Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rushing: Why Bother Playing If You Are Just Going To Rush Through?

LikeAFujin

(Picture relevant)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=431891006924670&set=a.363551700425268.1073741828.361728310607607&type=1&theater

I have been playing Warframe since closed beta and frankly it is still a pain to play online and have people try and get through the levels in record time, flipping, dodging and leaving all the enemies for those who didn't rush to deal with. 

I think that level design might have to be changed to reduce the urge or ability to rush through any given level. When people just rush ahead and skip everything, it gives a real "lone wolf" sort of feel to the game like everyone is looking out for themselves and frankly that is the exact opposite of what Warframe is all about. 

Edited by LikeAFujin

I could be in the minority but don't you feel that you are missing the point of the game when you jet through the level? 

I understand however why you rush and thats understandable 

Rushing happens mostly because people aren't given an incentive to explore (other than mats). IMO, I notice people only rushing generally with a boss (rush for BPs) or alerts/unliked missions (spy...) But yeah, rushing should be done solo, or with a premade group.

Sometimes i wonder why ppl take so long to go through map when i usually go in front, need to clear every room solo yet rest of my team cant catch up...ofc they complain that im rushing even though they make 5% of my kills and same amount of dmg. 

Because after 12 hours of running a boss for that last blueprint killing any enemy but the boss feels like a waste of bullets. Really its just peoples preference. Whenever a new tileset comes out I take my time to go through the level and explore its new stuff but once you've been through a grineer galleon once you've been through them all. If there was more variety to the tilesets and more to the game then need resources->grind for them or want frame->grind for it, or X going on->do X. Rushing is just the fastest way to complete objectives. 

Well, I'm not rushing and had problems with rushers from the whole beginning of this game (for me, I'm not very old in it).

Everyone I discussed it with didn't have any good answers. The funniest time it was when I went with one dude on raid void, he rushed to artifact, rushed to LZ and then... asked if we should wander a bit cause he is low on money. Man, that was freaking hilarious.

Well, haven't seen him rushing again. Looks like sometimes people simply don't think about it.

I thought the point of the game is feeling like a superpowered spaceninja. Rushing past flabbergasted enemies while using parkour gives me exactly this feeling.

As it stands, rushing is also the most efficient way to play the game.

Edited by 101blubb

Because there is no incentive to explore in the map itself. The only incentive to play a mission is the end reward (boss, alert etc)

Material gathering is most efficient on defense type missions (especially after this last update). It also still ties into the goal of the mission defend the point for 5 waves, check your reward, rinse and repeat. Thus, very efficient.

Credits? Void runs are still the best to get credits and that's from the completion reward.

A true incentive to explore would be a true treasure point. Some area on the map that has a chest or something that can give loads of mods, bps, etc.

As of right now, there is no point in taking in the scenery.

Because there is no incentive to explore in the map itself. The only incentive to play a mission is the end reward (boss, alert etc)

Material gathering is most efficient on defense type missions (especially after this last update). It also still ties into the goal of the mission defend the point for 5 waves, check your reward, rinse and repeat. Thus, very efficient.

Credits? Void runs are still the best to get credits and that's from the completion reward.

A true incentive to explore would be a true treasure point. Some area on the map that has a chest or something that can give loads of mods, bps, etc.

As of right now, there is no point in taking in the scenery.

Void vaults is such area yet ppl have s***loads of mods already and doesnt need to hunt it anymore.

(Picture relevant)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=431891006924670&set=a.363551700425268.1073741828.361728310607607&type=1&theater

I have been playing Warframe since closed beta and frankly it is still a pain to play online and have people try and get through the levels in record time, flipping, dodging and leaving all the enemies for those who didn't rush to deal with. 

I think that level design might have to be changed to reduce the urge or ability to rush through any given level. When people just rush ahead and skip everything, it gives a real "lone wolf" sort of feel to the game like everyone is looking out for themselves and frankly that is the exact opposite of what Warframe is all about. 

Different people enjoy the game for different reasons. Some people play it for the speed and mobility that aren't present in every other game with guns. To each there own, both sides are wrong for expecting everyone to conform the their definition of fun. These arguments have been going on forever now.

Its sound, that you are not at this point doing the same Content...

again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again...

But it MAY lead sometime to the wish, to get over with things as fast as possible...

Basically rushing levels, that you already cleared thousands of times is just an approach of natural optimisation your gametime....

The only interesting Element so far is the Stalker attacking...i wish they would do more of that...

Edited by TenStorms

Void vaults is such area yet ppl have s***loads of mods already and doesnt need to hunt it anymore.

And that is true because the mod list is bloated with useless crap and everyone already hunted down the essentials.

If DE could make good mods or add the chance of bp drops in the Vaults then we're going in the right direction to reduce rushing.

And that is true because the mod list is bloated with useless crap and everyone already hunted down the essentials.

If DE could make good mods or add the chance of bp drops in the Vaults then we're going in the right direction to reduce rushing.

... which, once again, boils down to giving us an incentive.

Why not read any of the 2915649 other threads crying about the same thing instead of creating another one?

You're playing a game about ninjas, deal with the speed or get out. Gotta go fast.

On the more serious note: If you go online stick with group if you can't keep up don't cry, if you rush ahead you're a $&*^ and have no right to complain when you F*** up and die or wait for other players at extraction. If you want to go your way go solo.

I could be in the minority but don't you feel that you are missing the point of the game when you jet through the level? 

I understand however why you rush and thats understandable 

I have the option of rushing, and I do it sometimes. My point is that I play at whatever pace I feel like, and that includes going through levels slowly as well.

What is the point of the game, if you don't mind? What do I need to stop and see that I didn't see 600 times already? I tend to stop and look at new maps. I explore all the nooks and crannies I can find in the Void and the new Grineer tile sets. I tend to kill all the enemies I run into. But sometimes I just want to get to the end due to the reward. You're right in saying that there's a game to play, and I do. But alerts with rewards don't count to me. I'm not there to kill all 250 guys in the level. I'm there to get a guaranteed resource, or blueprint I don't have. I don't need to make sure I kill every heavy gunner.

Rush the boss. Always. Of course, This means that whenever I hit a boss for the first time, it's a bit problematic. Of course, I could just grab a few clanners to help with said boss. They'll probably want the mat anyway.

I know this - I rush because I'm REALLY sick of farming res. It's FUN to run through levels like a very violent hurricane that managed to suck in a munitions shop, and I would not support having it removed. If you don't like rushers, find some clan or find some friends to play with, then make sure they know you are playing to farm.

Probably it would have such effect until ppl got everything they need from void, then again it will be rush for forma.