Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more host migrations! - A solution

(PSN)Snypomaniac

- The host is marked, he knows he's the host. 

- If the host leaves, he loses all rewards. 

Yes, sometimes the host is disconnected or has another viable reason to leave; but this is rare.

I think we all could bear with these occasional losses of rewards for the sake of not having to migrate every 3rd or 4th game on the plains...

So simple as that. (?)

vor 19 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Snypomaniac:

He already is...

vor 19 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Snypomaniac:

If you leave without a proper extraction you loose your progress anyway...

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Snypomaniac said:

Yes, sometimes the host is disconnected

It's sad I sounds like bashing you here but I have to disagree on punishing as it's 50/50 fault due to game itself or connection or the host troll the team.

Most of the time  people doesn't host a session because they want to. I think you know this. We cannot control who will be host.

There is no solution to this host migration until DE willing to host from their end.

5 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

If you leave without a proper extraction you loose your progress anyway...

Nope, on the Plains you don't lose the rewards even if you quit, and you can even extract after you've made the others endure migration. 

(Where can I see who's the host??)

How about no. When I host and play with a particular friend our computers seem to hate each other and one of us gets booted off the game.

Implementing something like this would punish me even more for playing with my friends.

Edited by Mayahai

9 minutes ago, kyori said:

It's sad I sounds like bashing you here but I have to disagree on punishing as it's 50/50 fault due to game itself or connection or the host troll the team.

Most of the time  people doesn't host a session because they want to. I think you know this. We cannot control who will be host.

There is no solution to this host migration until DE willing to host from their end.

I strongly disagree with this! It's extremely rare that you get disconnected or something, and if so, you lose everything nonetheless if I'm correct.

9/10 of host migrations (okay I'm talking about PoE mostly!) are the hosts just not wanting to wait 40 seconds (!) because low MR guys don't have archwing ramps. 

Then the second host leaves, another migration...

Then the third leaves, another migration...

Then it leaves me with a migraine. 

Edited by (PS4)Snypomaniac

10 minutes ago, Xiquara said:

or let the game predefine a host order so that an migration can happen in an instant cause all clients know who is the next host if the actual host leaves/disconnects

Yep I'm open to other solutions, but it's a rather big issue on the Plains! DE needs to do something with it. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)Snypomaniac:

I strongly disagree with this! It's extremely rare that you get disconnected or something, and if so, you lose everything nonetheless if I'm correct.

9/10 of host migrations (okay I'm talking about PoE mostly!) are the hosts just not wanting to wait 40 seconds (!) because low MR guys don't have archwing ramps. 

you as client can also just leave after the last mission, you don't have to go to cetus gate for your rewards and you can chose cetus or orbiter, if these options are there you are save to leave

2 minutes ago, Xiquara said:

you as client can also just leave after the last mission, you don't have to go to cetus gate for your rewards and you can chose cetus or orbiter, if these options are there you are save to leave

Well, yeah, I will definitely do this from now on when being client. How can people being hosts force a host-migration onto a whole squad is beyond me. 

Dude, I lose connection in about 7/10 of my games. When I host (and I always try to avoid it because of this!), people usually get disconnected at any point of the mission. Don't punish the 99% of players who do get disconnections from crashes and network issues from time to time.

DE just needs to make more of the game client-sided. This peer-to-peer-to-server stuff ruins a lot of my missions, and it's why I can't participate in eidolon hunts or long survivals.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Snypomaniac said:

I strongly disagree with this! It's extremely rare that you get disconnected or something

If I born in a rich family, doesn't mean everyone else is born in rich families.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Snypomaniac said:

the hosts just not wanting to wait 40 seconds (!) because low MR guys don't have archwing ramps

Ah I see. You should have stated this example as host migration from the start to avoid confusion. Yes, those host migration is quite considered trolling but as there is no way to avoid genuine host migration due to dc etc, there is still no good solution. Only good solution is for DE to host all games.

Monsters(trolls) don't appear out of nowhere, they were created (unintentionally by DE)

3 hours ago, (PS4)Snypomaniac said:

Yes, sometimes the host is disconnected or has another viable reason to leave; but this is rare.

I think we all could bear with these occasional losses of rewards for the sake of not having to migrate every 3rd or 4th game on the plains...

So simple as that. (?)

So pretty much allow 2 people to hold the host hostage for as long as they want because if the host ever leaves then they'll lose all of their rewards for the bounty while the other people goof off and go mining/fishing with absolutely nothing that the host can do?

Sorry but I fail to see how that would be beneficial in any way when you're just handing a tool to trolls.

The simple fact is that not everyone wants to extract from the plains when a bounty is over.  Some people actually like sticking around after a T5 bounty because of the higher level Grineer and do random incursions at that level.
And now the host isn't given the option to leave either because if the host leaves it'll cause a migration and they'll lose everything.

I've already posted my idea on a similar thread:

No, they added being able to leave because the plains are an environment where people want to stay for different amounts of time. Done with the bounty, why not go fishing? Or do some Incursions? It allows for a lot better experience in general and definitely should NOT be removed or penalized.

But what you said still needs to be fixed. I several times wanted to punch people because they apparently couldn't wait the 20 seconds the others would have needed to get to the gate and caused a host migration and me to faceplant from archwing about 50m from the gate.

What I would suggest:

• People who are not the host can leave immediately
  • When the host wants to leave he triggers an automatic warning message to all and a one or better two minute countdown until the host migration occurs. So everybody can prepare, extract or intentionally leave themselves to cut down their inconvenience. That would also stop people from trying to save a few seconds by leaving at the end of bounties and screwing over everybody else...