Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option Not To Host

kyori

I can't host the Tridolon fight because that fight(or anything new in PoE) is not properly optimized after the optimization done before Tridolon was introduced, so my ram memory will go beyond 1200MB and that will caused a game crash, so host migration... and people will complain why Tridolon fight always got host migration, it is because of this problem. 9 out of 10 times I go Tridolon hunt, the game wants me to host lol (PoE itself is the problem, it has nothing to do with recruiting a squad with a host etc. If PoE has no problem then I can obvious be the host, as I  can host any game from the starchart but not PoE. So that explained a lot.

Would be great if there is an option not to host, I think a lot of players wanting that feature. PoE itself still has ram memory issues for squad play, not so much for solo play... and a lot of bugs too. 

8 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Haha, I'd like the opposite.

Even though I set my options to 100ms max Ping I end up in 80% with 500+ ms hosts where I can't do anything

Well, that happens because some people's internet connection can handle 2-3 players, but not 4. The game detects a decent connection, but once you join that connection isn't enough to handle all the players and you end up with a horrible ping despite your settings.

That's precisely why I personally want an option not to host, especially when dealing with eidolon hunts. Fighting those with a ping of 1000+ is just not acceptable and I'm quite sick of the game deciding to make me host all the time.

I too would like to see this. My setup can play the game fairly well but simply cannot handle hosting. I've learned if you don't see names pop up in the hallway before fully loading into PoE you're going to be the host so you can quickly abort and try again.