Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event mobs on PoE Free Roam (and why it hurts).

-dapoy.Amily-

Annoying stuff is that when i come to Free PoE Roam, i meet Infested or Ghouls like always and everywhere. It takes a lot of time and luck to find a clear part of plains to hunt for wild animals with spear (riven task), to fish with comfort (if it is not an island in the middle of the large lake), mine gems somewhere outside, and etc.

A really important problem also is that Infested interrupt The Great Eidolon Hunt. It is much harder to find Vombalysts for Eidolon Lures during the night (if you don't know the popular spawn spots which are not many) since event mobs are spawning a lot and everywhere instead of needed units. You can use x2 Enemy Radars and still those red icons will display packs of Infested instead of beloved Sentients.

Infested are annoying also when preventing from unveiling mods with "undetected" tasks because they have their "hive intellect", therefore they can find me everywhere on the map even with fastest invisibility recasts (i know i'm noobie about not taking Octavia every time for permanent invisibility but she should not be the only way to complete this type of missions, stealth is not equal to invisibility abilities, and infested like have intuition to run where i run).

I still can enjoy PoE and complete the needed missions but this, indeed, is a really unneeded challenge complication imho. I think their spawning should be lowered a lot during Free Roam, and especially at night (if not removed at all).

Thanks for attention, you can share your experience about that.

33 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

For your challenge problem, try earth, kubrows are wild animals... idk why everyone rushes to PoE and waits for animals lol

Otherwise, agree +1

The last challenge I had (kill X animals with a fishing spear) did not work with Feral Kavats and Kubrows. 

I’ve done a riven challenge in the plains before and oh man, it wasn’t a fun experience. I have to kill 6 unalerted tusk Ballistas (i think that is what i only have to do for that challenge) so my obvious choice would be use a sniper rifle (the riven was for a melee weapon) since i can kill them from a nice amount of range but the problem was the infested and the grineer attacks me while i try to kill the unalerted Ballistas. I was using Valkyr so a heavily armored Warframe. Ancients, chargers, leapers, tusk lancers, some ballistas that was alerted, tusk flameblades, Ogmas, Bombards etc. attacking me at the same time while trying to finish that one riven mod. I did complete it and it was a fragor riven but it was like hell on POE.

7 hours ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

For your challenge problem, try earth, kubrows are wild animals... idk why everyone rushes to PoE and waits for animals lol

Otherwise, agree +1

Because they dont count, i tested meself, neither do skates work

9 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

I’ve done a riven challenge in the plains before and oh man, it wasn’t a fun experience. I have to kill 6 unalerted tusk Ballistas (i think that is what i only have to do for that challenge) so my obvious choice would be use a sniper rifle (the riven was for a melee weapon) since i can kill them from a nice amount of range but the problem was the infested and the grineer attacks me while i try to kill the unalerted Ballistas. I was using Valkyr so a heavily armored Warframe. Ancients, chargers, leapers, tusk lancers, some ballistas that was alerted, tusk flameblades, Ogmas, Bombards etc. attacking me at the same time while trying to finish that one riven mod. I did complete it and it was a fragor riven but it was like hell on POE.

use suppressor mods for your weapons next time when you need to not be noticed, and yeah, high range is fine but also consider getting resources for Itzal Arch (yeah i know it's not an easy one for a mid rank player but it gives a huge advantage on PoE).

10 hours ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

when i tried them, they did not work for me but i will try again, thanks.

10 hours ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Otherwise, agree +1

& thanks for this, means a lot. i truly hope to have some attention about this one

On 4/12/2018 at 12:44 PM, -dapoy.Amily- said:

use suppressor mods for your weapons next time when you need to not be noticed, and yeah, high range is fine but also consider getting resources for Itzal Arch (yeah i know it's not an easy one for a mid rank player but it gives a huge advantage on PoE).

I just remembered what the riven challenge was now: “Get 6 headshots on Unalerted Tusk Ballistas in one day”. Another reason why i used a sniper rifle when i did that exact challenge. These tips would help though.