Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Shadows/Soul Punch

Grimmstyler

Soul Punch is sorta showing its age. Sure it is useful as a single target disable with the occasional hilarious ragdoll physics, but like Terrify it serves to throw potential loot to the far side of the room. It doesn't do much but delay both yours and your target's death, while hardly synergizing with the rest of Nekros' kit.

My ideal Soul Punch 2.0 would have it become integral to Nekros' gameplay, as a way to command Shadows to focus-fire/prioritize certain enemies, and make it easier for Nekros to gather potential servants.

• Similar to Titania's Tribute, Soul Punch now separates the soul of the target while the body ragdolls away.
  • The body is drawn to the soul, so when the enemy gets back up it will beeline for its stationary soul, ignoring everything else and not attacking until the two rejoin.
  • The soul is linked to the body via a spectral tether. Any damage dealt to the soul is amplified by 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% and transferred to the body.
  • Shadows will prioritize attacking souls in range. A Shadow will heal itself back to full health if it lands the killing blow on a soul.
  • When the enemy is killed, its soul disappears and adds that enemy to potential Shadows of the Dead summon list.
  • Soul Punch can be cast on a Shadow to make it explode.

Damage transferred accounts for the armor reduction on Terrified enemies. With this version of Soul Punch you can snapshot an enemy's soul in place even if it is Terrified and running away from you, go for the headshots on the soul (kinda like Harrow's Condemn) and quickly add specific targets to your summon list by killing them faster with your weapons or let your Shadows do the reaping for you.

7 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Soul Punch is sorta showing its age. Sure it is useful as a single target disable with the occasional hilarious ragdoll physics, but like Terrify it serves to throw potential loot to the far side of the room. It doesn't do much but delay both yours and your target's death, while hardly synergizing with the rest of Nekros' kit.

My ideal Soul Punch 2.0 would have it become integral to Nekros' gameplay, as a way to command Shadows to focus-fire/prioritize certain enemies, and make it easier for Nekros to gather potential servants.

• Similar to Titania's Tribute, Soul Punch now separates the soul of the target while the body ragdolls away.
  • The body is drawn to the soul, so when the enemy gets back up it will beeline for its stationary soul, ignoring everything else and not attacking until the two rejoin.
  • The soul is linked to the body via a spectral tether. Any damage dealt to the soul is amplified by 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% and transferred to the body.
  • Shadows will prioritize attacking souls in range. A Shadow will heal itself back to full health if it lands the killing blow on a soul.
  • When the enemy is killed, its soul disappears and adds that enemy to potential Shadows of the Dead summon list.
  • Soul Punch can be cast on a Shadow to make it explode.

Damage transferred accounts for the armor reduction on Terrified enemies. With this version of Soul Punch you can snapshot an enemy's soul in place even if it is Terrified and running away from you, go for the headshots on the soul (kinda like Harrow's Condemn) and quickly add specific targets to your summon list by killing them faster with your weapons or let your Shadows do the reaping for you.

I like that.

But i dont like:

The Shadows prioritizing the Soul Punched Shadow because the Soul Punched enemy could die far away from Desacrate..   (:laugh: Soul Separating Power Cell dudes in excavate could be annoying for others and having to fetch)

Shadows not targeting other enemies in radius.. could not draw fire from enemies in radius? (Shadows would mostly huddle around the Soul Punched Shadow narrowing CC)

Or that it could be spammable.. (I mean multiple Soul Separation is just OP)

Or is it taking away from spamming Soul Punch? Then if you could still Soul Punch with just doing 1 enemy Soul Seperation.. Would it still do that BS rag doll? 

But its definitely worthy of turning a 1st ability into an experienced higher level ability

13 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

I like that.

But i dont like:

The Shadows prioritizing the Soul Punched Shadow because the Soul Punched enemy could die far away from Desacrate..   (:laugh: Soul Separating Power Cell dudes in excavate could be annoying for others and having to fetch)

Shadows not targeting other enemies in radius.. could not draw fire from enemies in radius? (Shadows would mostly huddle around the Soul Punched Shadow narrowing CC)

Or that it could be spammable.. (I mean multiple Soul Separation is just OP)

Or is it taking away from spamming Soul Punch? Then if you could still Soul Punch with just doing 1 enemy Soul Seperation.. Would it still do that BS rag doll? 

But its definitely worthy of turning a 1st ability into an experienced higher level ability

True. In that case, lets swap the thing being punched far away. The body will stay motionless where the enemy was last at when you Soul Punched him, and his soul would be expelled away in a ragdoll, get up, and try to run back to the body.

The soul still takes more damage than the body would, and you have option to hit both of them to do extra damage to that same enemy. That way, the body doesn't go anywhere, so if the enemy dies Desecrate would convert it into loot right where you want it.

As for Shadows, they have a higher threat level than players, so any other enemies nearby would attack them on sight (unless there's an objective that overrides that threat level). It also helps keep Shadows from wandering away, as souls draw them to an area where they'll try to dispatch those priority enemies... since souls are drawn to their bodies, they'll lead your Shadows right back to those enemies' waiting bodies.

I would think that this being spammable isn't that big a deal. Looking at Titania again for example, her Spellbind costs 25 energy for an AoE CC that makes enemies float away... really this soul/body idea for Soul Punch draws inspiration from Spellbind as much as it does Tribute. Did you know that Spellbind enemies drop their weapons and after they stop floating they have to run back to retrieve their weapons before they can use their attack again? Titania does this to multiple enemies with ease for the same cost of a single target Soul Punch, so I think this wouldn't be overpowered.

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

True. In that case, lets swap the thing being punched far away. The body will stay motionless where the enemy was last at when you Soul Punched him, and his soul would be expelled away in a ragdoll, get up, and try to run back to the body.

The soul still takes more damage than the body would, and you have option to hit both of them to do extra damage to that same enemy. That way, the body doesn't go anywhere, so if the enemy dies Desecrate would convert it into loot right where you want it.

As for Shadows, they have a higher threat level than players, so any other enemies nearby would attack them on sight (unless there's an objective that overrides that threat level). It also helps keep Shadows from wandering away, as souls draw them to an area where they'll try to dispatch those priority enemies... since souls are drawn to their bodies, they'll lead your Shadows right back to those enemies' waiting bodies.

I would think that this being spammable isn't that big a deal. Looking at Titania again for example, her Spellbind costs 25 energy for an AoE CC that makes enemies float away... really this soul/body idea for Soul Punch draws inspiration from Spellbind as much as it does Tribute. Did you know that Spellbind enemies drop their weapons and after they stop floating they have to run back to retrieve their weapons before they can use their attack again? Titania does this to multiple enemies with ease for the same cost of a single target Soul Punch, so I think this wouldn't be overpowered.

That sounds better but why not the soul just hover outside the body for a while (like in a shocked state)? I mean look at Harrows 1st ability condemn.. (Its a spammable 1st ability at low energy cost! way more powerful than the usual Warframe Ultimate ability in a non-DPS sense)

Nekro is the best Warframe IMO.. hes got Terrify, Desacrate and Shadows.. Although modding a [despoil] and [Creeping Terrify] on a single build doesnt seem to collaborate well without sacrificing other potential stats to other abilities or the frame itself..

IMHO Soul Punch should shoot out Orbs from the target you're punching like Oberon's 1 does, and you should be able to target your own shadows with it, so you always have something nearby to trigger an explosion.

And of course terrify should lock targets cowering in place, not running away - something you basically never want in Warframe.

13 hours ago, AetherMcLoud said:

IMHO Soul Punch should shoot out Orbs from the target you're punching like Oberon's 1 does, and you should be able to target your own shadows with it, so you always have something nearby to trigger an explosion.

And of course terrify should lock targets cowering in place, not running away - something you basically never want in Warframe.

Terrify would be nice if enemies fumbled their weapons in place (like Mags [Counter Pulse] or Banshee's Silence)

Edited by Grimmstyler

I think they should change soul punch so that it homes in on enemies that are experiencing fear, make it do slash damage and change the mod so that maybe it can add a few zombies from the enemies it kills (in addition to shadows) and that would make his abilities synergize better. Soul punch could move through maybe like 3 or 4 enemies before it has to be recast so it's not necessarily going to clear rooms. As far as enemies that haven't been terrified go soul punch could just act as it does now. Though I'm not a huge fan of launching enemies away like it does, I'd prefer they'd get rid of it but that's just me.

16 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Thinking Soul Punching a Shadow should add some sort of radial decay on enemies.. And despawn a undesired shadow

I like this and looks like something i requested here:

but instead of a punch i would make it a decay ability that on death transfers to nearby enemies dealing damage and synergizing with nekros kit since Nekros  struggles doing damage  on early levels  also i think it fits the nekros trailer and the necromancer concept better.