Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to raids?

marine.gunfighter

Question

I know they were removed, but why? It was the only way to play with more than just 4 people in a team. Not that they were great by any means... they needed a whole new direction to be remotely enjoyable, but im sure i can speak for a lot of players when i say that i think we need to rethink the removal of a larger group mission type. Its no real secret that Warframe doesnt have endgame content (besides fashion frame). As much as i love the steady flow of new frames and weapons, open maps like the plains, etc... A great majority of the playerbase has come from traditional MMOs looking for something better and In a lot of aspects they have found it in Warframe. I know i have. The one problem that i have is moving the last of my hold out friends to this game. They try it and they say its awesome, but then they are the 5th or 6th wheel without a party and get bored with it quickly. Im not sure there is an outcry for the return of the last raid system, but something can be done to make it more inclusive for groups of players that want to help to keep this game alive by bringing in fresh blood and making them feel included. When the party system is 4 with no possibility of being any bigger, there is always someone that is left out. I Know we have the ability to refer a friend, its easy to get them here, its harder to keep them. Why not revamp the raid system or come up with other things that larger groups can do? 

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

I miss raids so much, speedrunning them with friends was one of the only things i had left in the game after being mr25 and having literally done everything. Now im just bored.

Tridolons are too buggy to be consistant so once i did 4 trios in a night i stopped because loading times were tied directly to your runs in a night, which just isnt fair.

Long survivals dont really appeal to me due to lack of rewards

The raids got removed for a few reasons :

-too much bugs and complications whenever they went ahead and fixed them.
-Not enough players actually going to play them (reason they were only 2 and not more)
-Need to focus the team on more important problems.

I think there are other reasons, but those are the ones I remember.

If they invest more on their servers and can solve the most issues with connectivity then it could have been an enjoyable game mode but it was often a mess. Until DE not change their mind with the peer to peer we could not see any improvements in this department. Servers needed long ago but they feel these are costly enough to prevent them to add some.

DE didn't want to put effort into fixing bugs (which were already unaddressed for years) and maintaining arguably the most unique mission designs in the game. They wanted to put out more moneymaking content and have all eyes to be on the low-effort repetitive eidolons that no-one can honestly say they enjoy doing over a hundred times for lackluster loot.

/rant
i just want Vay Hek back smh

36 minutes ago, marine.gunfighter said:

I know they were removed, but why?

Before this thread goes 100 pages deep, or outright purged due to select peoples responses, it was removed so the team who worked on them could work elsewhere. The team were basically always working on putting out fires, and every update, more fires would pop up.

Not fun for them, catered to a small crowd, and the mode itself wasn't really popular, even with people who ran it (there are more than a few examples of people bemoaning the raid(s)).

The team have been moved off to work on "something else". Could be a new bauble, or a new game, no one knows what is being worked on... yet there are a select group who perpetuate an odd narrative at times...

Personally, i like to think they moved off to work on the Sentient race, their arrival, and what playing on the sentient outpost they showed will entail... but that's just me!

E7XKJrz.jpg

njTJavO.jpg

The Sentients look end game worthy. People kick up a fuss about the eidolons... but these things are literally present on the very first planet in the game, i don't know what sort of super duper challenge they're supposed to impose. I see it as baby's first raid runs tbh.

39 minutes ago, marine.gunfighter said:

I know they were removed, but why? It was the only way to play with more than just 4 people in a team. Not that they were great by any means... they needed a whole new direction to be remotely enjoyable, but im sure i can speak for a lot of players when i say that i think we need to rethink the removal of a larger group mission type. Its no real secret that Warframe doesnt have endgame content (besides fashion frame).

Heres the problem, they wanted something actually great which it was at first but in time just started bringing up problems when trying to fix or make changes/improvements. The fact it was the only real 8 player experience in the game doesnt count as reason to keep it running when its not attracting as many players as they expected.

Personally i find fighting Eidolons much more fun and challenging than holding down buttons and carrying payloads to blow up a sort of furnace to knock down the boss, not to mention its much more rewarding and easier to arrange a group to do.

8 minutes ago, Dawson1917 said:

DE didn't want to put effort into fixing bugs (which were already unaddressed for years) and maintaining arguably the most unique mission designs in the game. They wanted to put out more moneymaking content and have all eyes to be on the low-effort repetitive eidolons that no-one can honestly say they enjoy doing over a hundred times for lackluster loot.

/rant
i just want Vay Hek back smh

This is wrong in so many ways.

The past 3 months have been mostly of Hotfixes and rebalances to get the game working better and prepare for the Sacrifice update which should come with a large amount of content. Tho they released some skins during this time, it doesnt mean that [DE]`s focus is just MoneyMaking.

And how can fighting Eidolons giving Lackluster Loot if they are rewarding 3 to 9 times the loot in 1 hour which you used to whimper for 2~4 hours to get 1 of in Raids?