Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WIP UI Screencaps From Facebook Post - Preemptive Feedback

MagPrime

This morning I was scrolling through good'ol Facebook and saw the Warframe page had uploaded some WIP UI teasers.  Overall, they look amazing.  The artwork is outstanding and the new UI looks fairly balanced and more user friendly than what we currently have.

Spoiler

p82Kebc.jpg

I mean, just look at that!  My Alata Mag Prime is going to look so dang amazing on that login screen, I can hardly wait!

Spoiler

7eOY8Th.jpg

Ok, looks like a reskin of what we have, no additional filter options, but still, looks rather nice.

Spoiler

l0VB03Y.jpg

Now this is just beautiful! 

Normally, I tell people to wait and see what the finished product is going to be beore offering feedback on anything with "WIP" attached but I've gotten, idk, a bit more jaded or cynical when it comes to some things DE does.  They have done an outstanding job on most fronts, but have dropped the ball on things that could be considered obvious details.  (Nidus infection cure, anyone?)

I know that the image only shows what looks like console control options, but since there was no declaration on the official Warframe FB page that these are console only changes, I'm going to confidently make the assumption that this will be for all 3 platforms.

Spoiler

pw1a5xO.jpg?1

So, I'd like to offer these two things;

Where is the search bar in the 3rd image?  Are we to scroll through all of our mods again, unable to do key word searches or was this just left out of the WIP on accident?

Are we going to have the option of coloring our UI?  Gold is nice and all, but it's not my preferred daily color.  If the UI color is going to be effected by our ships energy color, awesome!  IIRC, there is that feature already apparent on the Foundry when you change the energy color.  It would be wonderful if that was carried over to these UI changes as well. 

Well, 3 things.

Can we have the option of better filters?  Sometimes I want to see only Forma'd shotguns or melee with potatoes on them, or only see sem-auto or full auto weapons, not just the primary/secondary/melee/etc. options we have now.

I don't think I can stress how much I'm looking forward to these changes, but I do have concerns that it's just a reskin overall and a step backwards in a couple regards.  

Edited by MagPrime
Image issues resolved.

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

Ah, there are the images.

Search bar in third image is right below "Upgrades"

I had to zoom in to see that, jeebus.  Maybe lightening up the text would have helped, but thank you for pointing that out.

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I had to zoom in to see that, jeebus.  Maybe lightening up the text would have helped, but thank you for pointing that out.

its because of where the search bar is in the 3rd image compared to where it is on the2nd image. Definitely agree that there needs some lighting to either the text or the search field background.

remember however that we will have multiple themes for the UI to choose from, so they have to take that into account as well.

Also, iirc correctly, that 3rd image is older than the 2nd image.

Edited by Kalvorax

Just now, Kalvorax said:

its because of where the search bar is in the 3rd image compared to where it is on the 1st and 2nd images. Definitely agree that there needs some lighting to either the text or the search field background.

remember however that we will have multiple themes for the UI to choose from, so they have to take that into account as well.

I must have missed the announcement of having multiple UI themes, do you have a source?

Just now, MagPrime said:

I must have missed the announcement of having multiple UI themes, do you have a source?

https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-109-khora-and-void-onslaught

Spoiler

First and foremost – say goodbye to horizontal scroll! With the growing inventories of players, making these menus simpler and easier to navigate is a key point of this remaster. Steve also mentioned having menus or aspects ‘unlock’ as your MR goes up, similar to how Arcanes and the Operator are locked behind your progression as well.

Secondly, we’ll be adding the ability to choose themes for your UI to help it really feel personalized!

Goals is to let you theme your UI the way you like it.

In addition to the visual changes, we are working on implementing more consistent controller support and bringing mouse support to other platforms as well!

1 minute ago, Kalvorax said:

https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-109-khora-and-void-onslaught

Hide contents

First and foremost – say goodbye to horizontal scroll! With the growing inventories of players, making these menus simpler and easier to navigate is a key point of this remaster. Steve also mentioned having menus or aspects ‘unlock’ as your MR goes up, similar to how Arcanes and the Operator are locked behind your progression as well.

Secondly, we’ll be adding the ability to choose themes for your UI to help it really feel personalized!

Goals is to let you theme your UI the way you like it.

In addition to the visual changes, we are working on implementing more consistent controller support and bringing mouse support to other platforms as well!

Awesome, thank you!

I didn't realize I slept through the latest Devstream.  0.0