game felt boring given I mostly just walked from point A to point B without doing anything.  The stuff I gathered or was awarded was nice, but didn't feel deserved.  Frankly, if I didn't have friends keeping me to come back to the game, I would have quit a long time ago.  Going solo seemed the best option at the time anyway, but also boring.  I want to meet new people and explore with them!  Figure out boss fights, collaborating, and doing reworks to get through each mission.  That's what makes MMOs special, in my opinion.  I know many do not play this way, but this just seems to be the beauty behind what makes an MMO good.....again, in my opinion.

If we level lock missions, say like Earth missions, new players would be playing with new players and high levels would be playing with high levels.  And if we do this, why not make the higher level locks team you up against stronger enemies.  Many of you probably have thought by now as you're reading this, "But that would make finding a group that more difficult and no-one wants to farm forever for Rubido if the enemies make it that much harder to get that resource quickly," and that's true, but I do have a twist.

Most Veteran players' reasoning for killing everything so quickly and running straight for the exit is because of one thing: they don't want to keep doing the same old boring thing over and over to get the resources or items they truly want.  They want to make a speedy run through so they can finish their goal as fast as possible.  So what if as you progress through each level locked instance on Earth (or any planet, Earth is an example) by leveling up your MR, resources drop in higher quantity.  Rare items such as mods have an increased drop chance from enemies and when you complete each mission, you will most likely walk away with what you want after a few runs.  The runs won't be easy, but they can be completed.  That way, you will also have a reason to keep increasing your MR in order to get, say, Condition Overload, easier.

The game will present a challenge for Veteran players and reward greater for completing said challenge while also keeping new players interested in the game.  Of course, you could also leave the option of joining lower levels on their missions if they invite you to their party, but probably not allow you to take lower levels to your higher level areas to get better stuff early on (basically like how sorties and bounties are level locked today).

Edit: I put this in the general discussion area as well given I don't know where this goes.

Edited by (PS4)Sivos909

I already made a thread like this a while ago, but it seemed to be shot down:

We need better matchmaking in order to stop this vicious cycle of nerfing kits that are only a symptom of efficient players (which cannot be changed, it is their play-style).

394ece05521ed4553d5d435249c1ce84.png

Edited by --Q--Voltage

I wouldn't classify Warframe as a true blood MMO so I don't really mind the lack of proper progression scaling by time. (eg atterax is one of the easiest weapon to make while being a strong crit+slash+status weapon. See?)

But matchmaking can see something to be done.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Sivos909 said:

And if we do this, why not make the higher level locks team you up against stronger enemies.

My problem with this part:
What if I want to/need to forma a weaker weapon, or a frame, that just can't handle the stronger enemies until 2 or 3 forma into its build?  What am I supposed to do for those first 2 or 3 forma?  Have a much harder time against level 60+ enemies instead of being able to go to a level that matches the weapons strength to more easily level it by using it?  I actually like using weapons when I level them, not just passively level them by never firing a single shot.

Further what about times when I just want to relax and fight weaker enemies for a while and blow off some steam?
For instance I can do a Lith survival on Earth and deal with low level enemies and have a decent period of time of just blowing away enemies and relaxing before I turn my sights onto the harder missions where I need gear other than my funny play gear.
With the mission forcing me into high level content I"m no longer able to do that.  I would practically be forced to always use my meta gear because my MR would simply be too high to let me fight low level enemies and blow off some steam.

And personally, I couldn't care less if the MR lock means better drops.  I have millions of resources that I'll never use.  I have tons of duplicate mods that I'll only occasionally go through and melt down into tens of thousands of Endo.  There would be no benefit for me to be forced into fighting level 50-60 enemies on every single planet when I just want to sit back and relax while killing some mooks or trying a completely off the wall non-meta build that I know won't be able to handle high levels but could be fun to use for a while.

Finally, this would make leveling or formaing frames a complete pain.  After all, I can't just go to a low level mission and not worry about the smallest slip-up causing my frame to be killed.  With your idea I wouldn't have that choice.  I would be forced to fight the high level enemies which would just make using a fresh frame not worth it.

Edited by Tsukinoki