Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level 150 Playground

BBaw

First of all, I get the Simulacrum, its  a good place to get a generalization of the immediate effect of your weapons etc.  I have no issue with it.  But this isn't a place where players come together, and I don't necessarily want it to be that way, at all.

Secondly,  I get what kuva farming is, its a place for players to come together and farm kuva.

Thirdly,  I get what Sorties are, they're a few minutes of rushing through our most challenging content once every 24 hours for a higher tiered rewards pool. 

Fourthly,  I understand what the index is, its a means to farm credits while fighting ever scaling enemies, it is repeatable and can be pretty fun!

I was doing some general build testing today, which meant I went to Eris, picked the Zabala node and started my very own endless survival for funzies.  It was generally just a boring type of grind and I set my goal to stay in there until I died one time then I figured I would exit.  Test Complete.

One thing I began to realize as the enemies began scaling ever higher was around the level 100 point the tedium was generally falling away and I was beginning to have a bit of fun!  By level 150 I was having an absolute blast. I wanted to stay in there forever.  It was really stinking fun.  Things where challenging.  I was being forced to think about my gameplay.  I was being forced to use my skills in an efficient manner.  I was being forced to move and stand and fight and play with a bit of strategy involved instead of just standing toe to toe and smashing E while the bodies hit the floor.   It took me an hour to get to this point,  10 minutes later I met my first death and because I had already been smashing buttons for over an hour I stuck to my gameplan and ran to the exit.

I would love to be able to just go back in there and do that again without having to grind through an hour of gameplay just to get to that point where the game felt really awesome.

I understand that it may or may not be that fun for everyone so I wouldn't recommend locking any content behind it,  AT ALL!  But,  I think it would be pretty stinking awesome if you put some existing content in there with maybe an incentivized reason for going in.   Like, give all these guys that have farmed the game long enough to have EVERYTHING, but maybe lack a resource of some type,  a means to extract that resource in possibly a higher quantity.  While having an outlet for all that pent up super powered frustration they've been hanging on to since their mastery rank has surpassed the current game level.

I would like this designed as a means of entering challenging content without having to walk through a super long hallway first, and in a fashion that enables us to do this at any time of day, in a repeatable way, in any type of content.  Unlike the sortie level content which is very limited in scope.  Sorties are basically a few minutes of efficient rushing to get to the reward that isn't repeatable for 24 hours.   And I love the sortie content.  Its the highest level mission types we have and they come with some interesting challenges.  But then again, there is 0 reason to repeat it until 24 hours have elapsed.  Completely understandable given the nature of its rewards.  So, we don't need sortie tier rewards but perhaps scaled normal tier rewards.

I wouldn't mind joining a level 150 Earth - Lith group and doing a nostalgic run through in order to pick up a bonus amount of neurodes because I have simply put in the time and effort to merit such a thing.   In doing so, I would not be leaving my past, new to the game, self in the dust because that self still has a means of obtaining neurodes, albeit, possibly a lesser need in quantity.

I understand there is a certain percentage of the player base that would not even find level 150 content challenging,  they would know who and what to bring to a level 3000 mission and just stroll right in, fear not fellow Warframe players,  this content is for you too, but I don't think it should be designed as a means to get you to 3000, 6000, or even over 9000! level content in a jiffy. 

I picked level 150 because this seems to be around the level that enemies can start reliably one shotting certain warframes.  I am an average mastery rank 18 player. I was using a melee Saryn with a generally tanky build and things started getting pretty challenging to play sloppily around level 100 and I had to put my game face on while being swarmed with level 150-170 infested.  This should be a pretty decent range to introduce players into that type of content.   It shouldn't be for the feint hearted and inexperienced, by design.   But, for the solo player or group that put a little thought into their builds and possibly have a bit of pent up desire to show their higher level thumping prowess.

So, give us normal content, scaled in level, scaled in rewards, fit for people that have met a certain level of achievement in game, but not a locked doorway to things unobtainable to anyone else.  Please.

+1.  Game needs a heroic version of the entire star chart that starts at 100 (rather than 150, so it starts where the normal one + sorties ends.  There could always be a mythic version that starts again at 200).

Edited by polarity

1 hour ago, ZAXNIGHTMARE said:

are you suggestion a savage level kind enemies missions?

but which one is the reward? or the purpose? sounds awesome for me, but if tthe mission doesn't give an equial reward for facing 150+ enemies, then is not worthy at all

yea i'm suggesting boost enemy level AND reward, give high rank people something to do with an equal boost to rewards for achieving it

1 hour ago, polarity said:

+1.  Game needs a heroic version of the entire star chart that starts at 100 (rather than 150, so it starts where the normal one + sorties ends.  There could always be a mythic version that starts again at 200).

I wouldn't be entirely apposed to level 100 at start but from 100 to 150 was kinda meh for me to be honest?  If they aren't level 50 Void mobs or damage augmented sortie mobs, the danger doesn't feel as real, so much? And I'm not suggesting add damage modifiers or anything, just normal mobs scaled to 150 base starting level.  I definitely felt like I was getting into some type of danger by 150 though.   Which is the appealing aspect for me.   I don't consider myself an exceptional player at all either,  I figure for some that wouldn't be enough and others it might be a bit much, but for most working in a group it should be enough.  I'm pretty certain I can bring just about any old piece of gear to sorties by now and get through them, some stuff works better than others but outside of just a trash build most stuff works up to 100 fairly easily, not much challenge there.  By 150 I knew if I had a bad weapon or build, it wasn't going to work there.  I would say by 135 I was starting to get that impression really quickly. By 170 I was in the zooonee!  But then I died rofl.  So fun, I wanna do it again, a lot!

I can definitely understand not wanting a gap in level range for content, though.  That would make sense! So, idk.  Good suggestion.

tbh I'd like an AI fix much more than just increasing level. And with that a limit to enemy damage and armor scaling. Grineer will never be that challenging as you can shut them down completly with CC. Works also on infested, although to a lesser degree. High level corpus are bs and noone ever plays them :D. It would also be nice to see a fix to the currently broken shooting vs melee effectivness ratio. Sure, there are many guns that can kill very high level enemies. but they do not scale nearly as well as melee weapons. But that's not even the point. The problem is that melee weapons do not have reload times, and the current meta of spin-to-win-whips has insane range, so that would be your average players go-to choice of weapon, again. So what I'm trying to say is, while adding higher level content to the game would seem like the logical approach for adding more challenge, in reallity I fear you would not notice that much of a difference. At least I do not in Sorties. Everyone just brings his nuke-equipment with him, and it's the same run-through-as-fast-as-you-can-game as anything else. Challenge can only come from smarter enemies or harder to perform mechanics. one-shots are okay, i they are telegraphed and can be dodged with skill. Warframe lacks that entirely, enemies just use swarm tatctics and hitscan weapons + infinittly scaling damage. So my plea would be to work on that before adding another feature that I do not think will change the way we play the game in any way.

Seems very logical d not too much worrk to implement and would be great replay value. I'm mastery rank23 and have forgotten most of the star chart content. 

If they wanted to they could even add some story elements to the ng+ 

Thanks for this thoughtful suggestion.