Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Get Rid Of Solo Mode.

Nagisawa

When I read the OP post.

seriously, let me tell you a funny little story....I'm a casual gamer, I happen to hate rushing, specially when I'm the host, and as such I often use Solo/Private mode so I can take my sweet time, opening stuff, popping heads and killing mobs...As of now, I own a Rhino, potato'ed, and tanky as hell. But before, I had no qualms in using Excalibur to solo, and more often than not I was successful in both farming and completing the objectives. At higher difficulty planets, such as post-Earth, now those were more tricky and punishing. And I always went solo, except for defense/mobile defense missions.

I have a Rhino now, and thanks to it I can solo most bosses, farm for materials and mods. You certainly don't need to have a "god tier" warframe to solo something, just play smart, play defensive, use what little stealth there is, and you should be fine. But given your arguments, I'm inclined to believe this:

You really suck at this game. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean we have to pay for it. Get off your high horse.

No one is getting the point of this thread are they?  They're all "OH NOSE!  Some guy can't play and he wants to stop..."  What?  What exactly would making this game have two option of 'Online' and 'Private' do?  Right now?  Absolutely nothing except that you can't pause, which does suck, but it can be implemented for when there's only a single player on the server.  Diablo 3 does it, after all.

There is no scaling.  It doesn't matter if you're one or four, the amount of mobs and respawn rate is the same.  Solo mode has no actual function, other than allowing you to pause.  That's it, that's all.

So all your anger at my suggestion, as ill worded as it was, at removing that name tag off the game's servers won't change your game style whatsoever.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada.  Just put it on Private and play alone, same game result.  Same RNG, same amount of enemies, same respawn, same boss zero tactic bullet sponging.

Losing Solo mode (until such time Digital Extremes decides to actually work on fixing issues rather than pump out content) won't affect you, assuming they can put in a detection system for whenever you play on Private, so that when you're alone, you can pause the game.

Solo mode, right now, is redundant and pointless.

[Edit]Oh, right.  For the record, when I said I CAN die at Mercury M Prime, in a Rhino, doesn't mean I DID.  Can and Do are two separate verbs, one is a potential, the other is a fact.  In that order.  I just had some very close calls with running out of energy and about twenty gratakas firing from all directions.  I still cleared the levels after murdering 200 or so pixel people.  On average.

Edited by Nagisawa

No one is getting the point of this thread are they?  They're all "OH NOSE!  Some guy can't play and he wants to stop..."  What?  What exactly would making this game have two option of 'Online' and 'Private' do?  Right now?  Absolutely nothing except that you can't pause, which does suck, but it can be implemented for when there's only a single player on the server.  Diablo 3 does it, after all.

There is no scaling.  It doesn't matter if you're one or four, the amount of mobs and respawn rate is the same.  Solo mode has no actual function, other than allowing you to pause.  That's it, that's all.

So all your anger at my suggestion, as ill worded as it was, at removing that name tag off the game's servers won't change your game style whatsoever.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada.  Just put it on Private and play alone, same game result.  Same RNG, same amount of enemies, same respawn, same boss zero tactic bullet sponging.

Losing Solo mode (until such time Digital Extremes decides to actually work on fixing issues rather than pump out content) won't affect you, assuming they can put in a detection system for whenever you play on Private, so that when you're alone, you can pause the game.

Solo mode, right now, is redundant and pointless.

[Edit]Oh, right.  For the record, when I said I CAN die at Mercury M Prime, in a Rhino, doesn't mean I DID.  Can and Do are two separate verbs, one is a potential, the other is a fact.  In that order.  I just had some very close calls with running out of energy and about twenty gratakas firing from all directions.  I still cleared the levels after murdering 200 or so pixel people.  On average.

We get the point of your threat, we have also refuted every point you have made.  You are in the wrong, your idea was bad, and you should feel bad.

When I said that D3 does it, I also said that it is probably a complicated and time consuming bunch of code that DE would have to write.

When you decide to play solo, you're playing the mission, as is, by yourself.  There is no reason for there to be less mobs or lower difficulty.  You forgo the use of a party because you can do it yourself, that's your own perogative.  The level shouldn't be dumbed down.

No, you cant pause.

You are correct, but why bother doing so when there are more important things at hand and they've already set up a system to deal with the problem?

It's not, you can pause.

Yes, I can also be killed by worms if I bury myself in the dirt and allow them to crawl into my mouth and suffocate me.  That doesn't mean it's going to happen.  You complained about a non-issue and it blew up in your face, twice.  Deal with the consequences of your actions.

Michael-scott-no.gif

im sorry if your play style isnt good enough/you cant handle this game.. Delete this game go to facebook and play farmville, ye old pansy

This isn't an MMO.  It's a squad based 3rd person shooter.

Please don't get rid of solo.  I use it frequently to run for materials.

I also use it to practice stealthing missions, among other things.

Petition to end these stupid petitions that are completely self-centered and stupid

Not sure if troll.

Take 'solo' out because you are an incompetent little Tenno?

Don't like solo? Don't play solo.

My thoughts are similar.  If a feature is already in game that you're not forced to use, simply ignore it.  Many of us use solo.

tumblr_m0pkpc5Xmd1rosg7go1_400.gif

Please tell me you aren't.

These.

OP made me giggle a little at least.

I'll type this slowly so you can understand it ok?

If people play solo mode and enjoy being able to pause it. DE taking out solo mode WOULD in fact affect them as the gameplay style they chose to play, is no longer an option.

However, keeping solo mode in the game in it's current state, would NOT affect you at all as you can simply not play that game mode.

As Leonard Nemoy once said, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

You are the few, we are the many now stfu and gtfo. kthxbai.

Edited by iSmeejo

@Nagisawa

And pray tell, how does leaving in solo mode affect you at all? Please enlighten me as to how having the option to play solo forces you to use it or affects you in ANY way. At the same time losing it would affect people because they can no longer pause the game to deal with IRL stuff. I play solo when I want to have the option to take a break in the middle of the mission and finish making my food or something so that I can play the game while Im waiting on it to cook.

So your idea of removing solo mode does affect everyone. DE leaving solo mode in affects NO one, unless you are shomehow *forced* to play solo, which I highly doubt.

You've already said there is no difference from solo, private, or invite-only, so why dont you play on one of the other modes and let people keep their solo mode because they like it?

Edit:

Oh and please dont bring up the "They can just make private or invite only pausable when only one person is in the match!" because you obviously dont understand that that would require a ton of work to implement properly, and would introduce quite a few game breaking bugs potentially, such as what happens if your paused and someone joins you.

Why have them spend time developing a pause feature into that when they have a game mode that its sole benefit is the ability to pause.

Edited by Tsukinoki

The problem isn't that solo mode exists. It's that the matchmaking system has some bugs in it, and the community leans towards rushing. Co-op isn't seamless, and the only thing having teammates really does is putting more Tenno in one place, so the damage output is greater. There is no tactical advantage to having more players in one place. 

They can't make this game truly Co-op and remove Solo until the above issue is resolved.

@Nagisawa

And pray tell, how does leaving in solo mode affect you at all? Please enlighten me as to how having the option to play solo forces you to use it or affects you in ANY way. At the same time losing it would affect people because they can no longer pause the game to deal with IRL stuff. I play solo when I want to have the option to take a break in the middle of the mission and finish making my food or something so that I can play the game while Im waiting on it to cook.

So your idea of removing solo mode does affect everyone. DE leaving solo mode in affects NO one, unless you are shomehow *forced* to play solo, which I highly doubt.

You've already said there is no difference from solo, private, or invite-only, so why dont you play on one of the other modes and let people keep their solo mode because they like it?

Edit:

Oh and please dont bring up the "They can just make private or invite only pausable when only one person is in the match!" because you obviously dont understand that that would require a ton of work to implement properly, and would introduce quite a few game breaking bugs potentially, such as what happens if your paused and someone joins you.

Why have them spend time developing a pause feature into that when they have a game mode that its sole benefit is the ability to pause.

Because some people think too highly of themselves and feel they're entitled to everything they want.

So you want scaling? Ask for scaling. I wouldn't mind scaling. Scaling is a good idea.

Also, removing a connectivity option because it adds little isn't smart because no matter how little it adds, it adds something, and it's removal doesn't add anything or benefit anyone.

Sorry for the double post.

I hope I don't seem too harsh in my posting. The problem with communication via text means that you can't see my facial expressions or hear my voice. 

So you want scaling? Ask for scaling. I wouldn't mind scaling. Scaling is a good idea.

Also, removing a connectivity option because it adds little isn't smart because no matter how little it adds, it adds something, and it's removal doesn't add anything or benefit anyone.

I hope I don't seem too harsh in my posting. The problem with communication via text means that you can't see my facial expressions or hear my voice. 

Scaling would be amazing.  OP should definitely make a post about that, and watch the support pour in.

Removing solo isn't just a bad idea, it's a strange one.  Just didn't really understand wanting to remove something that doesn't affect him at all.  DE isn't even really focusing on solo content, so it's not like it pulls resources away from other things.  It's just a game mode that can be paused and benefits many players.

I'll type this slowly so you can understand it ok?

If people play solo mode and enjoy being able to pause it. DE taking out solo mode WOULD in fact affect them as the gameplay style they chose to play, is no longer an option.

However, keeping solo mode in the game in it's current state, would NOT affect you at all as you can simply not play that game mode.

As Leonard Nemoy once said, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

You are the few, we are the many now stfu and gtfo. kthxbai.

Please tell me you got some satisfaction out of typing that, I'd hate for you to waste more of your time thinking it had no effect.  Because you clearly don't get it.

Removing Solo mode does one thing, and one thing only.  The ability to pause.  Which I admit would suck, but implementing a pause function to another mode wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.  And it's not as hard as you people want to assume it is.

The problem isn't that solo mode exists. It's that the matchmaking system has some bugs in it, and the community leans towards rushing. Co-op isn't seamless, and the only thing having teammates really does is putting more Tenno in one place, so the damage output is greater. There is no tactical advantage to having more players in one place. 

They can't make this game truly Co-op and remove Solo until the above issue is resolved.

Solo has the same issue.  It's the same game no matter how many people play the same map, from 1 to 4.  It's a problem the game has, not the modes.

@Nagisawa

Edit:

Leaving Solo mode is false advertising.  It's saying that this is the mode for casuals or people who want to have a good experience alone.  It's not.  It's the same game no matter what the mode is.

We've been asking for scaling for months, but it's not even acknowledged as an issue.  None of the Livestreams have mentioned it of recent days.  And all DE puts out events, revamping mods, changing cosmetics (Iron Skin) and adding stuff.

So until they fix scaling, Solo mode needs to be put on hold at the very least because right now, unless you're good, there's no difference between Online, Private or Solo.  None.

@Nagisawa

False advertising?

Wherever does it say that its going to be easier or more casual?

It never even *hints* that its going to be any easier than playing on "private" alone, people go into that game mode because generally in solo games you can pause it.

That would be like playing "Soul Sacrifice" or "Dragon's Crown", both have teams of up to 4 where you complete missions but can do everything in the game solo, and then complaining that playing without anyone doesn't make the game easier. In fact in those games its a lot harder than having someone else with you, but guess what: You can pause! (Except dragons crown, where you cant even do that).

If the game actually said "Play solo if you want to have an easier time" then it would be false advertising. There is nothing that even remotely hints to that.

We've been asking for scaling for months, but it's not even acknowledged as an issue.  None of the Livestreams have mentioned it of recent days.  And all DE puts out events, revamping mods, changing cosmetics (Iron Skin) and adding stuff.

So until they fix scaling, Solo mode needs to be put on hold at the very least because right now, unless you're good, there's no difference between Online, Private or Solo.  None.

I'm not sure how to explain this any further than I have in this thread, but I'll give it a whirl.

Development of a game takes time and money, and lots of both, like...LOTS.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development .  If you didn't read that, which you should, because it's a very well written and informative article, I'll summarize what it said.

VIDEO GAMES BE EXPENSIVE, YO.  VIEDO GAMES TAKE FOREVER TO MAKE, YO.  VIDEO GAMES AREN'T SIMPLE TO MAKE, YO.  TIME USED TO SOLVE MINOR ISSUES THAT ALREADY HAVE TEMPORARY SOLUTIONS IS TIME TAKEN AWAY FROM ADDRESSING LARGER AND MORE PERTINENT PROBLEMS.

TL;DR - Best check yourself before you wreck yourself, because you're sailing on uncharted seas and there be monsters in them waters.

I guess I don't understand the statement "solo mode needs to be put on hold".

No development is going into solo mode.  It just exists, and lots of people use it daily.

This is like saying "please remove my friends air conditioning because it uses city power" but you never go to your friends house.

I'm definitely not in favor of getting rid of solo. I don't care if it's supposed to be a multiplayer game. Sometimes there will be days where I don't have much time to play a round with friends, so I set it to solo so I can pause the game when I need to go AFK.

I don't even..

It's like you went back in time and stopped that caveman from banging two rocks together until he got a spark.

... the result of that one small change in history is that logic is reversed, and things like "I can't play solo so remove it" is more logical than "I can't play solo so I'll join a co-op game".

So, yeah +1 for anti-logic!