Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Murkray question

(XBOX)D34thst41ker

Question

So, a bit of background: I'm really, really bad at farming Focus. I tried a Sleepuinox, and over the course of a single mission, I got 25k Focus. The video I'd been trying to emulate, the creator got 25k off of a single Convergence Orb, then commented that they would have gotten more, but were distracted by the fact that they were recording. Because of this, I've given up trying to actively farm Focus. I've managed to max out the initial Zenurik node and Energizing Dash, and the first Zenurik Waybound node is at rank 3.

The main reason I mention this is because you apparently have to basically have a maxed Operator to take on Teralysts, and I'm clearly nowhere near that. Given that I was under the impression that the only way to Rank up the Quills was to get Sentient Cores from Teralysts, and the fact that I'm nowhere near ready to even attempt a Teralyst, and my Quills standing remained untouched.

Recently, however, in the process of getting the Achievement for surviving a night on the Plains, I discovered that the Vomvalysts are guaranteed to drop Intact Sentient Cores. Two runs taking out Vomvalysts got me enough Standing to get to Rank 1 with the Quills, as well as enough to get the blueprints for the 111 Amp. I've gotten the materials for 2 of the 3 pieces, and am currently working on the last piece.

The problem is that the last piece needs 2 Murkray Livers. Everything I can find online says you have to use Bait, and have to fish in the sea. The problem with that is that I have a single Murkray Liver, and I don't have the Ostron Standing to buy the Bait. In addition, the only time I went fishing before now was at Gara Toht lake, which shouldn't have any Murkrays.

The question is whether I missed a patch note that restricted the spawns of Murkrays, as it's extremely frustrating to literally be a single item away from being able to get rid of my Mote Amp, only to find that I've got to do a significant amount of work to get something that I already have one of. I'm kind of hoping that there is something that I can do to get the Liver I need now, as I'm not looking forward to spending the next week farming Standing and materials just to get one more of an item that I already managed to somehow get one of already.

7 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

So, a bit of background: I'm really, really bad at farming Focus. I tried a Sleepuinox, and over the course of a single mission, I got 25k Focus. The video I'd been trying to emulate, the creator got 25k off of a single Convergence Orb, then commented that they would have gotten more, but were distracted by the fact that they were recording. Because of this, I've given up trying to actively farm Focus. I've managed to max out the initial Zenurik node and Energizing Dash, and the first Zenurik Waybound node is at rank 3.

The main reason I mention this is because you apparently have to basically have a maxed Operator to take on Teralysts, and I'm clearly nowhere near that. Given that I was under the impression that the only way to Rank up the Quills was to get Sentient Cores from Teralysts, and the fact that I'm nowhere near ready to even attempt a Teralyst, and my Quills standing remained untouched.

Recently, however, in the process of getting the Achievement for surviving a night on the Plains, I discovered that the Vomvalysts are guaranteed to drop Intact Sentient Cores. Two runs taking out Vomvalysts got me enough Standing to get to Rank 1 with the Quills, as well as enough to get the blueprints for the 111 Amp. I've gotten the materials for 2 of the 3 pieces, and am currently working on the last piece.

The problem is that the last piece needs 2 Murkray Livers. Everything I can find online says you have to use Bait, and have to fish in the sea. The problem with that is that I have a single Murkray Liver, and I don't have the Ostron Standing to buy the Bait. In addition, the only time I went fishing before now was at Gara Toht lake, which shouldn't have any Murkrays.

The question is whether I missed a patch note that restricted the spawns of Murkrays, as it's extremely frustrating to literally be a single item away from being able to get rid of my Mote Amp, only to find that I've got to do a significant amount of work to get something that I already have one of. I'm kind of hoping that there is something that I can do to get the Liver I need now, as I'm not looking forward to spending the next week farming Standing and materials just to get one more of an item that I already managed to somehow get one of already.

You could always buy the Murkrays from other players.

But yes, Murkrays only spawn in the ocean and you need "Murkray Bait".

Did you buy the fish tank vignette?  That comes with some fish and could explain why you had a single Murkray without fishing at the coast.

You don't need a maxed Operator to take on a Teralyst.  You only need that if you are trying to kill as many as you can in the 50 minute night time.  My first Teralyst kill was with two friends, none of us with waybounds unlocked, two with starter Mote Amps and one hadn't even joined the Quills so had the basic hand beam and 100 health.  We still killed it, learnt the ropes that way and could then move on to trying to capture, optimizing our gear and taking on the harder Eidolons.  Have a go with what you've got, solo if if you can't find a group that'll accept you, and you'll still experience the mechanics of the fight and even if you only manage to destroy a single Synovia you'll get an Exceptional Core for that.

2 hours ago, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

The one you have already I'm guessing you bought from the Operation Plague Star.  Console will get that operation again soon so if you don't want to actually fish you can get it that way without using plat.

The fishing isn't that bad and I don't like fishing in games in general.  The more important thing is the overall Ostron standing though because like you said you have to rank that up and use it as a currency.  Just do 1-3 bounties a day when you feel in the mood and you get enough before you know it.

Farming focus is fastest and easiest with a Silence Banshee on Adarao (Sedna exterminate).  Literally cap out in 15 mintues if you have a booter and greater lenses (or eidolon lens that you get from Ostron bounties).

Hello,

Yeah, it's odd that you have that spare murkray, but they aren't that bad to fish up. Go fishing in the sea (Far west or southeast) to get norgs and goopollas, which you need to craft Murkray bait. You'll just need to bite the bullet and get some Ostron standing to get the bait. I also recommend buying some of that luminous dye- throw it in the water with your bait, and the fish are WAY more visible. Seriously, you can even see them through solid rock.

As for maxing your operator/focus, you don't need a maxed operator to hunt eidolons. I can't speak for the stronger ones, but I can hunt Teralysts just fine with almost no focus. The big thing is your amp- the mote amp is awful, getting the 1-1-1 amp (which you said you did) is an ENORMOUS jump forward.

Best of luck!

I figured out where my extra Liver came from. I purchased it during the first run of Operation Plague Star. Only got one because I thought it would be easier to get than it is.

It's good to hear that I don't need to have a fully maxed Operator to take on Eidolons. I was under the impression that I did because every video I've watched on the subject has had fully maxed Operators. There isn't a single "entry level" video that I've seen, so I figured that it was because that was "entry-level".