Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RnG only based Mastery Test

Chrisplaysmore

I really like this game and I did until now somehow lived with it's mastery tests.

There are positives and negatives about this system but this is not the subject here.

Test should be challenging, which most are utterly not and more importantly make players use the skills they learned while playing the game.

This test 17 is utterly RnG. It can be easy or very hard depending on the placement of the orbs.

If you are lucky, it's fast and easy, if you are unlucky you won't get to the 2nd orb.

Also their placement is not always easy to guess...

After the utter ridiculous test for 15 and 16, which are rather insulting by how insanely easy they were this one is purely RnG based.

Just make the orbs spawn in the same sequence and make them give less time instead.

This one I am sorry to say, is either poor or lazy design.

Well they patched the Redeemer and Sarpa being able to destroy orbs, and thrown glaives don't do it anymore either. I would use an AoE frame to kill the enemies, like Ember, while you dash from orb to orb destroying them. Volt would also be a good choice if you want to use speed. 

5 minutes ago, duhadventure said:

Well they patched the Redeemer and Sarpa being able to destroy orbs, and thrown glaives don't do it anymore either. I would use an AoE frame to kill the enemies, like Ember, while you dash from orb to orb destroying them. Volt would also be a good choice if you want to use speed. 

It's not a problem killing the mobs, it's only a BIG problem how sometimes the orbs are placed.

Just practice the game's movement systems and become better acquainted with both movement speed and efficiency through different combinations of the parkour maneuvers we have access to.  It's a thing that's genuinely useful in Warframe, and exists at the core of the very gameplay.  The various facets of the Parkour system is honestly one of the best parts of Warframe as a whole.

During normal gameplay you can't always know how everything is going to happen, where every enemy unit will spawn, whether or not a heavy or Eximus is about to show up or what flavor of them will rear its ugly noggin.  Being able to deal with circumstances that are not set in stone is simply part of Warframe's gameplay.  You can, however, learn the shape of rooms and maps, learn how to move around them in a swift manner.  That's the kind of ideal this test is built upon.

You are correct that most tests are easy and relatively unimportant when looking at the scope of Warframe's gameplay.  This is a test that actually tests players on useful skills like movement and target prioritization.  There are methods to make the test easier too should a player wish to use them.  But that's also true during normal play so it's sensible to use options like that if you need.

I don't see any problem with the orb spawn. It's pretty much effectively rushing from A to B (preferably using parkour).

22 minutes ago, magic2100 said:

wait for mr 19 test.

but that's not rng based and it's easy...

Edited by Guest

30 minutes ago, Bobtm said:

Just practice the game's movement systems and become better acquainted with both movement speed and efficiency through different combinations of the parkour maneuvers we have access to.  It's a thing that's genuinely useful in Warframe, and exists at the core of the very gameplay.  The various facets of the Parkour system is honestly one of the best parts of Warframe as a whole.

During normal gameplay you can't always know how everything is going to happen, where every enemy unit will spawn, whether or not a heavy or Eximus is about to show up or what flavor of them will rear its ugly noggin.  Being able to deal with circumstances that are not set in stone is simply part of Warframe's gameplay.  You can, however, learn the shape of rooms and maps, learn how to move around them in a swift manner.  That's the kind of ideal this test is built upon.

You are correct that most tests are easy and relatively unimportant when looking at the scope of Warframe's gameplay.  This is a test that actually tests players on useful skills like movement and target prioritization.  There are methods to make the test easier too should a player wish to use them.  But that's also true during normal play so it's sensible to use options like that if you need.

i played it for a while, might not be the best but I think I know how to move ...

20 minutes ago, Chrisplaysmore said:

i played it for a while, might not be the best but I think I know how to move ...

There's a difference between knowing how to move, and knowing how to move efficiently and swiftly.  And I don't mean this in any negative way or anything of the sort, but if one does know how to maximize their movement this test is simply a cake walk.  This test is all about knowing how to prioritize movements and targets while maintaining overall efficiency in whatever your current goal may be.

You also are not the only person to have a rough time with this specific test, it's one that semi-commonly hits players who haven't quite gotten those particular skills down just yet.  And that's not a bad thing either, there's always room to learn and improve on things after all.

While this video is not my own, here's an example that I've seen used in this situation;

Video in spoiler tags

In this example the player uses only the basic starter gear and continues going on this particular test for an absurdly long time specifically to show players how to focus on movement.  There are multiple times where they could have easily killed the enemies before them but they very deliberately and purely focused on displaying movement and prioritizing orbs as an example of how to move well.

Later on in the video they begin fighting the enemies but specifically use the Mk-1 Braton when doing so, which will not kill the foes in any sort of a timely manner.  This is incredibly inefficient and consumes far more time than it would were a player using a proper loadout during this test.  Despite that they continue onward still easily managing the test overall, with a couple of close calls where the timer is on the literal verge of zero seconds.

One tip I can give about the test if you haven't mastered movement yet is this;  Always dash back to the center of the map immediately after hitting any orb.

No matter where an orb spawns, if you're in the middle you're more prepped for it.  You don't need to do this if you can move efficiently, but if you haven't gotten that part down to the T yet then centering yourself on the map means your average distance to any orb is at the minimum that it could be.