Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theory On What Warframes Are

DSMK2

'What if a Warframe is merely a lightning rod?" A conduit for these demons of the Void?"

- Vor

"Tenno is the word for "Emperor". It could also be translated as "From Heaven", both of which apply well to your cadre of space ninjas."

-TVTropes Warframe Page

That. Just rubs with an idea I've been having: A Warframe is just a bio-mechanical 'object' controlled by us, playing a computer game called 'Warframe', our actions within the game echo into Warframe's universe (ascending space and time!). When we log off, the Warframes get stored in cryopods; see the clan barracks.

The Warframes when active, become Tenno, our avatars which can respond to elements of the Warframe universe. And through the Warframes, otherwise mundane weapons become superpowered, matching the mods we equip in the game.

Every time DE adds additional areas, those areas become open for us to 'play' in, extending the Tenno influence in the Warframe universe. In addition, the Warframe's genders fit with our human viewpoint (akin to statues), making them much more 'fitting' with ourselves...

Which makes me think the Orokin lost(?) because they created the Warframes too early for them to be controlled by us.

*Excited post*

Edited by DSMK2

Nope, just human genetic stock people in super suits. Changing suits = changing the character your playing with.

Technocyte Virus

"The first symptom to result from being infected is a metallic crust that forms on the skin. In and of itself, this would not be a problem; however, this transformation is extremely painful, so much so that most of those infected eventually lose their sanity. Hayden Tenno and Robert Mezner are the only known exceptions to this rule." -From the dark sector wiki. You sure brah?

Edited by Towermice

My theory was a little like Op's!

Warframes are just like human size Eva's from neon genesis evangelion or androids/cyborgs from ghost in the shell. Tenno are then some form of digital manifestation of ancient (human?) spirits. In the warframe universe, it's possible to 'extract' the essence of someone, as we have seen with the capture missions and hence it shows the possibility (through thechnology?) to separate the physical from the spiritual, much like in the G.I.T.S. Universe.

For example, I believe that the corpus crewmen/scouts we take down and 'extract' are then later being either digitally interrogated by lotus, or are otherwise being installed into a marionette android/warframe and held in captivity.

Whether this means that Tenno are simply some form of advanced A.I. now, based off past echo's of ancient beings or not, is a logical path for further speculation. Perhaps lotus IS a Tenno...

The word affinity instead of XP reminds me very much of evangelion! The eva pilots were able to 'tune in' to the wavelength of the eva better than other people, and hence had better control of their machines.

Technocyte Virus

"The first symptom to result from being infected is a metallic crust that forms on the skin. In and of itself, this would not be a problem; however, this transformation is extremely painful, so much so that most of those infected eventually lose their sanity. Hayden Tenno and Robert Mezner are the only known exceptions to this rule." -From the dark sector wiki. You sure brah?

Is it possible that the suits can't be removed? Sure. I like to think that the Orokin advanced far enough that that's not the case, but I'll never really know unless DE tells us. They have told us that the Tenno are named for Hayden Tenno, who was the first warframe user, and they call them suits. That means, as far as I can tell, that they are people in bio-mechanical suits. I find the idea of them being bio-mechanical sock puppets pretty distasteful, but believe what you want, no big deal.

yes, the lore is extremly weak ... most related to japanese style ... while its totaly out of wack to give footsoldiers like Ninjas or Samurai the title Tenno wich only can be hold by a devine being like an emporer ...

its just style not substance here

Technocyte Virus

Except none fo the infested look anything like that, they are just hunks of flesh. Plus our suits don't look like they are made of metal.

Edited by Palkora

Fact is,Tenno are altered humans.

Need proof? Look at Mag's feet....there's empty space where the three middle toes should be....unless you're going to tell me she has freakishly small feet,in which case she'd have NO balance whatsoever.

Fact is,Tenno are altered humans.

Need proof? Look at Mag's feet....there's empty space where the three middle toes should be....unless you're going to tell me she has freakishly small feet,in which case she'd have NO balance whatsoever.

You should check out Excaliburs feets as well. And a few others as well i think.

OP you think too much.

Personally... I think games these days forego writing any decent bck-story or lore, because of people like this.

No one likes to get involved in a good story, they just want to grind phat lewtz. There is no point putting any thought into interesting dialogue or elaborately back storied quests chains in MMO's because players will simply skip the whole dialogue so they can get on with completing the quest quicker.

So sad.