Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Onslaught + Focus

LuinCeltchar

Please don't tie focus to the new mission type. Onslaught looks super fun, but Eidolons give more than enough focus if you want to grind it out. I want a reason to play Onslaught, but I'll have maxed out all schools from Eidolon shards by the time it's released, and many people already have.

How about making it a catch-all for end-game resources, but with a choice (like void missions)? e.g. after each stage you get to choose between endo, kuva, cryotic or void traces in various amounts. Let people choose Onslaught because they want to play the mission type, not because it's time for the daily focus grind.

As for regular focus gain, the only fix needed to make it reasonable is to remove convergence orbs and multiply focus gains by 8 at all times. Even with convergence active you still need to abuse stealth multipliers and use greater/eidolon lenses to gain it at a reasonable rate, so the convergence orbs are unnecessary.

I've personally been maxed since well before the tridolon update. If the best rewards are focus related its gonna be a giant skip from me and my friends.  Which is pretty disappointing, oh well guess it gives me a chance to do some fallout modding.

So 1% of the playerbase has been playing all day long farming focus and are already maxed?

That's great but in no way dictates that we can't have more options to gain focus.

And after 5 years people still don't understand that "endgame" is nothing but a fallacy, some set content "veterans" burn thru regardless after either asking for more, or dropping the game completely. Replay value, that's the very blood of this game.

I agree, was about to make a similar post and I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. The new game mode looks amazing, but Focus really has no place in it.. it's designed to be a competitive endgame endless grind, and Focus has a very limited use, given how easy it is to cap all schools through Eidolon farming (not to mention the whole Lens system). I'd be much happier with it granting Kuva, or Endo, or other resources, or a mix of all the above, since those hold their value by stacking up endlessly, while Focus simply doesn't. It's completely pointless once it's served its purpose of capping every single school.
Other than that I'm really excited about it and can't wait to challenge myself and other players. See ya on the leaderboards, Tenno :satisfied:

If onslaught is fun to play then good, if not its another thing ill burn thru in a week or less and forget about like defection and bouties.

Rewards only get you so far, designing with FUN in mind is what wins the playerbases goodwill back.

Theres a reason i play play lots of lua exterminate and spy. Plato has multiple reward sets and challenges to divert from the ok at best exterminate gamemode, while pavlov still has the best spy mission in the game. Meanwhile i cant stand going 400m between bounty objectives that offer NO diversions to keep me invested.

You guys have to remember that there will always be fresh blood just entering end game. They have to design content for future players to break into high-end play, so having high Focus gains would be a good way to encourage relatively newer players to work into the tougher content that we currently face on a regular basis.

I’d personally appreciate some type of focus rewards because I cannot even run plains in a playable state, let alone with other people. Eidolon hunts are not an option for me, so the only other way for me to do that is to grind on friggin Adaro 24/7.

Focus gains in void onslaught would be GREATLY appreciated by me.

On 16/03/2018 at 4:43 PM, ArchPhaeton said:

So 1% of the playerbase has been playing all day long farming focus and are already maxed?

That's great but in no way dictates that we can't have more options to gain focus.

And after 5 years people still don't understand that "endgame" is nothing but a fallacy, some set content "veterans" burn thru regardless after either asking for more, or dropping the game completely. Replay value, that's the very blood of this game.

With the new the tridolon update more and more people have been getting an abundance of focus from farming them at night cycles. And it's not only how efficient it is to farm focus from tridolons, it's just that focus is a finite progression system. Once you max it out, that's it. You have no more use for focus. With endo or credits, you can always use those to max out primed mods from Baro and sell them for high plat values, or with kuva you can keep on rolling rivens, and either sell or use those. Same with arcanes, you can sell them for plat, etc. I think these missions need to give rewards that will always be useful, or at least something valuable that can be sold for plat, not something you can max out after a few weeks and then have no more need of that. Rivens, kuva, endo, relics, heck maybe even itens formerly only found on Baro's trade list, like primed mods, special weapons and cosmetics. 

21 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

- it's just that focus is a finite progression system. Once you max it out, that's it. You have no more use for focus. -

I might be one of the few people that have no issues with that.

People without much to do feel like the game has to give them an infinite series of tasks to stay busy 24/7/365. When you have real life and in general other stuff to do besides sitting at a game you don't care that much about that.

You can always give suggestions on what we can spend focus (considering the irrelevant amount we get in normal play, i'd rather do something else) but I don't see why that has to limit the options 99% of the playerbase has to get their focus goals.

32 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

I might be one of the few people that have no issues with that.

People without much to do feel like the game has to give them an infinite series of tasks to stay busy 24/7/365. When you have real life and in general other stuff to do besides sitting at a game you don't care that much about that.

You can always give suggestions on what we can spend focus (considering the irrelevant amount we get in normal play, i'd rather do something else) but I don't see why that has to limit the options 99% of the playerbase has to get their focus goals.

Not sure where you got that 99% of the playerbase statistic but whatever. Maybe you have a family and/or other hobbies that take priority in your life over Warframe, and that's perfectly fine. But you're missing the point some of us are trying to make here. The devs pitched this game mode as an endgame activity for veterans. Focus is definitely an endgame mechanic, but it is also a finite progression system (and they recently cut the length required to max all focus by half). On top of that there's already multiple other ways to farm focus, including running farm missions like Adaro/Hydron or doing eidolon hunts (tridolon hunting in particular is ridiculously efficient in maxing out focus). If focus is the only reward, or arguably the major reward, from the new game mode, you can expect that more and more players will be maxing it out pretty fast and having no more incentives to play this mode. 

1 hour ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Not sure where you got that 99% of the playerbase statistic but whatever. Maybe you have a family and/or other hobbies that take priority in your life over Warframe, and that's perfectly fine. But you're missing the point some of us are trying to make here. The devs pitched this game mode as an endgame activity for veterans. -

You're missing the eternal truth that endgame is a chimera, and this has been true throughout the entirety of warframe's life. The onslaught dilemma only proves this further - no matter what they pitch at "veterans" they will never be happy - either they burn thru it just as fast, or complain just about anything else. 

Of all the players that ever register, 50% leave after a short while, 20% leave after a long while, and 29% (or less) become regulars. This i'm telling from my almost 5 years farming resources around here. For all this time I've never ever felt the need to cry about endgame - most of the time i'm busy enough farming resources, credits, endo, or more recently kuva, and I play pretty often. Fluid gameplay, bug-free experience, interesting art and freedom on  how to play and tackle our objectives are things that keep me coming back to this game. Not some crazy high level missions where people eventually find the loopholes and start doing in a breeze after a day or so. 

48 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

You're missing the eternal truth that endgame is a chimera, and this has been true throughout the entirety of warframe's life. The onslaught dilemma only proves this further - no matter what they pitch at "veterans" they will never be happy - either they burn thru it just as fast, or complain just about anything else. 

Of all the players that ever register, 50% leave after a short while, 20% leave after a long while, and 29% (or less) become regulars. This i'm telling from my almost 5 years farming resources around here. For all this time I've never ever felt the need to cry about endgame - most of the time i'm busy enough farming resources, credits, endo, or more recently kuva, and I play pretty often. Fluid gameplay, bug-free experience, interesting art and freedom on  how to play and tackle our objectives are things that keep me coming back to this game. Not some crazy high level missions where people eventually find the loopholes and start doing in a breeze after a day or so. 

I'm not really sure what point you're making (and you don't have to make up statistics to try and prove it). You seem to have got stuck on the fact that I used the term 'endgame resources'.

Regardless, you are actually the one arguing for less ways to gain focus. I'm saying that Void Onslaught should give rewards that are relevant to all players, including players in the endgame, and that focus gain should be increased so that all players gain it passively at a reasonable rate instead of farming one of a handful of specific set ups and mission nodes.

To put it simply: increasing focus gains at all times would allow you to hit the daily cap playing however you like; tying Onslaught to focus simply adds one more node to a very short list of viable focus farms.

2 hours ago, LuinCeltchar said:

I'm not really sure what point you're making (and you don't have to make up statistics to try and prove it). -

I'm relating what I've witnessed going on all these years. Your OP complained directly about onslaught giving focus because "many" people have farmed day and night to max everything focus-related, which I'd say is hardly the case in the grand picture. More alternatives to achieve something are something I welcome. I don't like the idea of diluting it. If I'm doing a kuva flood I want kuva, I don't expect it to drop endo or anasas to appease people that don't need kuva or are desperate to prove their gear is superior. We have a lot of endless resource sinks and I'm not eager to turn focus into another one.

Now if we are gonna talk about focus itself, that's and entire problem on it's own. Back when people were doing nice amounts of focus DE got scared and their overreaction bred the abomination we have of the combined reduced focus gain + having to pick an orb that often spawns miles away + a daily cap. Considering the massive gap of doing eidolons vs daily gain, a rework on focus gain seems pretty mandatory - there's almost no point in wasting resources into lenses right now.

Edit: they also removed respawns on non endless missions, now that I remember. Truly a sad day.

Edited by ArchPhaeton