Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Excalibur's 3rd ability

InappropriateName534099

I come mean come on man let's face it, what's the point of Excal's Radial Javelin? It hardly even does damage. All it can really do that's good is blind enemies for a shorter time than Radial Blind. What's the point of having two of basically the same abilities anyway? I say you switch one out. Make his ability like some anime type stuff where he swings his Exalted Blade fast af. Or could you make it towards there's like swords all spinning around him and cutting enemies that come his way? It doesn't have to be any of my ideas, but can you at least give him a COOL ability besides Exalted Blade? Could you like make him a frame that's actually supportive to the team and people don't rage at you for using him in lvl 100 sorties? It would also be cool if it was Excalibur Umbra instead with better abilities, but i'm just giving suggestions

31 minutes ago, InappropriateName534099 said:

Make his ability like some anime type stuff where he swings his Exalted Blade fast af.

Slash Dash does this, and the mods SURGING DASH and STRETCH make so you can attack in a wider area and keep your combo counter. Not to mention when you have FURY equipped it goes even faster. ALSO the full gladiator set, BODY COUNT or DRIFTING CONTACT certainly make it super powerful. The mods basically turn Slash Dash into what you are describing, and the warframe ASH does this as its Warframe ability.

Try this, DISPATCH OVERDRIVE and then FURY and then QUICKENING and also GLADIATOR VICE for weapon or something with a melee counter like BODY COUNT or DRIFTING CONTACT, on Excalibur put on SURGING DASH and and you'll have your anime slasher super star. If you want to go EVEN FASTER THAN THAT you can put on NATURAL TALENT and SPEED DRIFT. I'm pretty sure though with this build I move so fast I can't even see.

5 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Excalibur is geared towards melee like Valkyr, Wukong etc.. Radial Javalin Augment [Furious Javalin] increases his melee damage which becomes a good utility

Yeah but unlike Excalibur, Valkyr is tanky as hell and Wukong can literally be immortal. But Excalibur's health is so weak. I've even tried building up his Armor AND health but he still takes so much damage. Besides, When did you last see ANYONE use radial javelin? It's useless and it should be swapped

21 minutes ago, InappropriateName534099 said:

Yeah but unlike Excalibur, Valkyr is tanky as hell and Wukong can literally be immortal. But Excalibur's health is so weak. I've even tried building up his Armor AND health but he still takes so much damage. Besides, When did you last see ANYONE use radial javelin? It's useless and it should be swapped

Yea.. Excalibur Prime isn't possible.. And hes a starter frame.. Just like weapons there seems to be a hierarchy.. 

But he does have a instant blind ability.. Try using [Quick Thinking] [Arcane Guardian] [Arcane Ultimatum]

35 minutes ago, InappropriateName534099 said:

Radial Javelin kills everything around you in a wide radius for quite a chunk of the star chart... At higher levels its natural that abilities don't OHK, as enemies being alive for longer generally means they get more opportunity to deal damage and thus are "more difficult". You will find this fairly consistent with most other 1,2 and 3 abilities for a lot of other frames.

Generally speaking, every single warframe has powers which are less useful in certain situations. I also don't see many Valkyrs doing ripline trick jumps, should we remove ripline from valkyr too? As for Wukong, I can't even remember what any of his other abilities are besides the Immortality button.

Valkyr, whilst being tanky as hell, cannot Radial Blind (undeniably useful for you, team mates, objectives, etc), nor is Hysteria anywhere close to the killing power of condition overload exalted blade with Chromatic Blade, nor can it cleave as effectively. Valkyr cannot AoE nuke level 30s in a wide area, and ripline is not exactly as easy to use as slash dash. Valkyr may not die very often, but her toolkit is much more limited than Excalibros.

Edited by aNNomaNd3r

8 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Yea.. Excalibur Prime isn't possible.. And hes a starter frame.. Just like weapons there seems to be a hierarchy.. 

But he does have a instant blind ability.. Try using [Quick Thinking] [Arcane Guardian] [Arcane Ultimatum]

Ok? No one really said anything about Excalibur Prime if that's what you thought I meant by a different version of him. And so what if he's a starter frame? Let's not forget Loki used to be a starter frame and he's op as hell. Volt and Mag are starters and they don't even take as much damage as excal does.

41 minutes ago, InappropriateName534099 said:

Ok? No one really said anything about Excalibur Prime if that's what you thought I meant by a different version of him. And so what if he's a starter frame? Let's not forget Loki used to be a starter frame and he's op as hell. Volt and Mag are starters and they don't even take as much damage as excal does.

Well prime versions are usually buffs to Armor/Health/Shields/Energy.. Theres a Volt, Mag, and Loki Prime ( Unvaulted at that ) but your out of luck on any chance to get Excalibur Prime which would increase Armor/Health/Shields/Energy 

Warframe powers seem to justify for Armor/Health/Shields/Energy.. Like Original Loki only has 225 Shield / 225 Health / 65 Armor / Energy 225.. Prime version difference is only Energy 262.. But hes got spammable Invisibility and a Disarming ability..

Excalibur has a on demand spammable radial blind.. but has 300 Health / 300 Shields / 225 Armor /150 Energy.. No way of obtaining Prime version..

Then theres arguments on how low Tier weapons (like say.. Braton Prime) should be viable in high level missions.. But like Warframes, progression thru the game you obtain more weapons and Warframes.. So me saying Excalibur is a starter frame (like Braton) suggest there is a hierarchy system.. And again i'll say there is no way to get Excalibur Prime.. But you can get Volt, Mag, and Loki Prime..

But maybe thats just it.. you should spam radial blind more.. :shocked: Or use faster movement speed..

Reduce the base damage of his 3, make it scale with melee mods like his 1 and 4. Bam you have a good AoE clearing ability. Casting it while his 4 is active could also increase it's damage just like his 1. Excal has the highest DPS potential of any exalted melee when using Chromatic Blade with Condition Overload and blinded enemy stealth multiplier. He is a DPS frame with a quick CC ability. Adding some more damage won't break him anymore than he can already be, it would just add variety to how he would deal damage. 

17 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Excalibur is geared towards melee like Valkyr, Wukong etc.. Radial Javalin Augment [Furious Javalin] increases his melee damage which becomes a good utility

If they just rolled this into the base ability I would be happy

How about start by giving him actual javelins rather than little energy swords? Or instead rebirth the whole thing, I say we have the name changed to Lance Thrust and Excal summons an actual lance and charges forward through enemies for big, moddable puncture damage, using it with Exalted blade consumes extra energy but shoots out four energy lances from Excal on activation, each traveling the same distance as Excal's charge.

But as cools as that sounds I'd almost prefer something else for Excal though, maybe give him summonable knight armor or something.

Edited by (XB1)naruto1171