The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Change Vigor To D Polarity

MonsterPig

Definitively agree, +1. Most of the the rare mods with dual effects have the ''-'' polarity where the defensive polarity would make far more sense. Just look at Fortitude and Constitution, both should have the defensive polarity since both boost your defensive stats. We really don`t need another one with that continues this, please change it DE. If anything, they should have a look at the polarities of other mods as well. 

Although I agree for the sake of consistency, what if the aim of this mod is not towards "tanky" frames but "caster" frames instead? They all have at least one bar "-" polarity, and this would be the perfect mod for an Ember/Mag/Nyx/Volt to have a bit more survivability in the early game.

Tanky frames wouldn't really use this mod over Redirection + Vitality. It seems to be more focused at the delicate frames.

I agree but im sure they had some reason for this.

they most certainly did, but we don't know it, and thusly seems illogical.

Ever think that they might have expected more of the squishier frames to be using like... say Lokis or Novas? I don't understand the point in a petition for a mod that has yet to even be released and considering it's about the polarity of all things I just find it derp, learn how to use an Aura mod for the extra 14 and I bet most of you already have potatoes in your frames so this is a pointless argument, the cap is 74 mod points currently we have more than enough ._.

And if you've failed to notice this, this isn't going against the past mods at all, "Dual Mods" are still pretty much new, and so far all the Dual Mods for Warframes have been - polarity mods, so complaining about them keeping this - fad for Dual Mods on frames up is ridiculous to me.

suggesting that all new mods from now on (most new mods are hybrids nowadays) should all use the same polarity would kind've... make polarities a moot thing. why bother with anything else, when we'll clearly eventually just use '-' polarities? i might as well Forma all my frames 6 times to all '-' slots, right?

not everything... should be one polarity. it is sound logic that all the mods we have as is are in certain polarity categories as is, if we're going to decide they won't be in categories, then what is the polarity for? all cards might as well get redone with a random polarity on them then. 

there are some others that seemed to have weird polarities too, but i'm not surprised this one is getting the most questions raised about it. 

it's not people complaining about not being able to tank more (though i know some people are talking because of it), but moreso it doesn't make sense with the rest of the game. 

maybe next week we should have mods that have more than one polarity! so they can fit more than one slot! that would make sense to everyone, right? ....

Although I agree for the sake of consistency, what if the aim of this mod is not towards "tanky" frames but "caster" frames instead? They all have at least one bar "-" polarity, and this would be the perfect mod for an Ember/Mag/Nyx/Volt to have a bit more survivability in the early game.

this is certainly true, but then again, those squishy caster frames don't really die that often anyways, those people survive by killing enemies faster, and avoiding enemy fire as much as possible. 

i play a lot of caster frames actually, i don't like slow, and i don't really die much. my casters have extra survivability on them as it is, and frankly who doesn't use any '-' slot on a caster for some of the more expensive caster cards? ;)

it's a two way street.

Edited by taiiat

+1 For making sense that defensive mod should be D polarity.

My theory on reason for - polarity could be simply DEs stats on polarity people used on polarizing frames to - polarity due to most useful mods (Stretch, Streamline, Flow, Master Thief for looting) having - polarity and thus releasing more mods to make peoples forma less wasted.

Tho I agree on that V polarity is rather lacking on frames having just having Focus Conti and Rage, making this mod V would be stupid but instead make new more exiting mods to fit V polarity or make changes to polaritys of existing mods to have more consistant meaning.

For example V for mods that affects frame abilities (Stretch, Conti, Focus). D for ones that increase Defensive stats (Redirection, Resistance mods) and - for animation fastening/extra effects (Master Thief, Flow, Streamline, Rage).

Overall this would make V polarity more balanced in comparison to - and D tough it might also lead to V polarity being dominantly used one making the change just seem as "We need to forma more"-Update but it is for DE to decide.

Personally I'm most likely going to use this instead of redirection on some frames to get more balanced Shields/HP making HP damage taken indication have more leeway for me as that is usually when I realize I'm taking damage making D polarity more useful one for me personally.

Sorry if bit off-topic but this is in my option related enough to be taken into account for this discussion.

I don't understand.

Fortitude is a bar even though both the Knockdown resist and shield regen mods are D polarity yet nobody cares...

Why petition to change this one and not others?

Because this was as good a place as any to start because nobody had access to the mod yet (unlike the existing ones which you can't simply change on-the-fly without causing a community uproar with torches and pitchforks).

So in retrospect this thread serves as a base-point where it urges DE to remember adding the correct polarity to their mods whenever new mods are introduced; in order to prevent everything becoming one giant mess in the end that has no logic behind it whatsoever.

From a designers' perspective, this petition was the perfect opportunity and serves as a gentle wake-up call to get the devs attention regarding the polarity-system before this game gets the official Live status for both PC and PS4 release.

At least that's my view of the matter... :)

I don't understand.

Fortitude is a bar even though both the Knockdown resist and shield regen mods are D polarity yet nobody cares...

The community tends to complain about random things and completely ignore other often more pressing concerns.

I don't understand.

Well, to be honest, I over sighted this. Fortitude should also be a D polarity, but the main reason I cared to petition vigor was because I knew about it before it was actually released. I did not know about fortitude before it was already implemented into the game.

Edited by TrevV