Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Bounties: Why Bounty Hunters Don't Exist in Warframe

Raspberry

Let's be honest, PoE "bounties" are only that in name only and quite obviously do NOT function like real bounties in any way, shape or form. In any other universe (real life, other game), we do bounties because we see a reward we desire, and we take it upon ourselves to use what little info we are given, gather the missing intel, and complete the mission to get a guaranteed chance at getting that reward (or else we just blackmail the bounty issuer). As for difficulty, we see for ourselves how hard a bounty is just by looking at the offered reward; we rarely need any other pointers.

In PoE, however, Konzu gives us a weird slot machine of rewards, and let's be honest, once we have collected all the PoE-exclusive set and stance mods, ample Focus lenses, and the Furax Wraith parts, the one and only reason left to do any more bounties is to get at the relics. Bounty hunters in Warframe do not exist because no bounty hunter likes to be given a high chance at getting complete garbage and a comparatively low chance at getting what they want. If I do a tier 2 bounty to collect Lith G2 relics and I get 1 common mod, 1 uncommon mod, and 100 endo, I just did a bunch of work for basically nothing. If anywhere else, you saw a WANTED poster that offered a random chance to give you any of a select number of rewards, you probably would rip it off the wall, crumple it up, and feed it to the nearest goat.

On top of this, we are given a set number of bounty stages, and any "investigative" dialogue we receive from the Lotus is meaningless because we know with 100% certainty that the armored vault in stage 2/5 will not contain the missing Orokin relic, we know with 100% certainty that the last of the three Grineer caches in stage 5/5 will contain it. There's no mystery to these so-called "bounties", minus always hoping we don't get a Liberate the Camp stage. The stages themselves are all recycled and reordered amongst each other in such a way that I'm sure almost all of us deploy without even knowing what the bounty's overall objective is. We just see the rewards in the menu and click on what we want to get after. Or, click away.

The Prime Vault is closing very soon (April 10), and Plague Star will as well in a week. After they're both gone and I eventually collect my final missing set mod (heh, the useless Vigilante Supplies, of all things), I will completely stop doing any and all PoE bounties. There will be no more reward left to draw me in, and no unique or interesting experience to make up for the unrewarding experience. To be frank, if it does not involve collecting PoE-exclusive resources or farming arcanes, I won't even step into the Plains at all.