Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idle Animations : Great Idea, Poor Execution

CY13ERPUNK

ok i checked them all out

thankfully most of them are not THAT awful, but unfortunately they aren't really that great either =[ (ash/rhino/vauban/ember were some of the worst IMHO)

this is my personal request that the idle animations become like the helmet options, that is skins that you can choose in the palette selection menu

this way the pre-arid fear idle animations that all warframes shared could be the default OR AT LEAST GIVE US THE OPTION TO HAVE IT BACK, then the new idle animations can be whatevs

but PLEASE

PLEASE

give us the old stance back as an option, it is MUCH more flattering to so many of the frames, at the very least, it doesnt make them look like posing idiots and Frost doesn't slouch his shoulders

The artwork makes this game unique...

Loki having a hammerhead shark design isn't a great design, but it was never fixed, and It makes the frame unique.

The stances make the frame unique, and if you can't handle that then I'm sorry, use a different frame or always move so you never see the idle stance.

I happen to agree with Hayden on this one. Over time they'll tweak the idles. Try to capture a sense of uniqueness and a hint of personality in each frame.

Norse God has the stance of humpback camel.

Uniqueness found.

Edited by Gingka2k10

Norse God have the stance of humpback camel.

Uniqueness found.

Think of the Joker, but now paranoid.

He always has his back hunched so he can't choked/  attacked from behind (You can't be choked when your neck is scrunched up), and he has a hand infront of his face when available to get ready to counter the next blow that is coming towards his face.

It makes him insanely demented looking, and adds to that trickster side more on the evil side. I love it personally, just look into it.

Think of the Joker, but now paranoid.

He always has his back hunched so he can't choked/  attacked from behind (You can't be choked when your neck is scrunched up), and he has a hand infront of his face when available to get ready to counter the next blow that is coming towards his face.

It makes him insanely demented looking, and adds to that trickster side more on the evil side. I love it personally, just look into it.

Atleast lower the tilt , then I other people could be satisfied

Loki having a hammerhead shark design isn't a great design, but it was never fixed, and It makes the frame unique.

The stances make the frame unique, and if you can't handle that then I'm sorry, use a different frame or always move so you never see the idle stance.

The faulty logic of your argument is that helms can be changed, along with color and weapon loadouts. And it forces particular personality upon a warframe, which makes no sense since we build warframes rather then hire them. Also when a player goes to buy or build a warframe they already know what they are getting into when it comes to physical appearance, but unless they actively look for it they won't know about the idle animations looks like which can throw off allot people.

That is why I think that allowing players to change the idle to a cosmetic choice which would give players something to further make there loki, Volt, or what ever other frame their own. But if DE at least make the original idle an option because bow neck Vauban is no a good thing.

The faulty logic of your argument is that helms can be changed, along with color and weapon loadouts. And it forces particular personality upon a warframe, which makes no sense since we build warframes rather then hire them. Also when a player goes to buy or build a warframe they already know what they are getting into when it comes to physical appearance, but unless they actively look for it they won't know about the idle animations looks like which can throw off allot people.

That is why I think that allowing players to change the idle to a cosmetic choice which would give players something to further make there loki, Volt, or what ever other frame their own. But if DE at least make the original idle an option because bow neck Vauban is no a good thing.

If idle animations are the reason you don't want the frame you really need to check your priorities.

Use a frame that's fun. Not the best looking.

If physical appearance in a game like this really undermines your value for frames then that is something with yourself. DE can't fix that.

PS: Every helmt for Loki makes him look worse IMO, helmets can be changed, but not to something exactly fitting.

thank you =]

the whole "it shouldnt matter what the game LOOKS like, just what the stats are" blows my mind how ppl can say that S#&$ with a straight face

I think they are a nice idea since they add some personality to the different warframes, although the initial implementation is still a little rough. But with some tweaking (some of the idle stances do look a bit goofy) and a bit of polishing (weapon clipping & alignment issues), they should be a really nice addition.

I think ppl are missing my main point

just give us the OPTION to use the generic idle animation that all frames used to share

GIVE US THE OPTION

OPTION

OPTIONAL

IT WOULD BE @(*()$ OPTIONAL PEOPLE

........ /sigh

btw ppl mentioned uniqueness and personality? Rhino used to stand on his hooves, now his stupid &#! wide foot stance has him on his heels, looks awful =/

AFAIK the majority of frames were designed artistically with the previous stances/animations ingame in mind, many of the warframe models just don't look that great in some of these new idle stances =[

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

don't you dare call loki hammerhead head a bad design decision.