The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unarmed Combat

RavingRoman

I've been trying to level up certain weapons lately by equipping nothing else. And one thing that sortie comes off a little weird is that warframe's can't seem to do anything if they have nothing equipped (Happens when you run out of ammo in the one weapon that you have) and they have no combat capability whatsoever whilst unarmed. Can we just have basic sparing moves and like 20 impact damage on bear fists of a warframe if ever they are caught unarmed? It's just weird to be standing around with my thumb in my mouth while trailers have shown a warframe is capable of fighting without a weapon.

Agreed, they could use the same "weapon" which is used during Zanuka Capture mission, where basically one can use fists.

Besides, it would be actually nice to break containers without having to shoot them open in Sortie missions with conditions such as "Rifle only"

Its actually already in the game. When you get caught by zanuka you'll be transported to a quick mission without anything equipped and you'll have to run around punching and kicking stuff till you find all your gear and abilities before extracting.

That said.. I don't think its really needed. If you somehow got caught cold turkey without weapons its your fault. Not by game design.

Just now, RavingRoman said:

But it's not meant as an alternative form of combat, just a method to stun and damage enemies ONLY while running away.

Mostly answered Inquizitor, breaking containers with bj works just fine.

About "alternative" combat: the only mission with weapon restriction is sotrie, where you can use operator in case you're out of ammo (not to mention that you obviously failed to prepare right ending up in such situation). If you intentionally choose not to take all three weapons on a mission, spent all the ammo and you don't have operator yet... well, that sounds like a good time to abort the mission.

1 minute ago, kambinks said:

Its actually already in the game. When you get caught by zanuka you'll be transported to a quick mission without anything equipped and you'll have to run around punching and kicking stuff till you find all your gear and abilities before extracting.

That said.. I don't think its really needed. If you somehow got caught cold turkey without weapons its your fault. Not by game design.

When you have bullet hoses, a lack of any ability to create a contingency plan on the spot is a fault of design. Yes, the punching in kicking is available in the Zanuka, capture mission, but is unnecessarily exclusive in that mission alone.

Not to mention, keeping this from being a thing is a hamper on possible content, like a chance for battling a rogue warframe, or a story segment where you are stripped of arms. Imagine a cutscene where you have to fight an NPC Loki hand to hand. 

1 minute ago, Syasob said:

Mostly answered Inquizitor, breaking containers with bj works just fine.

About "alternative" combat: the only mission with weapon restriction is sotrie, where you can use operator in case you're out of ammo (not to mention that you obviously failed to prepare right ending up in such situation). If you intentionally choose not to take all three weapons on a mission, spent all the ammo and you don't have operator yet... well, that sounds like a good time to abort the mission.

I know you can use your operator in those conditions like sorties, but let's face it; they're generally as tough as tissue paper. While preparation is the PRIME method (Had to do it) of going about sorties, alternatives should be present as well. And as I have mentioned before, it keeps a lot of creative restrictions that are unnecessary, Like a chance for battling a rogue warframe, or a story segment where you are stripped of arms. Imagine a cutscene where you have to fight an NPC Loki hand to hand. 

10 minutes ago, RavingRoman said:

When you have bullet hoses, a lack of any ability to create a contingency plan on the spot is a fault of design. Yes, the punching in kicking is available in the Zanuka, capture mission, but is unnecessarily exclusive in that mission alone.

Not to mention, keeping this from being a thing is a hamper on possible content, like a chance for battling a rogue warframe, or a story segment where you are stripped of arms. Imagine a cutscene where you have to fight an NPC Loki hand to hand. 

You can't claim "lack of contingency plan" when you intentionally bring one weapon and obviously unranked or not suitable at all for sortie level missions and call it fault by design. Especially when there are obvious solutions to the supposed fault like breaking crates. The games already dirt easy to level weapons on as well so don't really see a reason for this but it is the feedback section so carry on.

3 minutes ago, kambinks said:

You can't claim "lack of contingency plan" when you intentionally bring one weapon and obviously unranked or not suitable at all for sortie level missions and call it fault by design. Especially when there are obvious solutions to the supposed fault like breaking crates. The games already dirt easy to level weapons on as well so don't really see a reason for this but it is the feedback section so carry on.

Sortie Condition: Assault Rifle Only? Pretty sure that is not voluntary.

You can break creates with bullet jumping while a level 110 Bombard is trying to blast you with a homing missile? No, don't want an alternative method like I dunno, stunning it besides flying away from it and the ammo? That's how you get killed.

Offering alternatives is one of core reasons warframe excels. There is no harm in adding one more.

Edited by RavingRoman

vor 22 Minuten schrieb RavingRoman:

When you have bullet hoses, a lack of any ability to create a contingency plan on the spot is a fault of design. 

1.You have abilities.

2. You have consumables to regain ammo. (And Energy, see point 1)

3. You have consumables that deal damage, like Specters.

4.You can use your operator.

DE can give you as many alternatives as they want, if your are not able to think of them, it is NOT a faulty design, it's your fault for not thinking of those options.

Edited by Walkampf

1 minute ago, Walkampf said:

1.You have abilities.

2. You have consumables to regain ammo.

3. You have consumables that deal damage, like Specters.

4.You can use your operator.

DE can give you as many alternatives as they want, if your are not able to think of them, it is NOT a faulty design, it's your fault for not thinking of those options.

So why not have another alternative? Would it really damage any of those other options. Saying we already have options is not a good reason. Otherwise we would have far less than 30+ Warframes

Edited by RavingRoman

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Walkampf:

vor 1 Minute schrieb RavingRoman:

So why not have another alternative?

As i alrady wrote, it doesn't matter how many alternatives they implement, if you are not capable of thinking of those aside from '*DURR* me smash!'

5 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

As i alrady wrote, it doesn't matter how many alternatives they implement, if you are not capable of thinking of those aside from '*DURR* me smash!'

So you're saying it's stupid to use your fists and would probably break a warframe's hand?

Any player is fully capable but sometimes it's not the first thought that comes to mind, I'm just saying it's stupid to not be able to straight up punch something that is standing over or in between me and my ammo. 

Edited by RavingRoman

vor 5 Minuten schrieb RavingRoman:

So you're saying it's stupid to use your fists?

I'm not say it's stupid to use your fists, I'm saying you are to stupid to think of something else.

Edit:

P.S.

Yes, it is stupid to punch an armored robot with your bare fists, but that's just common logic.

Edited by Walkampf

1 minute ago, Walkampf said:

I'm not say it's stupid to use your fists, I'm saying you are to stupid to think of something else.

Wow, straight to being a $&*^. Hope your day gets better, grab a drink or some ice cream. It usually helps balance out the salt

Alternative choices is still something that is a core aspect to warframes including the nonsensical and gratifying "DURR me smash" Hello? We have Rhino for smashing.

Saying no simply because there are other options is not a valid reason, otherwise DE would have made far less warframes, and weapons that people loved so much because there are alternatives.

So in a sense, you're just stifling creativity.

43 minutes ago, RavingRoman said:

Don’t you have a sword? or another, smaller gun? As fun as kicking and punching sounds likes a fun way to mess around, there’s already a whole melee class for that, and I don’t want to run into Lenz squads who blast off their ammo immediately in spawn then bare foot kick grinneer to death in every mission. IT WILL BE IN EVERY MISSION. WE HAVE MELEE WEAPONS PLS

Edited by BigPapiPimp

vor 1 Minute schrieb RavingRoman:

Alternative choices is still something that is a core aspect to warframes including the nonsensical and gratifying "DURR me smash" Hello? We have Rhino for smashing.

Saying no simply because there are other options is not a valid reason, otherwise DE would have made far less warframes, and weapons that people loved so much because there are alternatives.

So in a sense, you're just stifling creativity.

As i already said two times....

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Walkampf:

It doesn't matter how many alternatives you give players, when they are just to dumb to think of anything aside from mashing a button.

Sorties with specific modifiers are forcing the players to get creative. They force people to think outside of your typical gameplay. Just adding melee mechanic on your standard melee button is not creativity, it's simplifying the gameplay, so that you don't need to change you playstyle...

You can equip max rank items so XP only goes to your non-max rank weapon/frame. So just equip a max ranked sword or something.

On the topic of unarmed combat, yes, that would be pretty cool; we do have fist weapons which kinda unarmed. :P

Edited by NuttiKrust

Just remembered that we have fishing spears! Why use your warframe's precious fists when you can kill a lvl 100 bombard with a fancy toothpick!

So we definitely need Nozam cutters to deal some damage, having more options never hurts! *cough*joke*cough*

22 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

As i already said two times....

It doesn't matter how many alternatives you give players, when they are just to dumb to think of anything aside from mashing a button.

Sorties with specific modifiers are forcing the players to get creative. They force people to think outside of your typical gameplay. Just adding melee mechanic on your standard melee button is not creativity, it's simplifying the gameplay, so that you don't need to change you playstyle...

You're acting like merely punching would be too effective and broken. A stun and gun is no different from bulletjumping, using powers, or switching to operator mode. The only difference is that it does little to no damage. Wait, you're one of those l337ists that say people with simpler solutions do not deserve warframes, aren't you? Now it makes sense. C'mon man, share the game.

22 minutes ago, NuttiKrust said:

You can equip max rank items so XP only goes to your non-max rank weapon/frame. So just equip a max ranked sword or something.

On the topic of unarmed combat, yes, that would be pretty cool; we do have fist weapons which kinda unarmed. :P

Nearly all my weapons have lenses on them, sadly. I need the affinity to focus on leveling up certain weapons

2 minutes ago, Syasob said:

Just remembered that we have fishing spears! Why use your warframe's precious fists when you can kill a lvl 100 bombard with a fancy toothpick!

So we definitely need Nozam cutters to deal some damage, having more options never hurts! *cough*joke*cough*

Always thought the Nozam cutter did deal damage. Just miniscule. Also I have tried using spears, hilarious but man is it not ideal for sorties. :crylaugh:

Edited by RavingRoman

On 3/13/2018 at 11:49 AM, RavingRoman said:

You're acting like merely punching would be too effective and broken. A stun and gun is no different from bulletjumping, using powers, or switching to operator mode. The only difference is that it does little to no damage. Wait, you're one of those l337ists that say people with simpler solutions do not deserve warframes, aren't you? Now it makes sense. C'mon man, share the game.

Nearly all my weapons have lenses on them, sadly. I need the affinity to focus on leveling up certain weapons

Then I think, right now, your best bet is either to level a new non-lensed melee weapon, or remove a lens from a weapon you don't mind not having lensed. :)

Edited by NuttiKrust
Cannot remove a lens.