Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnetize and Miter

Anthraxicus

So, I was fooling around the other day, trying different combinations of weapon builds to work with Magnetize and I found something weird with the Miter.

The Lanka, as expected, is absolutely brutal. Even a build with only 2 dual stats mods and nothing more can obliterate multiple lvl 125 Corrupted Heavy Gunners with only one shot...it is just insane. The projectile hits everything multiple times, proc'ing Gas all over the place and shreds everything. On the other hand, I was triying the Miter and I noticed the blade is just spinning inside the bubble, not actually doing anything. It doesn't hit enemies multiple times, doesn't proc status more than once and it is struggling to kill anything even with a good riven.

So, maybe I am missing something and I am asking someone good at testing stuff to see whether it is working as intended or not.

Edited by Anthraxicus

So my theory is that the magnetize is similar to Limbo's stasis, it is stated in the wiki that it will redirect any bullet or projectile that is fired within the bubble. So the struggling to kill might just be bad mods or not charged enough. Otherwise, I don't know, there are times when weapons suddenly drop in damage so maybe that happened to you. the status chance of the Miter is 25% and then well it does have innate punch through it's not the greatest.

16 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

So, I was fooling around the other day, trying different combinations of weapon builds to work with Magnetize and I found something weird with the Miter.

The Lanka, as expected, is absolutely brutal. Even a build with only 2 dual stats mods and nothing more can obliterate multiple lvl 125 Corrupted Heavy Gunners with only one shot...it is just insane. The projectile hits everything multiple times, proc'ing Gas all over the place and shreds everything. On the other hand, I was triying the Miter and I noticed the blade is just spinning inside the bubble, not actually doing anything. It doesn't hit enemies multiple times, doesn't proc status more than once and it is struggling to kill anything even with a good riven.

So, maybe I am missing something and I am asking someone good at testing stuff to see whether it is working as intended or not.

the lankas shots have inate punchthrough which makes them deal thier damage inside magnetise multiple times, did you use the miters charged shots? also  big part of it as well is the angle you shoot your blades into the magnetise. also some tips, probably the best weapons for magnetise and charging it or decimating everything inside it, torid, mara detron, pox, zarr, secura penta(withought tether grenades), boltors (either telos or prime), miter (with augment to stop nulifiers, zenistar, sarpa or redeermer as they can shoot through magnetise if you need to

il y a 6 minutes, YandereWaifu a dit :

the lankas shots have inate punchthrough which makes them deal thier damage inside magnetise multiple times, did you use the miters charged shots? also  big part of it as well is the angle you shoot your blades into the magnetise. also some tips, probably the best weapons for magnetise and charging it or decimating everything inside it, torid, mara detron, pox, zarr, secura penta(withought tether grenades), boltors (either telos or prime), miter (with augment to stop nulifiers, zenistar, sarpa or redeermer as they can shoot through magnetise if you need to

You forgot some of the best weapons to mix with Magnetize:

Dera (more because it's a personal fav though) and the all mighty Supra (and Vandal variants for both). I tried my half-builded Supra V (no augment, barely Serration+Split Chamber R4 I think+High Voltage+Malignent Force+Shred/Metal Auger, don't remember) with a Duration/Range build (barely 40% Strenght) on my Mag and it melted lvl 140 Bombards and Heavy Gunners before I could use half the magazine. 

Haven't tried with the Miter though, but since it has innate PT on charged shots, it doesn't really make sense to me that it wouldn't work well with Magnetize. It might be a bug (I hope so), but I might craft another one to see for myself if it works or not. 

43 minutes ago, YandereWaifu said:

This is the build I am using for testing

zlA2zmK.jpg?2

There is more than enough punchthrough. The blade deals the initial damage, procs bleed once and keep spinning inside the bubble without doing anything else.

As you can see in the image below, the blade is still there, meaning punchthrough isn't the problem.

J6YVxSW.jpg?1

Edit: The Lanka is so brutal  that it can actually kill two groups of 8 lvl 125 Corrupted Heavy Gunners with a single shot.

Edited by Anthraxicus

1 hour ago, Anthraxicus said:

This is the build I am using for testing

zlA2zmK.jpg?2

There is more than enough punchthrough. The blade deals the initial damage, procs bleed once and keep spinning inside the bubble without doing anything else.

As you can see in the image below, the blade is still there, meaning punchthrough isn't the problem.

J6YVxSW.jpg?1

Edit: The Lanka is so brutal  that it can actually kill two groups of 8 lvl 125 Corrupted Heavy Gunners with a single shot.

nice build and yea its probably bugged then, if i were to suggest an edit to your build id likely remove metal auger, charged shots already have alot of punch through maybe pop and elemental or 120% slash mod?

this vid shows how miter and mag "should" work

Edited by YandereWaifu

6 minutes ago, YandereWaifu said:

nice build and yea its probably bugged then, if i were to suggest an edit to your build id likely remove metal auger, charged shots already have alot of punch through maybe pop and elemental or 120% slash mod?

Well, I was using a lot of punchthrough for testing purposes. I'd rather put heavy caliber though, to increase base damage and, as consequence, bleed procs. But since the Miter doesn't seem to be working properly with Magnetize, whether because of a bug or intended, I don't know if I will keep bothering myself with it.

Anyway, should I report this as a bug?

Edited by Anthraxicus

3 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

Well, I was using a lot of punchthrough for testing purposes. I'd rather put heavy caliber though, to increase base damage and, as consequence, bleed procs. But since the Miter doesn't seem to be working properly with Magnetize, whether because of a bug or intended, I don't know if I will keep bothering myself with it.

you probably should, would also help if you made a vid so they could compare and see 

16 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

I haven't tested lately, but I tried this combination about half a year ago.

From what I recall, I remember seeing the blade whirl around once or twice, and then disappear, while only doing damage on the first hit, just as you are seeing.  I haven't tested it again lately to see if anything has changed.

• 2 months later...

So, I've been doing some further testing and discovered that some other weapons are suffering from the same problem.

Supra

Spoiler

5kyRa1o.jpg?1

XrAlA9X.jpg?1

As you can see, despite the bullets still flying around the HG's head, it does no further damage. If it dies and you spawn another enemy on the same place, each bullet will hit the new HG only once and so on.

The same goes for Dera Vandal

Spoiler

NHIsVS9.jpg?1

RI61tU5.jpg?1

I've even tested with bows. Although it is hard to hit the same enemy multiple times, Dread can do it until it doesn't have enough punch-through and will stick to one enemy.....which will spin inside the bubble at an insane speed and eventually fly off the map along with the arrow, which is quite funny to see.

Spoiler

egJNhrA.jpg?1

Other weapons do seem to be able to hit more than once, like Hema, Cernos Prime, Akbolto and Drakgoon (which is worse now with lower projectile TTL and is hard to see). Lanka still works best, as the projectile doesn't disappear even after hitting everything multiple times. Also, based on the wiki, if a weapon has enough punch-through to go through one enemy, it should go through any number of enemies of the same type, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Only some weapons can do it (Miter being one of them), while other projectiles will disappear after hitting 3 or 4 enemies.

My theory is that even though you put PT to miter it dont have enough flight speed to get out of the center. I think cause it stay inside target that make it hit only 1. The reason lanka hit much more than other gun cause it high flight speed.

11 hours ago, kusanagikyo said:

My theory is that even though you put PT to miter it dont have enough flight speed to get out of the center. I think cause it stay inside target that make it hit only 1. The reason lanka hit much more than other gun cause it high flight speed.

Nope. I changed my energy color to red so you can easily spot the blade. 

qgbONeN.jpg

Also, as I mentioned in the previous post, even arrows can do it, so there is no reason the Miter, Supra, Dera and Detron can't do the same.

Edited by Anthraxicus