The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spawns are so horrendous with solo bounties that it should be a bug

nokinoks

Besides the usual bugs in bounties, I've noticed that soloing is almost not viable as there is always that 20% chance that you will have a mission involving a time limit and the necessity to kill things that will also involve something underground. The spawn rate during these normal missions (liberate and control or exterminate) are already just alright but when something underground is involved it just increases your chance to fail simply because you need to kill 2 enemies from 200 meters away then go underground for 400 meters then go back to kill 2 enemies and so on. Today I just got a prompt to go 800 meters away. It's ridiculous. Yes I failed that bounty, 5 minutes going back and forth from location to location up and down some hole just isn't doable. I don't think the game accounts for vertical distance. This is just sad. So I have to always do group bounties, for the most part I'm fine with that, but if you make solo bounties an option then shouldn't it be viable? I wasn't the one who made that option available. Also sometimes you just want to do solo bounties, but then a @(*()$ cave appears and you're #*($%%@ 50% of the time.

Must be RNG. I have a 90+% clearence ratio, even when i'm solo.

You just have to move a lot more and think quicker, sicne you can't split up.

Then again, it's a team-game. So... yeah, running solo is supposed to be harder.

I can usually win too but I do wish the spawn rate would be faster solo.   I always kind of wanted this as an option menu thing were you can turn on or off solo scaling.  Meaning if you turn off Solo scaling then when you go in by yourself you get the same number of enemies as if you had four people.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

1 hour ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I can usually win too but I do wish the spawn rate would be faster solo.   I always kind of wanted this is an option menu thing were you can turn on or off solo scaling.  Meaning if you turn off Solo scaling then when you go in by yourself you get the same number of enemies as if you had four people.

Solo Scaling Option is a good idea.

I've never encountered bad spawns in solo bounties except in the "Control" bounty around caves, mostly because it seems like Spawns bounce between spawning in caves & outside of it.

otherwise I've never felt like the spawns were horrible.

giving us an option to increase spawns in solo would be a much welcomed change, I enjoy solo most of the time but when it comes to farming, nothing beats the spawn rate of a 4 man squad, A way to change spawns for solo would allow people who want to farm in solo to be able to. but in a way that wouldn't eliminate the reason to go into 4 man squads.

Maybe it is just RNG, but yeah when a cave is involved I'm usually #*!%ed. I use high mobility frames but really when these caves show up, you basically have a 50/50 chance of failing due to spawn. Also once the enemies meant for me chased the eidolon, welp, good luck and good bye. Wasted another 20 minutes.

Strictly solo player here, never had any particular issues with bounties outside of bugs every now and then. If I'm appropriately geared out for the bounty level, it's never impossible to beat it. Moving between locations is easier with archwing of course but even on foot it's rarely a problem. So unless I misunderstood something in OP, I'm not sure what the problem is.

On 3/9/2018 at 12:07 AM, nokinoks said:

Besides the usual bugs in bounties, I've noticed that soloing is almost not viable as there is always that 20% chance that you will have a mission involving a time limit and the necessity to kill things that will also involve something underground. The spawn rate during these normal missions (liberate and control or exterminate) are already just alright but when something underground is involved it just increases your chance to fail simply because you need to kill 2 enemies from 200 meters away then go underground for 400 meters then go back to kill 2 enemies and so on. Today I just got a prompt to go 800 meters away. It's ridiculous. Yes I failed that bounty, 5 minutes going back and forth from location to location up and down some hole just isn't doable. I don't think the game accounts for vertical distance. This is just sad. So I have to always do group bounties, for the most part I'm fine with that, but if you make solo bounties an option then shouldn't it be viable? I wasn't the one who made that option available. Also sometimes you just want to do solo bounties, but then a @(*()$ cave appears and you're #*($%%@ 50% of the time.

i just run all bounties as ash never really use my weapons and by all bounties i mean all of the bounties 1-5

Edited by hellodownthere

2 hours ago, Siilk said:

Strictly solo player here, never had any particular issues with bounties outside of bugs every now and then. If I'm appropriately geared out for the bounty level, it's never impossible to beat it. Moving between locations is easier with archwing of course but even on foot it's rarely a problem. So unless I misunderstood something in OP, I'm not sure what the problem is.

It's not really between locations if by that you mean from one mission to another, it's from inside the cave then going to the surface then being sent to another place. but really it's with the caves. Like I've said I was made to go 800 meters away to kill a few grineer then made me go back. It's not even gear really, just when caves are involved, it just gives me a flat chance to fail the bounty due to the time limit and the moving involved between enemies. (also yeah, they chased the eidolon once, that really sucked)

On 3/11/2018 at 6:44 PM, nokinoks said:

It's not really between locations if by that you mean from one mission to another, it's from inside the cave then going to the surface then being sent to another place. but really it's with the caves. Like I've said I was made to go 800 meters away to kill a few grineer then made me go back. It's not even gear really, just when caves are involved, it just gives me a flat chance to fail the bounty due to the time limit and the moving involved between enemies. (also yeah, they chased the eidolon once, that really sucked)

Hm... Never had any mission targets spawn in a cave... Had a ghoul I needed to kill who spawned underground and stayed there(can't decide if he was too smart to fight a tenno or too stupid to figure out how to dig out), but that's another story. Caves though... Could that be a bug? What kind of mission was that?

6 hours ago, Siilk said:

Hm... Never had any mission targets spawn in a cave... Had a ghoul I needed to kill who spawned underground and stayed there(can't decide if he was too smart to fight a tenno or too stupid to figure out how to dig out), but that's another story. Caves though... Could that be a bug? What kind of mission was that?

Too stupid or too smart xD 

Usually the control an area mission or exterminate mission. Maybe I'm just unlucky :| But with the frequency, I should probably stay away from lottery tickets

16 hours ago, nokinoks said:

Too stupid or too smart xD 

Usually the control an area mission or exterminate mission. Maybe I'm just unlucky :| But with the frequency, I should probably stay away from lottery tickets

If it is actually is intentional to have mission objective spawn in a cave(which, in and of itself is not a bad thing in my opinion), any timers involved should be extended as it is indeed, harder to navigate a cave rather than just run(or even fly) around the planes.