Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if Arena was more like Index?

Asphyxxia

Ever since latest Index rebalance both in terms of credit gains and mission progression it's been a wonderfull thing to run when farming Credits, be it with a premade squad or a public match now that it's more like an endless Defence / Interception because everyone gets to chose when they want to leave without being bound to their teammates, or ally AI.

Why not turn Arena into an endless mission with a similar mechanic, where you'll get an extraction prompt every 25 kills, get a reward from regular drop table, Judgement Points and the usual drops with appropriately scaling enemies of course. I wouldn't mind if drop rates were slightly, very slightly tweaked down to compensate for no downtime between rounds and it would really make potato users like me happy to get rid of loading times in-between each run.

30 minutes ago, Asphyxxia said:

Why not turn Arena into an endless mission with a similar mechanic, where you'll get an extraction prompt every 25 kills, get a reward from regular drop table, Judgement Points and the usual drops with appropriately scaling enemies of course.

You forget that in fighting Kela "Cruella" De Thaym you're also getting drops for Saryn.  As far as I've seen, when it comes to bits for Warframe Drops, this sort of thing usually can't be as endless as we'd like it to be.  Because if that were to be reworked, Mutalist Salad V would also need to be reworked accordingly and he drops the bits for Mesa.  

Lore wise, it might be worked in accordingly (at least for the Grineer).  Code wise, I'm not too sure.  Especially when it comes to Warframe parts farming.  After all, when it came to Glast Gambit and Nidus -- they had to create a lore/story line quest in order for that to happen.  And I'm not at all confident this is going to happen for Saryn any time in the near or far future.  

5 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

You forget that in fighting Kela "Cruella" De Thaym you're also getting drops for Saryn.  As far as I've seen, when it comes to bits for Warframe Drops, this sort of thing usually can't be as endless as we'd like it to be.  Because if that were to be reworked, Mutalist Salad V would also need to be reworked accordingly and he drops the bits for Mesa.  

Lore wise, it might be worked in accordingly (at least for the Grineer).  Code wise, I'm not too sure.  Especially when it comes to Warframe parts farming.  After all, when it came to Glast Gambit and Nidus -- they had to create a lore/story line quest in order for that to happen.  And I'm not at all confident this is going to happen for Saryn any time in the near or far future.  

I am not talking about Kela De Thaym fight, as it's an Assassination mission but about Nakki, Yam and Vodyanoi as their mission type is Arena. The Index: Endurance is also an Arena type mission.

You are completely missing the point here, it's not about Saryn farming at all, but about the mission rewards which sometimes can be rare stances such as Vengeful Revenant and Endo.

Edited by Asphyxxia
Added second paragraph.

14 minutes ago, Asphyxxia said:

I am not talking about Kela De Thaym fight, as it's an Assassination mission but about Nakki, Yam and Vodyanoi as their mission type is Arena. The Index: Endurance is also an Arena type mission.

You are completely missing the point here, it's not about Saryn farming at all, but about the mission rewards which sometimes can be rare stances such as Vengeful Revenant and Endo.

I'm not missing the point...  well not entirely.  You're talking about the other parts of Sedna which lead up to De Thaym's assassination mission.  

All right, I can see this as working out better.   Would make sense actually, given that Grineer clones seems to infer suffering through Replicative Fading and you don't want your forces to all be like Clem.  

Good luck in getting it incorporated.  I would like to see this more than all these eggs in the Open Roam/Eidolon basket as it currently is.