Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone feel that, as a co-op experience, the game is FAR too easy?

Lunaticked

I've been seeing a lot of threads about nerf this, nerf that, this enemy is far too hard, I am wondering if people are playing solo, and trying to level Rank 1 frames and weapons on Eris and Ceres.

Are we all playing the same game? Absolutely -nothing- in Warframe has given me a run for my money in a 2-player situation after learning to adapt to the changes after each patch, nevermind in a 4-player game. 2 players with half decent frames and weapons (Rank 8 Loki with a Rank 15 Heat Sword mows through Chargers like a knife through butter) communicating over voice chat can handle anything this game can throw at them. We've even begun to level Rank 1 frames on Ceres because it's still easy, and we get great mods.

Are my friends and I alone in this, that we find the game fun, but overall unrewarding due to how easy and non-threatening the co-op experience is?

I would agree that it does feel a bit easy right now, especially in coop (Even in solo I don't have that many problems until I'm doing some of the deeper Pluto missions), but I would say that instead of a flat increase in difficulty for everyone, they ought to implement difficulty sliders, kind of like in Left 4 Dead.

That said, I do like the current difficulty. It's easy enough that people won't be turned off but it's just hard enough to punish you if you do something stupid. But it would be nice to see a slight increase in difficulty. But to go with it, some more advanced maneuvering moves and better survivability to compensate.

The game favours aggression so the more guys you have killing more things more quickly means the less hurt everyone gets. The high end Infested levels I can't really solo due to the crazy amount of chargers bum-rushing me but with a buddy shooting or drawing half the pack, it makes it far easier to get stuck in and get out when it gets too hairy.

Boss levels are similar. I can't get the damage out to negate a boss' shield since it will be focusing on me and disrupting my attacks whereas with more guys, one guy can focusing on stunning the boss while the other pump bullets in.

Yeah in teams where people know what they are doing, which is key, the game should not be that much of problem.

But not all folks know what to do. I have gone on mission where people dont actually use their powers AT ALL. And while soloing i think folks get blinded by what can be done in teams so they feel they can do the same when in fact one has to be way more careful.

It's kind of an impasse; while there are those who can solo anything, good for them! The problem with difficulty is that when you multiply the total damage and kills output by multiple people instead of one, it becomes a lot more feasibly to complete a mission. The AI is also pretty predictable, but generally I think the difficulty curve is there. There are definitely those players who are better at it than others, so for some they aren't going to have an easy time soloing Pluto or anything crazy like that. With multiple people, you can easily flank enemies and take down the numerous foes who aren't even paying attention to you, who would otherwise be constantly spraying you down if you were the only target. More power to you if you can solo!

It seems more like a suggestion to add in some sort of special wave mode (since those maps don't even change as far as I know), or challenge type missions. The random cryogenics problems that halve shields already make some missions a hassle depending on your build, but there aren't that many other 'level hazards' to contend with of the same caliber (fire just hurts you if you walk on it).

When you give four people(or one person carrying all the others) Rank 30 weapons they can beat any mission at any (warframe)rank easily and efficiently. If you have four noobs with their new MK-1 Bratons unlocking each new area, the game is challenging and fun. The reason is simple; The ranks are imbalanced/powerleveling is a huge issue.

What I'm worried about is the warframe devs balancing the game for the people who do solo almost everything. This is why you will find that enemies are too op for new players, levels are impossible and such. For those who have been playing a while it's no problem(learn to play noob), but for those who are new it's a game killer.

Edited by ZEDD

i think the main problem right now with the game's "difficulty" or lack thereof, is the way it scales as you level up your frames and gear and also as you unlock more difficult missions

there are some steep ramp ups, where you are getting destroyed by the mobs, but then a few levels later you steamroll them

once you have a fully decked out lev 30 frame full of mods, even with only lev 15 weapons you can pretty much clean house, if you've got 30 weapons as well tho? pfft the game becomes super easy

just like these most recent chargers and grinders... so i was trying to level up my rhino during the patch, and of course both the grinders and chargers killed me MANY times, but now that my rhino is 30? (30 scindo too) he's basically unstoppable

there needs to be more difficult content for the max level characters, while at the same time there needs to be a slower and more gradual difficulty curve for the lower lev chars to get into the game and ramp up

even thought the forums are filled with rage about the chargers and grinders right now, they really dont make the game that hard, they just feel cheezy when they kill you (kinda ilke the pluto boss who drop kicks infinitely while pulling you into his hellish tornado)