The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Get Rid Of Solo Mode.

Nagisawa

I'm soloing Jupiter/Neptune/Uranus at the moment.  As I type this, actually.  I am a Loki.

Opinion invalid.  Loki has Stealth, making him a God Tier, puts entire game on Easy Mode.  Try it again with an Excalibur.

If you can't kill things on the inner planets then you're simply not hitting your target.  Bullets do damage, things have life, damage removes that life.  Mercury's mobs have almost nothing for health, if you shoot them, they will fall over.  If this is not happening, you are not hitting your target and do not deserve to progress.  You must learn to play the game before you get to move further into it.

I literally can't explain this in any, more simple, terms. 

I have (I know I suck) an average of 60% accuracy rate with my weapons.  It jumps to almost 80% with my Strun.  And I STILL get over 300 mobs to kill on M Prime.  Which I still do because once I get a new weapon, I wanna try out on something 'easy'.

M Prime, AKA Mercury.  A Company (which is 200 soldiers) and a half (100 more) of respawning Grineer Troopers on average.

Now imagine doing that with an Excalibur and JUST enough energy capacity for ONE Slash Dash or 2 and a half Super Leaps.  Hopefully you did a bit of grinding on the first planet to actually have the Mod capacity to equip those.  But not likely.

Casuals do not like to grind, they like to see what's next.  What's over the hill, planet, spaceship, whatever.

Opinion invalid.  Loki has Stealth, making him a God Tier, puts entire game on Easy Mode.  Try it again with an Excalibur.

I'm clearing the entire missions.  Chests/kills/containers etc.  I'm hardly using invisibility because I take lots of cover and take my time through the mission (another beauty of solo).

My opinion is very valid....

I just shoot things accurately...and they die.  I don't understand this vendetta against solo mode.  If you don't like it, don't use it.  Nobody forces you to click that bar up top....

I'm clearing the entire missions.  Chests/kills/containers etc.  I'm hardly using invisibility because I take lots of cover and take my time through the mission (another beauty of solo).

I just shoot things accurately...and they die.  I don't understand this vendetta against solo mode.  If you don't like it, don't use it.  Nobody forces you to click that bar up top....

For a lot of people solo is the only choice because a. there is no one else playing the mission they want to play ro b. they don't want to get stuck with people who are just going to run through the level and ignore most of the enemies and leave their teamates to deal with them other wise know as rushers(one think I will never understand about peopel who rush in public games is why they don't just rush in sol mode instead)

That said why don't they just decrease the number of mobs adn increase the time it takes them to spawn in solo mode?

It would. In that case, we need someone to sacrifice. 

Then let it be the most annoying troll on the forums, that way we kill 2 birds with 1 stone :L

Or do you think it'd be more of the lines of 2 Stones with 1 bird?

Then why do Lv1 Sawmen take 3 shots from an unmodded Vasto to fall over? I know I'm hitting them. In the Head no less.

That's 150 base damage.

An MK1-Braton does 16 damage per bullet. You'd need to shoot it 9 times to kill it. That's for a Sawman. You know, those guys that come at you in packs of 2-4 and do 30+ damage a hit? You gotta shoot those guys NINE TIMES with an MK1-Braton to kill them.

I do remember reloading quite a bit while playing with my MK1.  I also remember realizing that the base weapons for the game were going to suck balls and that I needed to upgrade asap.  Do you expect to be a killing machine from the get-go?  Yes, it's a bunch of bullets, but that's part of the drive to upgrade.

I have (I know I suck) an average of 60% accuracy rate with my weapons.  It jumps to almost 80% with my Strun.  And I STILL get over 300 mobs to kill on M Prime.  Which I still do because once I get a new weapon, I wanna try out on something 'easy'.

M Prime, AKA Mercury.  A Company (which is 200 soldiers) and a half (100 more) of respawning Grineer Troopers on average.

Now imagine doing that with an Excalibur and JUST enough energy capacity for ONE Slash Dash or 2 and a half Super Leaps.  Hopefully you did a bit of grinding on the first planet to actually have the Mod capacity to equip those.  But not likely.

I really don't know what to tell you, dude.  I think my maximum kills on M Prime was 80, and that was going really slow since I was finishing off the last level of my Pangolin Sword.

Also:  I did actually play the first mission a few times when I started playing.  I wanted to put on decoy.

Edited by MeteorKing

Lets get rid of an optional game mode because it is not balanced for solo! Just don't play solo, problem solved.

TBH I think the OP was more trying to get DE's attention on how Solo Mode is broken in hopes it'll get them to say "yeah, okay they have a point, Solo Mode really should be different than soloing in Private or Invite-Only".

I doubt they really want to actually get rid of Solo mode, it almost sounds like some snark/sarcasm to get attention.

Edited by Xylia

TBH I think the OP was more trying to get DE's attention on how Solo Mode is broken in hopes it'll get them to say "yeah, okay they have a point, Solo Mode really should be different than soloing in Private or Invite-Only".

I doubt they really want to actually get rid of Solo mode, it almost sounds like some snark/sarcasm to get attention.

I doubt that.  If you look at OPs posts throughout the thread, he's actually trying to make points as to why solo shouldn't exist.  

Edited by MeteorKing

I have 2 little kids and Solo mode is often the only way I can play due to ability to pause.

I suggest you get better at the game if you find it's too hard by yourself.

Precisely. Pausing is what Solo is. And I love being able to pause in games when I can't scream "cover me!" to team mates.

I love to Solo.  It's just nigh impossible on higher planets unless you rush.  And I am mentally incapable of rushing.  I want to loot everything.  If it's green I want to open it and see what's inside!

Of course, anyone who claims that they have no issues doing so are probably younger than me and have Call of Duty level reflexes (Which don't kid yourself, to play a twitch shooter requires a LOT of skill) or have the God Tier Warframes, and the RNG Gods love.

Either than or bought platinum to buy a God Tier Frame.

I bought a Rhino, boy that was dumb.

And here's the thing.  Solo mode is a lie.  Go select Private and run it alone.  You'll end up with the same thing!  No change in spawn rates.

This game has no 'solo' mode, it's just a repackaged setting.

God-tier...right. I'm soloing Mobile Defenses left and right with just Snowglobe, Continuity, and a Grakata.

Also, read up. Solo mode is a thing and it's for those of us who cannot just shut down our lives to play video games.

I WOULD LOVE TO SOLO!  That's what I do, because I only game with people I know (it cuts down on Drama or Toxicity) but having played the same mission (M Prime) on Invite Only, there was no difference.

I WOULD LOVE TO SOLO!  That's what I do, because I only game with people I know (it cuts down on Drama or Toxicity) but having played the same mission (M Prime) on Invite Only, there was no difference.

PAUSING IS THE DIFFERENCE!  ONE LETS YOU PAUSE, THE OTHER LETS YOU INVITE PEOPLE.  HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO SAY THIS?

/thread.

Then why do Lv1 Sawmen take 3 shots from an unmodded Vasto to fall over? I know I'm hitting them. In the Head no less.

That's 150 base damage.

An MK1-Braton does 16 damage per bullet. You'd need to shoot it 9 times to kill it. That's for a Sawman. You know, those guys that come at you in packs of 2-4 and do 30+ damage a hit? You gotta shoot those guys NINE TIMES with an MK1-Braton to kill them.

um sawmen have 30 HP no armor but 100 shields so yeah 130 damage is needed (100 SP was added because of tons of "feedback" on the forums that "sawmen are a worthless enemy and should be removed as there is no threat")

maybe people should stop laughing about how easy/bad some of the enemies are then DE would not over-correct 

um sawmen have 30 HP no armor but 100 shields so yeah 130 damage is needed (100 SP was added because of tons of "feedback" on the forums that "sawmen are a worthless enemy and should be removed as there is no threat")

maybe people should stop laughing about how easy/bad some of the enemies are then DE would not over-correct 

Either way, this is a completely different discussion than the topic of this thread.  We're talking about [not] removing the "Solo" option. What you're bringing up is a low-level balancing issue.

Edited by MeteorKing

At least until we get some major rebalancing work done on it.  I am sick and tired of being forced to rush, or end up dying, or if I'm playing a lowbie planet (Which even though with a Rank 27 Rhino, maxed Iron Skin and fully reactored, I can still die on) having to slog through and murder a little more than a Company and a half of respawning soldiers (That's over 300 per mission.)  And then there are the bosses, which are nothing more than bullet sponges, for the most part, and some of which have single hit kill attack (like Jackal and that 'grenade launcher' thing, which I never get to see because I'm running scared trying to outpace it.  Which apparently it impossible.)

This is not fun.  This is tedium.

So get rid of Solo, and make this a truly MMO game.

Never.that was a horrible idea

At least until we get some major rebalancing work done on it.  I am sick and tired of being forced to rush, or end up dying, or if I'm playing a lowbie planet (Which even though with a Rank 27 Rhino, maxed Iron Skin and fully reactored, I can still die on) having to slog through and murder a little more than a Company and a half of respawning soldiers (That's over 300 per mission.)  And then there are the bosses, which are nothing more than bullet sponges, for the most part, and some of which have single hit kill attack (like Jackal and that 'grenade launcher' thing, which I never get to see because I'm running scared trying to outpace it.  Which apparently it impossible.)

This is not fun.  This is tedium.

So get rid of Solo, and make this a truly MMO game.

Personally I enjoy solo. And if you're dying in the "Low levels" with a rank 27 Rhino, you're just not doing it right. Ever heard of taking cover? Do you not believe in the use of ultimates (IE Rhino Stomp)?

Even with the mass of mobs I'm running around with my lawn mower (Flux Rifle, Braton, Gorgon, Boltor, Sobek, Ignis, Dread, Paris, Latron [Prime]..Just to name a few.) and cleaning house. That includes mobs AND getting little trinkets along the way from side rooms

The only issue I see here is that your method of gameplay is potentially wrong; You have poor choice in mods (Learn enemy weaknesses) or your mods are not high enough rank.

Other than that, I don't see what the issue is here with Solo Mode. Benefit from the flux of enemies : It just means that there's a higher chance of gathering mods and materials needed that otherwise would not have appeared.

Personally I enjoy solo. And if you're dying in the "Low levels" with a rank 27 Rhino, you're just not doing it right. Ever heard of taking cover?[...]

Don't be silly, Rhino IS THE COVER! :P

Edited by 101blubb