Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Kuva Idea

Errodin

I'll start off by being straight and honest ... i didn't search for forum ahead of time to see is this was already discussed or suggested. So well i guess it's too late to turn back. Lmao. (I'm almost certain this has been thought up already)

So i see a lot of people asking for a change to the Kuva system and/or adjusting the scaling of Kuva in the new survival variant DE gave us. My idea already revolves around the current system, how we have set (was it 7 or 8?) attempts to destroy the Kuva harvester, what if we could introduce scaling in this way ... players can decide to let the harvester build up "stacks" or "get close to full" before engaging in it's destruction. Meaning they letting it purposefully fill up to 7, scale the difficulty as it fills along with the Kuva amount. Success in destroying it will yield a larger Kuva amount and failure in destroying it will wield a portion of that total amount (obviously an amount small enough to deter players from making any profitable amount through failure).

High risk, high reward.

Hope i explained it well enough, and once again sorry if it's an idea that's already out there. Feedback is welcome, sarcasm less so.

Edited by Errodin

I'm not sure if I like it. So players would stand around and let it siphon kuva. Currently we already wait around just for the cloud to spawn. If this were to be implemented, it would mean that we would have to stand around and wait 6 or 7 more times for boosted kuva. There is probably a more graceful way to handle this, but it has potential.

14 minutes ago, SPplayer76 said:

I'm not sure if I like it. So players would stand around and let it siphon kuva. Currently we already wait around just for the cloud to spawn. If this were to be implemented, it would mean that we would have to stand around and wait 6 or 7 more times for boosted kuva. There is probably a more graceful way to handle this, but it has potential.

Great point (that i totally forgot about). That's a downside, a lot of people do these Solo, this idea really focuses on teamwork and the people who assign one guy to cloud bursting while the others clear. With survival the need for Oxygen replenishment would balance it well but for other missions not so much ... maybe with an Excavation variant, you know keep the thing powered ... maybe with killing the guardians protecting it ... not sure, lets see of others come up with something.

Edited by Errodin