Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Rework and Discussion Topic

(PSN)TheHypothes

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

First question on new devstream topic is about Wukong. Let's cross fingers they will actually address it for once lol

Agreed. I was talking with Deadsin about it right before the post, and frankly anything that gets them looking at him is a good thing.

Not like we haven't created enough topics about him.

I had another synergy idea I thought could be fun for Iron Jab anf Primal Fury

Keep the same combos (but clean them up a bit to feel more fluid) for Primal Fury, but now when it's active, you can use Iron Jab to swap between that stance and another stance that gives you a ton more range but at the cost of damage.

Iron Jab extends the staff, so you use it and the extended staff stays and you have a new set of combos centered around wide coverage attacks. Use Iron Jab in this state and it either does the same animation, or a new one where he changes the staff to be small and does a slam attack or something, and switches back to the normal variant.

• 1 month later...

I am not too familiar to Wukong as a warframe but I understand that he might need a rework. I agree with (PS4) Vagnar's proposal of his new passive ability being a triple jump, but I'd also like to modify it so that after the third jump, Wukong would ride on a cloud or something, basically combining that and Cloudwalker together. He could be invincible during that state and whenever he moves around on the cloud, his cloud falls closer to the ground, but much slower than when you aim in the air. This would help free up his third ability for something else. Iron Jab might need more AoE in there, Defy looks fine as it is. So his new ability could have something to do with transforming or cloning, it'd be cool to see that happen. Maybe when he clones, he turns invisible while his clone gains aggro from the enemies.

• 1 month later...

I like wukong, but he needs reworks i agree with ps4 vagnar's suggestions for iron jab, defy and primal fury.

But for cloud walker i would like that he will surf on the cloud with 50% more speed and can use his weapons, or melee and secondary only, or melee only (i suggest melee only) because he's a melee frame (quotation) 

This would be useful for the open  worlds as a better and most importantly, cooler form of transportation

Please DE rework wukong.

P.S i like the wukong clones idea of ps4 vagnar. 

I think something that would be a lot cooler is giving wukong a lot of augments. I think what this'll do is give people a lot of options on how they want wukong to work, and could help make sure that he has a lot of abilities in accordance with his mythology. This way there are a lot of possibilities for what powers he could have, based on the augment or whatever

• 1 month later...

I love all of that. But there are A LOT of similarities to his other variances in games like paragon and smite. Thats what i think has taken them so long to revisit this frame. Defy is the only standout one from the other games. But i see lots of talks of defy being OP. Nothing is op when the damage and health of enemies scale far beyond the frames. This isn't PvP. 

What he needs are changes to iron jab, his primal fury and cloud walker.

For him being so melee oriented i think its fair to ask for any attack with iron jab or primal fury that doesnt kill will have a 75% chance at stunning that enemy. With him souly being impact damage that makes him scale horribly into higher lvls. So if damage type is not going to change then stunning the enemy isnt too much to ask for. Increase the range, damage, status chance, crit chance and crit damage to a good amount. And allow it to scale. Any slam attack from primal fury takes the enemy to the ground momemtarily opening them up for ground finishers. I mean come on your hitting an enemy with a pole the size of a 3 men your telling me thats not going to atleast knock someone out.

Make primal fury non combo based. Imputs are slow. If you truly want him to be good make the character automatically go into an animation. What i was thinking was set him up for group attacking by making that animation rapid spin attacks. Varying from sliding spins like the heavy blade stance. To rapid staff spins. If held while walking or stationry he will go into a state of invincibility for 3 seconds and once thats up you launch forward and slam the ground. When this move activates the more succesfull hits and the longer it lasts increases the speed, range and damage a decent amount.

Cloud walker my idea is that he covers the entire area around and in front of him in a dense fog. Granting enemies damage reduction and sporatic spray and prey along with them(the enemy) being able to damage their allies. While granting you increased movement and attack speed along with damage reduction and the ability to triple jump. This would also increase his ability to play well with others on your team and would be great crowd control. Currently hes more selfish and doesnt offer much to a team.   

Let me know what you think. This is what i would love to see and it would make his augments usable while increasing the amount of fun and usabilty and cloud walker would just add a lot of synergy to his uncoordinated kit without getting rid of it. Its an important part of his origins as a whole. These moves are what i think will allow hime to be the melee powerhouse he should be.

Edited by (XB1)TheJocularKFO